Monoxide

Falcons sign LB Stephone Anthony

81 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2019 at 3:07 PM, Iron Saint said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d3b582d4877424859

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, are we?

This pretty much summarizes it in full.

He played MIKE in 2015 so unless if Deion Jones goes down, he’ll be riding the pine pony.

Unless y’all want to try him at SAM? :lol:

He was only expected to come in and contribute. If he was fully expected to come in and lead from Day 1, we would’ve taken him at #15 instead of #31.

He wasn’t expected to be a leader, our defense already has one of those. He wears #94 and his name is Cam Jordan.

Meh, a lot is expected of a 1st round draft pick, and he was a total bust of a pick. Your team’s Duke Riley, but costing a lot more in draft capital. 

But TBH, I wanted us to grab him. Was very surprised he turned out like he has.

I’ll be 100% honest. My tryout for a writing position at an up and coming football site was a breakdown on Anthony.  I’m pretty sure I dubbed him the best LBer in the draft on that write up. While I was unfortunately unable to continue to pursue writing, I hope I can eventually be right. Pls prove me right Stephone. 

Flying Falcon likes this

He is probably a camp body.....but who knows maybe he turns into a Jerry Hughes or Jason Babin type who bounce around and then find the right spot for him and he flourishes.

Probably just a camp body though

Vandy likes this

7 hours ago, Vandy said:

Meh, he was a total bust of a pick. Your team’s Duke Riley, but costing a much higher pick. 

But TBH, I wanted us to grab him. Was very surprised he turned out like he has.

Oh a bust no doubt. He washed out of New Orleans after 2 years. I mean we kinda had to move him to SAM because he can't cover so by moving him to a position where he was asked to cover less (compared to MIKE and WILL), he should've excelled.

Vandy likes this

He is the sort of guy Quinn could rejuvenate. Fast, physical and obviously has a lot of upside that never really materialised. Quinn's scheme will take a lot of the 'thinking' out it for him and he can just play fast.

The Daywalker likes this