Monoxide

Falcons sign LB Stephone Anthony

81 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

His rookie year was bad . His career has been bad . Have you watched him or did you just read his stats ? What makes you think a 1st round bust .. that got shipped out NO for a 5th, released by Miami, hadn’t started since 2016 could be a real good LB for us in 2019-20? 

What's the problem with taking a shot at hitting the jackpot with a guy? Cut him in camp if it doesn't work. No big deal. Everybody's excited about Hageman coming back, same kind of thing. This guy was great at Clemson and maybe he just got into the wrong situation. I'm sure Grady and Vic had something to do with getting this done.

Flying Falcon likes this

15 minutes ago, thamill said:

According to this, he started to suck once they moved him to SLB.  In 2015 was he a MLB or WLB?

I think MLB, so not good. In 2018 season he played in all 16 games for Dolphins, only had like four tackles. Not an impact player.

Nothing wrong with bringing him in and letting him compete.  Who knows, being back with Grady and Vic may be a spark.  I was a fan when he came out but maybe the DQ system will play better to what he did very well in college.

PokerSteve likes this

As a Clemson fan, I've always been shocked he didn't blow up in the NFL. He was a stud at Clemson. My guess is when he came in to New Orleans and was asked to be the guy and leader of the defense right off the bat, he just wasn't ready for it and never really adjusted. I never thought he was a MLB, but I thought he could succeed at any of the positions due to how much of a freak he is. Seems to have been down hill from that point, even after moving to OLB and moving on to Miami. I think a fresh start like this will be good for him, but it is surprising to see how little production he's had since he came into the league.

Edited by NoMoreVick

Sean Peyton has that Bill Parcells mentality. If you get on the wrong side of him you go to the doghouse and rarely get a second chance. Just speculation but the situation could've gone sour after they switched him to SLB, then he went on IR and they gave up on him. Miami is where players get traded as punishment these days. Used to be Buffalo, now it's Miami.

9 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I think MLB, so not good. In 2018 season he played in all 16 games for Dolphins, only had like four tackles. Not an impact player.

Flying Falcon and PokerSteve like this

43 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Y’all are trying so hard to make this sound like a good signing. The guy isn’t good :tiphat:

I honestly don't see anything but healthy optimism for a guy who at one point was considered blue chip.  He hasn't been good in the NFL (I don't think anyone is saying he has been) but he clearly was valued coming out and made plays at Clemson.  Maybe he washes out but maybe he is able to apply the athleticism here in this scheme as a backup.

If his only problem is insticts, then being in the ATL may be great for him. DQ's system is simple to understand, and puts players in the right position to be successful. That plus Rico at Safety will help him know what to do. Rico is great at letting his team mates know what they should be doing on plays.