ATLBrave

Braves @ Nationals

448 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

If we were going to keep Riley in LF I'd be all over Rendon this winter.

Always thought he was the best player on that team.

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So if Duvall ends up taking us to the promised land I just want to remind some of that he was my guy last year.

Be honest.. would you have kept him?

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Be honest.. would you have kept him?

I would have done what the Braves did. I really like the big power and gold glove defense. 

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I would have done what the Braves did. I really like the big power and gold glove defense. 

Figured you would have had him drive a car off a cliff or something by now..

;)

Born Again Georgian likes this

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Figured you would have had him drive a car off a cliff or something by now..

;)

I'm a sucker for power. Flash me that and I'll have a much longer leash. 

I'm concerned about Riley but his power will always keep me interested. 

Just now, Malachore said:

I'm a sucker for power. Flash me that and I'll have a much longer leash. 

I'm concerned about Riley but his power will always keep me interested. 

Personally I figured Duvall was gone with how well he was performing down there.. but currently happy he’s not.. chalk one up for Alex

falconsd56 likes this

Just now, Malachore said:

Ermmm who?

RP. Having a decent year with Texas right now. You’ll love the fact that he’s walked FOUR batters all year. 

sdogg and Malachore like this

Member when people were complaining about paying Duvall 3 million in AAA??

The fact that the braves lost a guy like Markakis and were able to just call a guy like Duvall up with out giving up additional assets speaks to the organizational depth that the braves have

Just now, ATLBrave said:

RP. Having a decent year with Texas right now. You’ll love the fact that he’s walked FOUR batters all year. 

Just peeped him.

1.02 WHIP

Nearly 4:1 strikout to walk ratio. Just hope that's the middle relief and not backend RP we were hoping for.

Just peeped him.

1.02 WHIP

Nearly 4:1 strikout to walk ratio. Just hope that's the middle relief and not backend RP we were hoping for.

Unless they get Diaz, I’m not sure one is going to be available that isn’t going to cost a Pache or Anderson and that is not a price you pay for a reliever. 

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Theres one arm. I had a feeling Allard was trade bait because we never let him pitch in MLB.

No sense in letting him get (most likely) shelled at this level. 

4 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Unless they get Diaz, I’m not sure one is going to be available that isn’t going to cost a Pache or Anderson and that is not a price you pay for a reliever. 

Greene?

6'7" with high 90's fastball but as much as I didn't like Allard that seems steep for a guy who might be a rental?

But I'd been fine with just Martin IF we also get us an upgrade in the rotation and I'm not talking about Roark.

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Especially to a division rival

Greene?

6'7" with high 90's fastball but as much as I didn't like Allard that seems steep for a guy who might be a rental?

But I'd been fine with just Martin IF we also get us an upgrade in the rotation and I'm not talking about Roark.

I’d equate Greene to a middle relief option. Having a good year, but not someone I’d pay more than what we just gave up for Martin. 

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Great move getting Chris Martin!! He's got only 4 walks in 38 innings this year!! He's got 43 strikeouts!!

I'm sold

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Greene?

Greene is a little tricky I think. Great year but how much of it is a fluke? His FIP is 3.70 and he had an ERA of 5.12 last year. I'd be ok getting him but I would imagine the asking price is too much because of his good year.