Do you think Kyle Shanahan gets a little too much credit for our 2016 offense?

Do you guys think Kyle Shanahan gets a little bit too much credit for our 2016 offense success? I personally credit Matt Ryan hitting his prime and maturing as a Quarterback more than I do Kyle Shanahan. If we had Freeman and our 2018 offensive line played as well as the 2016 offensive line I think Sark would have looked like an offensive genius. Kyle Shanahan has never even won a playoff game without Matt Ryan. No disrespect to Kyle Shanahan I just think that Matt Ryan hitting his prime was what caused the 2016 offensive explosion. I give talent/health 80℅ credit. Kyle Shanahan 20℅ credit. Your thoughts?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No.

no

Not at all. Myself @Vandy and @Knight of God had already been saying for years if Matt gets in the WCO he’ll be a beast. And as soon as Kyle got here beastery began. 

I think he's a brilliant offensive mind. However, when there's a Ferrari parked out front all you have to do is get in and drive. He knows how to drive. I'll be interested to see what he can do with the '69ers this year, given a healthy Jimmy G.

Edited by A Dog Named Brian

I think you have to give 50% to the offensive coach, 50% to the offensive players. Neither is complete without the other. 2016 was a perfect storm. Two tries without him and we couldn't get it done. Thats not to say that they can't grow into that with a few extra pieces and a stronger defense. 

42 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you guys think Kyle Shanahan gets a little bit too much credit for our 2016 offense success? I personally credit Matt Ryan hitting his prime and maturing as a Quarterback more than I do Kyle Shanahan. If we had Freeman and our 2018 offensive line played as well as the 2016 offensive line I think Sark would have looked like an offensive genius. Kyle Shanahan has never even won a playoff game without Matt Ryan. No disrespect to Kyle Shanahan I just think that Matt Ryan hitting his prime was what caused the 2016 offensive explosion. I give talent/health 80℅ credit. Kyle Shanahan 20℅ credit. Your thoughts?

I believe that Kyle provided a lens and a way to see the game that was the catalyst for Matt reaching maturity.

The timing of Matt's growth crossing paths with Kyle needing to find a place with talent to prove himself, is luck, chance or as Samuel L. Jackson would say, "...according to Hoyle Miracle". But either way,  both benefitted greatly. 

No. It wasn’t just the play calling either. The attention to detail and how we were able to sell play action was well executed.

We were a very well coached offense. It was the first time I had seen Matt in an offense that consistently schemed easy throws for big gains. I was always jealous of how Brees and Brady could rack up stats on easy throws.

I actually think if Dan Quinn be

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

**** yes!!! You think with how possessed the folks on this board are with him he was ******* reincarnation of Bill Walsh himself!! I'm so mother****ing sick of hearing about Kyle ******* Shanahan and the New York ******* Patriots!! Stop it!!

You used to be so laid back and chill. Lol 

2 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

If Matt had Kyle for as long as Brees has had Peyton and Brady has had Daniels (and BB), he’d be right in the middle of the goat discussion. 

Same for Koetter and possibly Sark. Kyle in 2016 was a beast it's just he hasn't done anything without Matt Ryan. But then again Bill Bellicheck might not have done jack without Tom Brady.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm just so sick of the same garbage being posted over and over again because people can't move on.

I think most of us are just bored waiting for 2019. I am over it. If the Falcons can't win a ring with all this talent then they don't deserve it I guess. I expect us to get one within the next 5 years for sure.