Monoxide

Falcons sign LB Stephone Anthony

81 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, EZfalcons said:

I mean he can't be worse than dukey can he?

Well,  Duke wasn’t traded for peanuts or cut...yet

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d3b582d4877424859

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, are we?

5 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

All mental . He plays some what like Duke . Has the athletic ability but lacks instinct. He’s not scared to tackle but putting himself in position to make tackles or any other play is his problem. He just runs around hoping for the best because for whatever reason his football IQ hasn’t grown since High School. It was the same way in college too . Outside of size & athletic ability I didn’t know why NO drafted him over Kendricks or why he was so highly touted . 

This pretty much summarizes it in full.

4 hours ago, thamill said:

According to this, he started to suck once they moved him to SLB.  In 2015 was he a MLB or WLB?

He played MIKE in 2015 so unless if Deion Jones goes down, he’ll be riding the pine pony.

Unless y’all want to try him at SAM? :lol:

4 hours ago, NoMoreVick said:

My guess is when he came in to New Orleans and was asked to be the guy and leader of the defense right off the bat, he just wasn't ready for it and never really adjusted.

He was only expected to come in and contribute. If he was fully expected to come in and lead from Day 1, we would’ve taken him at #15 instead of #31.

He wasn’t expected to be a leader, our defense already has one of those. He wears #94 and his name is Cam Jordan.

Edited by Iron Saint
GeorgiaBoyz likes this

47 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

My man. 

It is good that we're trying to stack depth at LB. I figured one would have been drafted in the area where Cominsky/Sheffield was. Going to be real tough for Cominsky to get playing time over the guys we have now. 

Heck, give the guy a chance. He's just a camp body. We have a excellent LB coach, if he can't help him, he will be out of the league shortly. Sometimes the right coach can fix things , others can't. He may just play special teams.

14 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Really scraping the bottom of the barrow, are we?

He played MIKE in 2015 so unless if Deion Jones goes down, he’ll be riding the pine pony.

He was only expected to come in and contribute. If he was fully expected to come in and lead from Day 1, we would’ve taken him at #15 instead of #31.

He wasn’t expected to be a leader, our defense already has one of those. He wears #94 and his name is Cam Jordan.

What up dawg....you got any info on MT

Also ...hope all is well with ya

Iron Saint likes this

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

What up dawg....you got any info on MT

Also ...hope all is well with ya

Greetings, old chap!

And well, I don’t have any “inside sources” so I’m not going to be one of those claiming I do, but Florio (one of the few reporters that Payton doesn’t absolutely despise) says the two sides have gotten closer on the deal since the beginning of the “holdout” so I think we can expect a deal being announced within the next 2-3 days.

Florio: Saints, Michael Thomas are “close”

Hope all is well with you and yours as well!

:tiphat:

Edited by Iron Saint
RING OF HONOR likes this

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

592ddbaf8f4bb_LineStepper.jpg.fe8a1874ba89050119c9f58d40a0168d.jpg

CHARLIE MURPHY!!!!! FROM THE GRAVE: hey, I don’t know what you used my likeness for, but I don’t like it! 

Thanks . I’m sure they’ll believe you since you’re actually a Saints fan who watched him as much as I did . He sucks . He won at life though . So all is well . Just trying to educate my fellow falcon brethren . 

6 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Kemals "replacement" 

not a bad LB signing if Kemal really is going to see more time at safety

33 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

592ddbaf8f4bb_LineStepper.jpg.fe8a1874ba89050119c9f58d40a0168d.jpg

CHARLIE MURPHY!!!!! FROM THE GRAVE: hey, I don’t know what you used my likeness for, but I don’t like it! 

tenor.gif?itemid=7801456

:lol:

30 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Thanks . I’m sure they’ll believe you since you’re actually a Saints fan who watched him as much as I did . He sucks . He won at life though . So all is well . Just trying to educate my fellow falcon brethren . 

Right on, he has all the God given physical ability in the world but is just severely lacking in the most important place: between the ears.

He’s blazing fast speed wise, but he has a one track mind on the field. When he has to think, he’s toast, regardless of that speed.

Put it this way, despite being the MIKE, he wasn’t wearing the headset to call the plays for our defense.

GeorgiaBoyz and Ezekiel 25:17 like this

21 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7801456

:lol:

Right on, he has all the God given physical ability in the world but is just severely lacking in the most important place: between the ears.

He’s blazing fast speed wise, but he has a one track mind on the field. When he has to think, he’s toast, regardless of that speed.

Put it this way, despite being the MIKE, he wasn’t wearing the headset to call the plays for our defense.

So...basically he is Duke Riley; the OG version. :tiphat:930BEAAC-2C63-4E67-B678-33D02AB69841.jpeg.c7dd4f067cf1bdffae9d600edb86dd1b.jpeg

Iron Saint and Flying Falcon like this

7 hours ago, arrogantBEAST said:

Ish gonna need to lose at least 25 pounds to be productive at S. He put on weight to play LB. 

Ding Ding!

I don't think he sticks on roster at LB either, better depth at bottom of roster this year, regardless of Ish position,

arrogantBEAST likes this

Greetings, old chap!

And well, I don’t have any “inside sources” so I’m not going to be one of those claiming I do, but Florio (one of the few reporters that Payton doesn’t absolutely despise) says the two sides have gotten closer on the deal since the beginning of the “holdout” so I think we can expect a deal being announced within the next 2-3 days.

Florio: Saints, Michael Thomas are “close”

Hope all is well with you and yours as well!

:tiphat:

So when is the Rival Central forum gonna get a rebirth?

We need to get the band back together so we can bring back the good times of hating on each other.

You down?

Iron Saint likes this

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

So...basically he is Duke Riley; the OG version. :tiphat:

Hahah, more or less, yeah. :lol:

5 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

So when is the Rival Central forum gonna get a rebirth?

We need to get the band back together so we can bring back the good times of hating on each other.

You down?

And I can certainly participate when I see the content is poppin’. 

Should I bring an appetizer to the party? :D

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Just now, Iron Saint said:

Hahah, more or less, yeah. :lol:

And I can certainly participate when I see the content is poppin’. 

Should I bring an appetizer to the party? :D

Nothing but a fresh slab of hate with a side of Saints bias.

I'll do the same, but it'll be the Falcons recipe.

Iron Saint likes this

@GeorgiaBoyz explanation of Stephone's skills is spot on. What I will say is that if he is going to flourish then it would be in a defense that tries to eliminate as much thinking as possible.

It's a good get IN THIS DEFENSE because he has the physical tools to win, but that's not to say that he can have zero instincts. That's still going to need work. 

18 hours ago, vel said:

One of the biggest misses in a long time. I thought he was going to be a stud. Nice to get him here with Vic and Grady to see if they can get through to him. 6'3 240lb LB on special teams would be a heat seeking missile. 

I’d hate to say it but I would not be mad at swapping him for Duke. With Quine patented defensive philosophy being based on less complex reads and more reactions I think a big athletic 240 pound bull could have some value. I do however hope it clicks for Duke Riley and he balls going forward 

Posted (edited)

Maybe Quinn can coach him up better than "those other guys." 

Edited by arrogantBEAST