Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons In 2012

Vic vs Kaleb

38 posts in this topic

One thing to note is Grady occupying the gap Vic would need for any inside counter.  This happens all the time.  It pretty much limits Vic to win the edge or a stunt around Grady.  But there isn’t room to win on the inside

41 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

One thing to note is Grady occupying the gap Vic would need for any inside counter.  This happens all the time.  It pretty much limits Vic to win the edge or a stunt around Grady.  But there isn’t room to win on the inside

Looks like the design of the play was a Zone blitz with Means(???) dropping out and another LB blitzing. I assume Grady was supposed to try to pull that guard out of the middle. All that being said  McGary seemed to handled Beasley way too easy.. JUst pushed him off his arc

7 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

Looks like the design of the play was a Zone blitz with Means(???) dropping out and another LB blitzing. I assume Grady was supposed to try to pull that guard out of the middle. All that being said  McGary seemed to handled Beasley way too easy.. JUst pushed him off his arc

Welp, looks like it's just about time for one of those Quinn~Beasley prayer sessions because otherwise it looks like another Beasley backslide season is looming.

Posted (edited)

I really thought Vic was a quick twitch guy but he seems to only have straightline speed. In this snap I do see hand usage but he seems to be trying to slap the Ol hands away instead of using the olinemans momentum against him. I remember the great Roddy white showing how to beat the press and the db made a similar lunge forward like an ol trying to run block and Roddy just grabbed the dbs wrists and pulled him down and out of the play. Vic is a talented guy with great gifts but until he is devoted to technique one trick pony is still a valid name for him. Imo his attitude and desire to be great does need work but technique has to be top priority 

Edited by Xero

13 minutes ago, Xero said:

I really thought Vic was a quick twitch guy but he seems to only have straightline speed. In this snap I do see hand usage but he seems to be trying to slap the Ol hands away instead of using the olinemans momentum against him. I remember the great Roddy white showing how to beat the press and the fb made a similar lunge forward like an ol trying to run block and Roddy just grabbed the dbs wrists and pulled him down and out of the play. Vic is a talented guy with great gifts but until he is devoted to technique one trick pony is still a valid name for him. Imo his attitude and desire to be great does need work but technique has to be top priority 

He is quick-twitch.

Very frustrating player to watch at times. But that’s just one play, during practice at that. 

Looks like everyone on defense took an L on that play.  Grady got pushed out just like Beasley and Trufant would have given up a reception had the ball been going Saubert's way.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

Looks like everyone on defense took an L on that play.  Grady got pushed out just like Beasley and Trufant would have given up a reception had the ball been going Saubert's way.

Offense asserted itself early on but D tightened up quite a bit at the end of the session I saw.  The three times I saw Grady he penetrated but ultimately was washed away from the play.  Vic beat Ty twice and likely would have been serious disruptions if not sacks in a real game.

I mentioned this in another thread but Bailey tried to stuff a run play and it was so funny as me and my neighbor both saw him hit the line and saw him get pushed back turned around 180 and run over.  It was so funny.  He came out after that play and I did not see him in game situation again before I left.

Here's some one on ones:  https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/watch-grady-jarrett-chris-lindstrom-among-falcons-best-one-on-one-battles

Edited by Monolith2001

18 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Offense asserted itself early on but D tightened up quite a bit at the end of the session I saw.  The three times I saw Grady he penetrated but ultimately was washed away from the play.  Vic beat Ty twice and likely would have been serious disruptions if not sacks in a real game.

I mentioned this in another thread but Bailey tried to stuff a run play and it was so funny as me and my neighbor both saw him hit the line and saw him get pushed back turned around 180 and run over.  It was so funny.  He came out after that play and I did not see him in game situation again before I left.

Here's some one on ones:  https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/watch-grady-jarrett-chris-lindstrom-among-falcons-best-one-on-one-battles

Who pushed Bailey out??

Tim Mazetti likes this

23 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Who pushed Bailey out??

I could not tell but I think he looked to be double teamed.  The entire D line was stood up but it was odd seeing this massive man being helplessly pushed backwards :D

18 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I could not tell but I think he looked to be double teamed.  The entire D line was stood up but it was odd seeing this massive man being helplessly pushed backwards :D

Haha thanks man. I really wish I could’ve made It down this year. I even missed out on taking my son to the Seahawks camp because of work. 

I’ll be down next year. Overall, is It a pretty streamlined process to get in? Up here they sell out of tickets within minutes of being posted. 

Monolith2001 likes this

1 hour ago, ltstorm2 said:

RDE didn't do jack either.

Yeah some stupid person on Twitter tried to say why Vic didn’t counter inside. Like use your eyes where in that play can Vic move but Outside. 

I don’t know what you guys saw, but a saw a lot of improvement with Beasley with this one snap.

He’s keeping his shoulders horizontal which keeps O-linemen from getting into his chest which helps him set up countermoves (God I hope he learned some). Not only that, his stance is perfect for a speed rusher; he seriously needs to get acclimated to rushing from that stance. Beasley was one of those guys who was definitely infatuated with his prowess in the weight room to the point he thought he could bullrush 320 pound linemen.

This one snap tells me that is no longer the case.

Pretty sure you could hand pick a play of any player and make them look awful. It’s not what I want to see but I’ll hold my judgement until the lights come on.

At worst, Beasley is a nice chess piece vs mobile qbs. We have had a lot of success vs mobile qb’s and Beasley plays a huge part in that.

Xero likes this

8 hours ago, Macintez said:

I don’t know what you guys saw, but a saw a lot of improvement with Beasley with this one snap.

He’s keeping his shoulders horizontal which keeps O-linemen from getting into his chest which helps him set up countermoves (God I hope he learned some). Not only that, his stance is perfect for a speed rusher; he seriously needs to get acclimated to rushing from that stance. Beasley was one of those guys who was definitely infatuated with his prowess in the weight room to the point he thought he could bullrush 320 pound linemen.

This one snap tells me that is no longer the case.

The other day Vic had a really nice spin move. 

Your not going to be able to judge a player until the real games come on. They are practicing methods and different techneaks,, to figure out what would be best... It's called practice for a reason. You know it going to be a wall with our now Iron Curtain. Be glad...