Fellow TATF family, 

Take 2 minutes and check this site through Equifax to see if you’re getting a piece of the pie. It’s super quick and easy. If your SS # is on the breached list, they send you a check for $125. This could very well get you a new jersey or tickets or whatever you want (had to make it TATF somehow) this isn’t a scam. Check my post history. Just want to help out my fellow Falcons fans. They just ask for the last name and last 6 of your social good luck and Rise Up!

https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/

But the likelihood that you’ll actually get a check for $125 is increasingly slim — because the more people who sign up, the less money each person gets. In fact, there’s only room for 248,000 people to get that amount.

If 1 million people ask for the money, they’ll be eligible for just $31 each.

If every single one of the 147 million affected people sign up, they’ll be looking at 21 cents.

See, while Equifax has agreed to a $700 million settlement — compare to its revenue of $880 million last quarter alone — it’s technically only a $425 million settlement as far as affected consumers are concerned, with the rest of the money going to pay penalties.

And of that $425 million, it turns out only a paltry $31 million is actually set aside for those individual $125 cash payments — the rest is all for free credit monitoring, reimbursements, or if you could somehow miraculously prove you actually suffered identity theft as a result of the breach.

—————————————————-

I signed up thanks, but the chances of us getting a free Jersey out of it seem slim to none!

26 minutes ago, Mgaffar said:

But the likelihood that you’ll actually get a check for $125 is increasingly slim — because the more people who sign up, the less money each person gets. In fact, there’s only room for 248,000 people to get that amount.

If every single one of the 147 million affected people sign up, they’ll be looking at 21 cents.

See, while Equifax has agreed to a $700 million settlement — compare to its revenue of $880 million last quarter alone — it’s technically only a $425 million settlement as far as affected consumers are concerned, with the rest of the money going to pay penalties.

And of that $425 million, it turns out only a paltry $31 million is actually set aside for those individual $125 cash payments — the rest is all for free credit monitoring, reimbursements, or if you could somehow miraculously prove you actually suffered identity theft as a result of the breach.

—————————————————-

I signed up thanks, but the chances of us getting a free Jersey out of it seem slim to none!

Welp, that’s a full tank of gas at least

1 hour ago, Mgaffar said:

—————————————————-

Nah, I’m ignoring all that ****. They said $125, so that’s what I’m getting. 

1 hour ago, Mgaffar said:

—————————————————-

110% incorrect. They have an “overflow reserve” I spoke to someone yesterday. The affected will receive $125 and that number can only go up depending on the nature of your claim. 

21 minutes ago, Mgaffar said:

Lmao. Here is the source.... https://apple.news/A5oFN9b_VRZ6bfR2AkghCow

But yes I’m sure your “friend” knows more.

I spoke with an Equifax employee. Not a buddy. I had to file a claim for an account opened in my name. I asked specifically about the payout amount and that’s what he said. But we all know how much their word can be trusted at this point. I don’t know. I hope everyone gets what they’re expecting.