FentayeJones

Desmond Trufant hints at a more aggressive defense

49 posts in this topic

“We’re playing really aggressive,” Trufant said. “Windows are going to be a lot tighter this year, we have a couple new things we’re doing up front as well. DQ is just an aggressive coach, confidence is through the roof. He believes in us and we have to go out there and perform. We’re going to be a lot closer to guys more consistently, that’s our plan. We’re going to be up in guys faces, challenging [them]. That’s what they want us to do so were going to do it.”

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/desmond-trufant-hints-at-a-more-aggressive-defense

https://929thegame.radio.com/articles/deadrin-senat-what-atlanta-falcons-dan-quinn-defensive-line-will-look

slick0ne, gazoo, Ergo Proxy and 8 others like this

I’ve (and others) been saying Quinn runs an aggressive defense, seen on display end of season 2016. This year’s defense could be fun to watch just like 2016. Manuel spent too much time keeping the ball in front of him, which can be great with our best players... however, Quinn gives up yards but creates turnovers and limits scoring, also providing opportunities for the offense. I’m excited about this year. 

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Serious question, are you actually a fan of the falcons?

Yes and I’m a student of the game and I’ve earned the right to be objective

Max Force likes this

4 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Yes and I’m a student of the game and I’ve earned the right to be objective

Objective? Nah. You just like to fire shot after shot using sarcasm that you think is “clever” but it actually just makes everyone roll their eyes. Take the Beasley comment you just made in this thread. Wasn’t clever. It was lame 

16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Objective? Nah. You just like to fire shot after shot using sarcasm that you think is “clever” but it actually just makes everyone roll their eyes. Take the Beasley comment you just made in this thread. Wasn’t clever. It was lame 

Attacking me and calling me lame is really unnecessary.

50 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Yes Rico got the pick on this play but Beasley straight beat Sambrailo (74) on the inside move.

Please forgive me if I’m more worried about the RT position than excited for Beasley...

Malachore, Osiruz and sdogg like this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol at using the word “attacking”. Don’t like me calling you out? You could always report me to the mods....

Haha

JD dirtybird21 likes this

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol at using the word “attacking”. Don’t like me calling you out? You could always report me to the mods....

I respectfully ask you to please stop being toxic to me. Thank you

55 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Abuse of power..says in the loudest barney fife voice citizens arrest!! Citizens arrest! Lol jk carry on

ButSkiuup and JD dirtybird21 like this

5 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Abuse of power..says in the loudest barney fife voice citizens arrest!! Citizens arrest! Lol jk carry on

7 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

“We’re playing really aggressive,” Trufant said. “Windows are going to be a lot tighter this year, we have a couple new things we’re doing up front as well. DQ is just an aggressive coach, confidence is through the roof. He believes in us and we have to go out there and perform. We’re going to be a lot closer to guys more consistently, that’s our plan. We’re going to be up in guys faces, challenging [them]. That’s what they want us to do so were going to do it.”

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/desmond-trufant-hints-at-a-more-aggressive-defense

https://929thegame.radio.com/articles/deadrin-senat-what-atlanta-falcons-dan-quinn-defensive-line-will-look

This article jacked me up my brother! Man, I think DQ finally has the personnel to implement a similar attack style, aggressive defense he had when he was in Seattle.

DQ took over the defense and play calling in the middle of 2016 when it was awful, and you saw the defense improve dramatically by time we got the the playoffs. This year, DQ is in right from the start.

PokerSteve likes this

6 hours ago, ltstorm2 said:

But are you going to tackle?

No he will act like he got blocked out the play and let up. It’s funny how many people punk Trufant

Doobs likes this