Monoxide

Falcons sign LB Stephone Anthony

81 posts in this topic

One of the biggest misses in a long time. I thought he was going to be a stud. Nice to get him here with Vic and Grady to see if they can get through to him. 6'3 240lb LB on special teams would be a heat seeking missile. 

Xero, Vandy, Ergo Proxy and 2 others like this

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Liked him coming out of Clemson, then hated him being drafted by the Saints. Not a bad depth signing. 

Is a depth player suppose to be Good, Bad or Solid ?

How does a sorry player make them a good depth player ? 

2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Liked him coming out of Clemson, then hated him being drafted by the Saints. Not a bad depth signing. 

Literally me too haha. Was a big fan of his coming out of college. Absolutely hated that NO drafted him. I was totally wrong about how his career has been thus far. Here’s to hoping something changes. 

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

Still young. Had an incredible rookie year in 2015 as a Saint with over 100 tackles. Sounds like he could be a real good LB for us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephone_Anthony#Professional_career

His rookie year was bad . His career has been bad . Have you watched him or did you just read his stats ? What makes you think a 1st round bust .. that got shipped out NO for a 5th, released by Miami, hadn’t started since 2016 could be a real good LB for us in 2019-20? 

8 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Can he contribute to special teams? Is he better than Duke?? An affirmative for either of this makes us better. 

7 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Special teams. May not be good for games but can be teams ace. 

PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

His rookie year was bad . His career has been bad . Have you watched him or did you just read his stats ? What makes you think a 1st round bust .. that got shipped out NO for a 5th, released by Miami, hadn’t started since 2016 could be a real good LB for us in 2019-20? 

I was going to say something but I forgot what it was

:yikes:

12 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

He had solid potential. I dont know why you think he's "sorry". 

Still very young and has shown he can play in this league. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Can he contribute to special teams? Is he better than Duke?? An affirmative for either of this makes us better. 

No, I honestly do not think he can be better than Duke.

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Just now, Malachore said:

No, I honestly do not think he can be better than Duke.

Exactly .. a lot of people have no idea about this guy . I’ve followed his whole career . I actually know him . Nice guy . Terrible ball player . Absolute stud in high school though . 

16 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Depends on how far on the depth chart we're talking. He's not going to be second team. Can he be a better special teamer than Duke/Carter/Crawford/Grace? 

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Exactly .. a lot of people have no idea about this guy . I’ve followed his whole career . I actually know him . Nice guy . Terrible ball player . Absolute stud in high school though . 

Can you expand on that? LIke Pro/Cons what does he do wrong? I just want to learn

For anyone asking how a terrible starter could be quality depth/special teams ace, do some minimal research. Ike Reece was a pretty terrible linebacker but was one of the best special teams guys in the league. We all talk about Kroy Biermann’s career here and how he was often underwhelming towards the end of his career, but people seldom mention how impactful he was on special teams.

Not saying Stephone is Ike Reece or Kroy, but I’m willing to give him a couple of months to see what he can do.

Just now, GrimeyKidd said:

Can you expand on that? LIke Pro/Cons what does he do wrong? I just want to learn

All mental . He plays some what like Duke . Has the athletic ability but lacks instinct. He’s not scared to tackle but putting himself in position to make tackles or any other play is his problem. He just runs around hoping for the best because for whatever reason his football IQ hasn’t grown since High School. It was the same way in college too . Outside of size & athletic ability I didn’t know why NO drafted him over Kendricks or why he was so highly touted . 

9 minutes ago, vel said:

Depends on how far on the depth chart we're talking. He's not going to be second team. Can he be a better special teamer than Duke/Carter/Crawford/Grace? 

Makes sense . I’ve seen this a lot the couple of days & it had me wondering what exactly is “good or solid depth” to people ? Well explained . 

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

All mental . He plays some what like Duke . Has the athletic ability but lacks instinct. He’s not scared to tackle but putting himself in position to make tackles or any other play is his problem. He just runs around hoping for the best because for whatever reason his football IQ hasn’t grown since High School. It was the same way in college too . Outside of size & athletic ability I didn’t know why NO drafted him over Kendricks or why he was so highly touted . 

Sounds like pure ST. Which for sure isn't a bad thing cause we all know that area can be improved