Goober Pyle

OT - Who Dat Nation Gone Wild! Goodell, title game officials to face questions on ‘no-call’

24 posts in this topic

https://apnews.com/e56e602444514305ae73a5b5e8417702?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_NFL

 

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A Louisiana judge ordered that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and three officials from January’s NFC title game be questioned under oath in September about the infamous “no-call” that helped the Los Angeles Rams beat the New Orleans Saints in January’s NFC title game, a lawyer said Monday.

Attorney Antonio LeMon, who filed a lawsuit over the game that advanced the Rams to the Super Bowl, said he and league attorneys will pick a mutually agreeable date for depositions in New Orleans — barring any league appeals that might delay or cancel the questioning.

A league spokesman declined comment.

 

LeMon’s lawsuit seeks $75,000 in damages — to be donated to charity — over the failure to flag a pass interference or roughness penalty against Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman for his helmet-to-helmet hit on receiver Tommylee Lewis well before a pass arrived. The no-call came at a crucial point in the game against the New Orleans Saints. The Rams won and advanced to the Super Bowl.

State Civil District Court Judge Nicole Sheppard of New Orleans ruled earlier this month that LeMon’s lawsuit could proceed. She also ruled then that LeMon can request documents and ask questions of NFL officials. She said Monday that depositions should take place in September. She also set Aug. 22 for the next hearing in the lawsuit, according to LeMon.

Other suits dealing with the blown call have wound up in federal court, where they have failed. They included one long-shot effort to have the game or a crucial part of it played over before the Rams met the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, which the Patriots won.

LeMon, whose lawsuit alleges fraud by NFL officials, has crafted his lawsuit to avoid having it taken over by a federal court, in part by keeping the damages sought low. He said Monday that he intends for any money won to go to former Saints star Steve Gleason’s charity to aid people with neuromuscular diseases. Gleason was diagnosed with ALS in 2011.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vel said:

There is literally one sentence that ends this lawsuit in court:

You had the ball first in overtime and proceeded to throw an interception.

#theend

Also the Saints took the lead after that no-call, but couldn't hold it for 1:40.  

THIS IS A GAME THE SAINTS WENT OUT TO A 13-0 LEAD

God almighty what a bunch of whiny trailer trash that bunch is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vel said:

There is literally one sentence that ends this lawsuit in court:

You had the ball first in overtime and proceeded to throw an interception.

#theend

Shhh vel that males too much sense  because its true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goober Pyle said:

https://apnews.com/e56e602444514305ae73a5b5e8417702?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_NFL

 

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A Louisiana judge ordered that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and three officials from January’s NFC title game be questioned under oath in September about the infamous “no-call” that helped the Los Angeles Rams beat the New Orleans Saints in January’s NFC title game, a lawyer said Monday.

Attorney Antonio LeMon, who filed a lawsuit over the game that advanced the Rams to the Super Bowl, said he and league attorneys will pick a mutually agreeable date for depositions in New Orleans — barring any league appeals that might delay or cancel the questioning.

A league spokesman declined comment.

 

LeMon’s lawsuit seeks $75,000 in damages — to be donated to charity — over the failure to flag a pass interference or roughness penalty against Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman for his helmet-to-helmet hit on receiver Tommylee Lewis well before a pass arrived. The no-call came at a crucial point in the game against the New Orleans Saints. The Rams won and advanced to the Super Bowl.

State Civil District Court Judge Nicole Sheppard of New Orleans ruled earlier this month that LeMon’s lawsuit could proceed. She also ruled then that LeMon can request documents and ask questions of NFL officials. She said Monday that depositions should take place in September. She also set Aug. 22 for the next hearing in the lawsuit, according to LeMon.

Other suits dealing with the blown call have wound up in federal court, where they have failed. They included one long-shot effort to have the game or a crucial part of it played over before the Rams met the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, which the Patriots won.

LeMon, whose lawsuit alleges fraud by NFL officials, has crafted his lawsuit to avoid having it taken over by a federal court, in part by keeping the damages sought low. He said Monday that he intends for any money won to go to former Saints star Steve Gleason’s charity to aid people with neuromuscular diseases. Gleason was diagnosed with ALS in 2011.

 

:lol::lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wnyfalconfan said:

Maybe Michael Thomas should try to make a play on the ball instead of crying for a call. Just saying

IMG_20190122_143822.jpg

Should flagged him for being a dumb Asterik! 

wnyfalconfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've reviewed the tape over and over and I still do not see any evidence of pass interference. That is my story and I am sticking to it. Case dismissed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goober Pyle said:

https://apnews.com/e56e602444514305ae73a5b5e8417702?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_NFL

 

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A Louisiana judge ordered that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and three officials from January’s NFC title game be questioned under oath in September about the infamous “no-call” that helped the Los Angeles Rams beat the New Orleans Saints in January’s NFC title game, a lawyer said Monday.

Attorney Antonio LeMon, who filed a lawsuit over the game that advanced the Rams to the Super Bowl, said he and league attorneys will pick a mutually agreeable date for depositions in New Orleans — barring any league appeals that might delay or cancel the questioning.

A league spokesman declined comment.

 

LeMon’s lawsuit seeks $75,000 in damages — to be donated to charity — over the failure to flag a pass interference or roughness penalty against Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman for his helmet-to-helmet hit on receiver Tommylee Lewis well before a pass arrived. The no-call came at a crucial point in the game against the New Orleans Saints. The Rams won and advanced to the Super Bowl.

State Civil District Court Judge Nicole Sheppard of New Orleans ruled earlier this month that LeMon’s lawsuit could proceed. She also ruled then that LeMon can request documents and ask questions of NFL officials. She said Monday that depositions should take place in September. She also set Aug. 22 for the next hearing in the lawsuit, according to LeMon.

Other suits dealing with the blown call have wound up in federal court, where they have failed. They included one long-shot effort to have the game or a crucial part of it played over before the Rams met the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, which the Patriots won.

LeMon, whose lawsuit alleges fraud by NFL officials, has crafted his lawsuit to avoid having it taken over by a federal court, in part by keeping the damages sought low. He said Monday that he intends for any money won to go to former Saints star Steve Gleason’s charity to aid people with neuromuscular diseases. Gleason was diagnosed with ALS in 2011.

 

Of course the biased New Orleans judge ruled the case could proceed. What a joke that is!!!! How will there be a fair trial in New Orleans? Move the case to a different city like Los Angeles or even Atlanta and see if the case would be allowed to proceed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 9:31 PM, Bigbenright said:

Of course the biased New Orleans judge ruled the case could proceed. What a joke that is!!!! How will there be a fair trial in New Orleans? Move the case to a different city like Los Angeles or even Atlanta and see if the case would be allowed to proceed.

yes move it here! I'll volunteer for jury duty!  :mmmhmm:

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now