ya_boi_j

Rico putting in extra work

34 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

This man has earned every red cent he has been paid.  #leader

People don’t realize how much we missed him last year.  Neal is the better football player, but Rico may have a bigger impact on gamedays 

Man, that’s why I wasn’t entirely down on the season when we lost Debo & Neal last year. I was thinking we still had the dad of the defense around in Rico.... then he went down it was all over from there. 

4 minutes ago, shock said:

Man, that’s why I wasn’t entirely down on the season when we lost Debo & Neal last year. I was thinking we still had the dad of the defense around in Rico.... then he went down it was all over from there. 

Probably win 9 games and possible even make playoffs.  

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 hours ago, Precyse said:

I love this dude, alot of people give Rico ****, but he's a one of a kind talent, brain, and person. 

Bro I really see it in him. Kazee may have more ints, but the defense reduced yards when Rico was back there. He’s underrated. 

TheFatboi, Ergo Proxy and No.11 like this

3 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Bro I really see it in him. Kazee may have more ints, but the defense reduced yards when Rico was back there. He’s underrated. 

Yards and TDs. Some people play a position but some people master it. Rico is one of those people

Ergo Proxy and TheFatboi like this

3 hours ago, No.11 said:

Smart man. Probably trying to gain some insight into how QBs of Matt's caliber read and attack defenses and manipulate the safety.

Not just of Matt’s caliber but how offenses try to attack their defense as a whole. 

No.11, Flying Falcon and Ergo Proxy like this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Hopefully he can make some int's as well .... 

He had a pick or 2 before he got hurt last year. And he had pickSSSS  in the playoffs when Quinn took over in 2016. I keep telling y’all its not the players it’s the play callers. Manuel was NOT an aggressive DC. Quinn is. @vel and myself have been tryna tell y’all this for a while and it makes a difference. Sark isn’t a terrible OC. He just isn’t Kyle running kyles system. Who better to run DQ’s system than him?? 

3 hours ago, Precyse said:

I love this dude, alot of people give Rico ****, but he's a one of a kind talent, brain, and person. 

They give him sh*t because he doesn’t have crazy int numbers. But a lot of that is the play caller. Manuel calls a passive game and quinn is aggressive. 

3 hours ago, caponine said:

Hopefully he can make some int's as well .... 

When he wants to take risks he can absolutely snag some INT’s

Bottom line, his last 2 healthy seasons, he was the least thrown at safety in football.  Allowed the fewest yards per attempt both years along with most throws before allowing a catch.  Dude is always where he needs to be.  A classic Belichick style overachiever

TheFatboi, ltstorm2, vel and 2 others like this

20 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He had a pick or 2 before he got hurt last year. And he had pickSSSS  in the playoffs when Quinn took over in 2016. I keep telling y’all its not the players it’s the play callers. Manuel was NOT an aggressive DC. Quinn is. @vel and myself have been tryna tell y’all this for a while and it makes a difference. Sark isn’t a terrible OC. He just isn’t Kyle running kyles system. Who better to run DQ’s system than him?? 

Dude is a baller in the postseason.  Think he has 4 TO’s in 5 games

5 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

See how valuable someone like Rico is. Solid, doesn’t break the bank but puts in work

But you can’t have a team full of Rico’s and expect to win it all. Those guys are your balance. Lunch pale guys like Rico and crawford. You’re gonna have some stars on the team that eventually earn top dollar at their position. Just the nature of the business. And I’ll forever side with players over getting paid. Especially when they’ve reached tops at their position. 

50 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

But you can’t have a team full of Rico’s and expect to win it all. Those guys are your balance. Lunch pale guys like Rico and crawford. You’re gonna have some stars on the team that eventually earn top dollar at their position. Just the nature of the business. And I’ll forever side with players over getting paid. Especially when they’ve reached tops at their position. 

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded part.

If the injuries last season ended with Debo and Neal, IMO Rico holds the D enough they make the playoffs.