Rb group had my curiosity but now they have my attention

jdawg4876

2 minutes ago, Tim D'White Shoes Johnson said:

Yes. I think this extra pre-season game will benefit the stable of backs for evaluation. Hope they make the decision of who stays difficult. 

this could be one of the most battles of training camp as far as who gets a roster spot. most of us think ortiz is gone at fullback, so does that mean we keep hill and let him do it. can barner also be the kr/pr guy or will that go to green. what about stocker at te he can also play fullback.Do we finally cut saubert or logan bc we cant keep everybody. Bc right now there are 5 players pushing for a rb job on the falcons

Once they added Ollison, I was full on excited because they finally seem to be going in the direction of the Pats style of committee approach. Freeman is still going to be the lead dog, but Ito is good in his own right, Hill is showing he deserves to make the roster, Ollison is a big bully, Barner is a wily vet, and even Brooks-James has some level of promise to make the PS. It's as deep a group as we've seen in Atlanta. 

21 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

this could be one of the most battles of training camp as far as who gets a roster spot. most of us think ortiz is gone at fullback, so does that mean we keep hill and let him do it. can barner also be the kr/pr guy or will that go to green. what about stocker at te he can also play fullback.Do we finally cut saubert or logan bc we cant keep everybody. Bc right now there are 5 players pushing for a rb job on the falcons

Hopefully some how Green makes the roster as a receiver/kr

Edited by Precyse

32 minutes ago, vel said:

Once they added Ollison, I was full on excited because they finally seem to be going in the direction of the Pats style of committee approach. Freeman is still going to be the lead dog, but Ito is good in his own right, Hill is showing he deserves to make the roster, Ollison is a big bully, Barner is a wily vet, and even Brooks-James has some level of promise to make the PS. It's as deep a group as we've seen in Atlanta. 

so what we do vel who do we keep. bc  I dont see more than 4 or  at the most

Just now, vel said:

I think it's Freeman, Ito, Hill, Ollison. I don't think Barner makes it unless Green faceplants as a returner, which I don't see happening either. 

so no chance they try and hide ollison on PS for a yr like they try to do to hill a couple of yrs ago.

what about TE are we keep three or 4 there. I think so bc of kotter

Just now, jdawg4876 said:

so no chance they try and hide ollison on PS for a yr like they try to do to hill a couple of yrs ago.

what about TE are we keep three or 4 there. I think so bc of kotter

Nope. Ollison would get picked up I think. Plus, that would leave us no power back. If anything, they label Hill a FB to stash him on the roster. 

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

My opinion is the only chance he had was as a returner. And that chance went down a ton when we drafted Green. Just my opinion though

Im giving him an outside chance especially if he can run catch and block well, plus play special teams rather that is as a gunner or as a kr/pr

Just now, jdawg4876 said:

so what about TE doe we keep all 4 or is saubert or somebody else gone

Hooper, Paulsen, Stocker

I don't know if Saubert makes it honestly. Don't see what value he brings today and hasn't seemed to do much overall since he's been here. Maybe they can stash him on the PS? IDK. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

Hooper, Paulsen, Stocker

I don't know if Saubert makes it honestly. Don't see what value he brings today and hasn't seemed to do much overall since he's been here. Maybe they can stash him on the PS? IDK. 

is he still eligible for ps. He looked great during the camp I went to, and yes I know he does every yr lol. I do see us still keeping 6 wrs.... julio, sanu, calvin, hardy, gage, and green 

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

is he still eligible for ps. He looked great during the camp I went to, and yes I know he does every yr lol. I do see us still keeping 6 wrs.... julio, sanu, calvin, hardy, gage, and green 

Id love to see us move on from Hardy

5 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Lol yea I just don't see him as a 4th TE better than Hill as a 5th RB as of now. Maybe the games will help him.