ATLBrave

Braves @ Nationals

448 posts in this topic

All this cause AA was sleeping during FA period. Now he's sleeping before the trade deadline. 

Posted (edited)

I feel bad for making my daughter watch this game for Chad to give up a slam and make the whole night pointless.  Should have went with cartoons.  :sadwave:

Edited by Dirty South Bird
sdogg likes this

Say what you will about the rotation but we need bullpen arms above anything else. In a 2-2 game we had to turn to Chad Sobotka. We have to fix that.

Just now, HotLantaFalcon said:

I think the Braves pen took that as a challenge

No doubt

I knew Chuck Hernandez was not the answer as Pitching coach, but I’m pretty sure Krantz is no better and maybe worse.  WTF happened with Carle, Stinkler, Sobotka, Biddle etc.  All of those guys were pretty good last year

Dawggone likes this

I hope we stand pat and don’t sell the farm to try and win anything this year.  Don’t think we could get enough new players to even win the NL with all of our needs.  10 walks by our pitchers and 13 strikeouts by our hitters.  Pathetic 

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

No pitchers have made progress under Kranitz

No kidding, and wasn’t he MIA for a while at the beginning of the season too?

1 minute ago, Dirty South Bird said:

No kidding, and wasn’t he MIA for a while at the beginning of the season too?

Yes, announced as a family matter I believe.  

We need to face reality.  As long as we have cheap *** owners that won’t spend what is needed to win championships,the Braves May be competitive but they ain’t winning diddly poo.  Yeah they could catch lightning in a bottle like the Marlins but that is hard to do.  

13 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I hope we stand pat and don’t sell the farm to try and win anything this year.  Don’t think we could get enough new players to even win the NL with all of our needs.  10 walks by our pitchers and 13 strikeouts by our hitters.  Pathetic 

This. We have way too many holes that are being exposed now. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Say what you will about the rotation but we need bullpen arms above anything else. In a 2-2 game we had to turn to Chad Sobotka. We have to fix that.

I mean that's true but how about one of our starter actually pitch more than 5 innings. 

That's pathetic. 

sdogg likes this

23 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

We need to face reality.  As long as we have cheap *** owners that won’t spend what is needed to win championships,the Braves May be competitive but they ain’t winning diddly poo.  Yeah they could catch lightning in a bottle like the Marlins but that is hard to do.  

That's why you eventually have to use your farm system as currency and not sit on them like they're precious golden eggs.

sdogg likes this

30 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I knew Chuck Hernandez was not the answer as Pitching coach, but I’m pretty sure Krantz is no better and maybe worse.  WTF happened with Carle, Stinkler, Sobotka, Biddle etc.  All of those guys were pretty good last year

Carle was an on the edges type guy that was a big surprise.

Sobotka being good in September is a real small sample size with multiple callups that could've helped and he has a rep that is bad as Cabrera with command (a quick google search will reveal that).

Stinkler just totally lost his command and it's not even working in the minors. His case is bizarre.

Biddle completely lost his confidence (multiple teams haven't been able to reach him).