2020 CAP - Update

So it looks like 2019!was one heck of an offseason for TD.  He did quite a bit to improve the roster over the past 3 months.  Adding Bailey was brilliant.  This can honestly be a Super Bowl year for us.

Looking ahead to 2020 is a bit more challenging.  Assuming the CAP increases to 200 million, we are already 5 million over.  That doesn’t include Julio or Bailey’s CAP hit or a draft class.  It’s safe to assume we will be 20 million over the CAP next year.  If we try to keep Crawford, Hooper & Dre that number is 35 million over.

So who are your best guess as to who we cut to clear space?

What it looks like now isnt what it  is going to look like in 2020.

I think players will dictate in which direction we go and who we keep.

The guys on the bubble will have to ball out if they want to stay or get a long term deal.

I think looking at the situation now is just producing paranoia because alot won’t be able to see how the numbers fit.

I’ve never been a big cap guy but I do believe that there will be a plan in place going foward regarding the mentioned.

40 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’ll be tough one to let him walk but I really hope if we do he balls out gets a ring and then some team really over pays for him.

Yeah, he's one of the heartbeats of this team and personally I think he's worth every penny and more but if they are pinching pennies it'll start there probably, especially if Calvin takes another step forward

And under contract Julio hasn’t been paid yet? Ut oh spagettio :tiphat:

tried to tell yall. Can’t even sign the draft picks. What if someone gets hurt and we need an emergency signing. Will we resign Hooper? Neal, will he hold out for a contract? Will Sanu take a pay cut if this ain’t Walmart?

Edited by ButSkiuup

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

So it looks like 2019!was one heck of an offseason for TD.  He did quite a bit to improve the roster over the past 3 months.  Adding Bailey was brilliant.  This can honestly be a Super Bowl year for us.

Looking ahead to 2020 is a bit more challenging.  Assuming the CAP increases to 200 million, we are already 5 million over.  That doesn’t include Julio or Bailey’s CAP hit or a draft class.  It’s safe to assume we will be 20 million over the CAP next year.  If we try to keep Crawford, Hooper & Dre that number is 35 million over.

Freeman if Itto, Ollison and Marcus Green can take over running back, Sanu 

31 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

And under contract Julio hasn’t been paid yet? Ut oh spagettio :tiphat:

tried to tell yall. Can’t even sign the draft picks. What if someone gets hurt and we need an emergency signing. Will we resign Hooper? Neal, will he hold out for a contract? Will Sanu take a pay cut if this ain’t Walmart?

DQ job on the line so he's going all out and I'm glad he is. Matt in his prime.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’ll be tough one to let him walk but I really hope if we do he balls out gets a ring and then some team really over pays for him.

Sanu is an obvious one.  Why else did we draft Ridley if not to replace Sanu.  The one I’d really like to avoid is Mack.  He clears 8 million.  Maybe he is an extension candidate?

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I thought that you figured 2020 would be the Falcons super bowl year looking at your name. :)

39 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

July of 2019 and thinking about the 2020 cap??? 

Something I wouldn’t care about that much eithe? 

CAP is fascinating to me.  Proper CAP management and solid drafting is how you win titles.  

This will be the first time TD has spent way over the CAP a year early.  Should be interesting to see how he handles it

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

CAP is fascinating to me.  Proper CAP management and solid drafting is how you win titles.  

This will be the first time TD has spent way over the CAP a year early.  Should be interesting to see how he handles it

Hoping Sheffield/Miller make Trufant expendable. That's a little over 6m. I'd rather keep Sanu over Freema n. 

Crawford isn't coming back. See: Bailey and Cominsky

Vic is a huge question on returning. We probably have to let Vic walk or cut other guys to bring him back if he has any kind of a decent season before reaching UFA.

Hooper stays. Sanu is not staying at his 2020 cap hit and is likely gone.

If Trufant does not perform consistently ALL year; and has an up/down season like 2018 again, OR we get a huge progression out of Sheffield and Oliver, etc? Could see him as a post-6/1 cut next year at the earliest; unless the flat $5 from cutting him would be enough to warrant $10 in dead money for next year? :ninja:

To me, it's about Vondre and Hoop right now as to if they will both be back or not.

Remember, Ty can be cut if Kaleb earns the starting gig by then; which is the goal of 2018, and gives you at least $3.75M right there. I personally hope we let Gono become the 3rd OT. Love seeing him get reps at LT.

Mack being extended/restructured before 2020 season is a possibility for some "financial flexibility".

Wildcard here is Freeman's health, too. Another down year would mean a cut after this season.

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Hoping Sheffield/Miller make Trufant expendable. That's a little over 6m. I'd rather keep Sanu over Freema n. 

Tru doesn’t clear much until 2 years from now.  I think it’s just 5 mill next year.  

I have a feeling he balls out this year.  We could Offer an extension for CAP relief