m2Falcons

Big Country

20 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

I'm so looking forward to having Lindstrom next to McGary on the right side for the Falcons.

As Wes Durham put it (speaking about McGary), “this guy isn’t looking for a fight, he’s going to start one.” 

Hoping McGary beats Ty for the Week 1 spot at RT. Having these two rookies man the right side of our line and for the next decade to come just sounds so glorious. 

Ergo Proxy, gazoo and papachaz like this

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

We basically wasted money extending Ty and signing 2 guards in the offseason 

I wouldn’t say that. Would you rather us have no depth along the OL for another season? F*ck that. One guy goes down and it details the season.

Edited by shock

22 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

For sure don't agree with this at all.  After seeing our OL ravaged by injuries over the years outside of 2016 and then watching our craptacular depth struggle game after game to keep Ryan up or even give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.  Heck even watching them struggle to get us 1 **** yard on a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down run play or make holes for freem and and the RB core.  Im more than happy to swing a few extra millions to make sure no matter what we have adequate depth for a entire season run to the playoffs and sb if we can make it without worrying the offense is gonna fall flat on it's face again bc of a injury or 2 on the OL.

tonatl07, NCCooley, gazoo and 6 others like this

35 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

For sure don't agree with this at all.  After seeing our OL ravaged by injuries over the years outside of 2016 and then watching our craptacular depth struggle game after game to keep Ryan up or even give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.  Heck even watching them struggle to get us 1 **** yard on a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down run play or make holes for freem and and the RB core.  Im more than happy to swing a few extra millions to make sure no matter what we have adequate depth for a entire season run to the playoffs and sb if we can make it without worrying the offense is gonna fall flat on it's face again bc of a injury or 2 on the OL.

You can’t build a team scarred.  With regards to OL, we did just that.  Overkill.  58 million allocated to the OL next year is just way, way too much

Thats enough for 10 million apiece for each starter plus 8 million left over for the backups

Atl Falcon and ButSkiuup like this

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

You can’t build a team scarred.  With regards to OL, we did just that.  Overkill.  58 million allocated to the OL next year is just way, way too much

Thats enough for 10 million apiece for each starter plus 8 million left over for the backups

You also can’t win when your QB is constantly being lit up with subpar protection. We can cut Ty next year if need be. And I’m fine having 3 starting level guards on the roster. 

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Make it 5 to 10 million more i didn't know we only spent 58 million that might not be enough honestly.  I still see a Schweitzer in there as a backup im not ok on that go find me a better center with another 5 to 7 million.

Also thats not building a team scared thats building a team smart and preparing for crap out of your control being injuries.   Also as a O-lineman for 8 years of the time i played you can **** sure never have enough good ones same goes for D-line.  I would spend the major bulk of my money on the Trenches and get solid to above avg players at the skill positions for less money.

8 minutes ago, shock said:

You also can’t win when your QB is constantly being lit up with subpar protection. We can cut Ty next year if need be. And I’m fine having 3 starting level guards on the roster. 

If a B+ line can’t be built for 35-40 million then there is an evaluation or scheme problems

ButSkiuup likes this

I wonder how many of these cap-and-contract mom's-basement-couch geniuses just happen to make their brilliant livings saying things like, 

'Is that for here or to go?' *

*no offense to any food service persons, I was in it for quite a while myself.  That was just written to make contrast between their mouths and their abilities.  

Flyin' In DC and NCCooley like this

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

If a B+ line can’t be built for 35-40 million then there is an evaluation or scheme problems

OL and DL are the two hardest position groups to scout now because of high schools and colleges going to the spread offenses. I remember Ozzie Newsome talking about this. 

With OL, there is virtually no guaranty a rookie draft pick is going to be able to start, or that if he does start he won’t stink up the field, get benched or get your QB killed.

The top pick in the 2008 NFL draft was an OT, picked over Matt Ryan by Miami when they needed a QB.  That OT was a bust.  Many OL picked high in 1st rounds are busts.  

So going into this season assuming both our rookie OL would start and play at a high level would have been malpractice. I’m stoked we finally decided to make OL a priority and have guys behind the starters who can play.

One injury to Jake, Mack, or whoever starts at LG and no one will question the wisdom of the offseason.

1 hour ago, BirdGangATL said:

Strongly disagree. Having depth on the OL is something this team has always needed. I'm sick of watching Matt run for his life. This is a beautiful thing, to me, at least. 

octoslash, NCCooley, rugger8 and 1 other like this

37 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Jake  15

Mack 10.5

Brown 6.5

Ty    5.75

Carp 5.2

Linds 3.3

Caleb 2.3

That's 48 mil,  is my math off or where did I miss another 10 mil in 2020 cap? 

shock and Tim Mazetti like this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Who the **** wants a B+ line?  I want an A+ line and will settle for B+ other places like TE, WR, RB, and LB.

Flyin' In DC likes this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Jake  15

Mack 10.5

Brown 6.5

Ty    5.75

Carp 5.2

Linds 3.3

Caleb 2.3

Those numbers look good to me. And we can dump Ty if McGary takes over. 

I agree w all saying depth is important, but what is being missed is when we signed Ty, Carp and Brown we had no idea if Lindstrom and McGary would even be there In the draft. 

Most of our OL signings we really 2 year deals. 

Tim Mazetti and rugger8 like this

7 hours ago, falconidae said:

Jake  15

Mack 10.5

Brown 6.5

Ty    5.75

Carp 5.2

Linds 3.3

Caleb 2.3

Wes is 2M, not sure what the backups like Wentzel etc add up to, but I agree 58M seems like a stretch.