The Boys (TV Series)

RHEC

Yeah I'm going to be checking this one out. Got a weird feeling it may even be better than the upcoming Watchmen. 

Also probably check out Carnival Row cause the flintlock/steampunk fantasy seems cool tho it also looks a little chick flicky (which isn't a deal breaker if the story is good and I don't feel like I'm watching CW)

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Yeah I'm going to be checking this one out. Got a weird feeling it may even be better than the upcoming Watchmen. 

Also probably check out Carnival Row cause the flintlock/steampunk fantasy seems cool tho it also looks a little chick flicky (which isn't a deal breaker if the story is good and I don't feel like I'm watching CW)

I like Jane the Virgin.  :ninja:

On 7/27/2019 at 1:27 PM, Nereek said:

The rating is TV mature. It's up to you to decide. Imo I'm surprised it's not rated R. 

R-ratings are reserved for movies. TV-MA is basically the equivalent of that and the most “severe” rating you can give a show. 

Just now, ATLBrave said:

R-ratings are reserved for movies. TV-MA is basically the equivalent of that and the most “severe” rating you can give a show. 

In America at least. Watching this show was basically watching an Rated R movie. 

On 7/26/2019 at 9:26 PM, Nereek said:

Millennials these days don't like violent movies/shows... this show does have a ton of violence.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:33 AM, Doozer said:

Is this show appropriate for a 14yr old?

7 hours ago, thofin21 said:

I would not recommend it to the average 14 year old. Graphic sex and violence. 

Watch the first five minutes. If your gag reflex doesn't send you to another channel, there's a good chance your 14-year old can handle it. But it is VERY grown up, if that's enough of an answer.

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed it. Homelander was legitimately creepy as fuq, one of the better "tv" villains since Ramsey Bolton. Maybe got a little to preachy (reverse preachy?) in that one episode but I give it a 4.5/5

Definitely worth a look

3 hours ago, thofin21 said:

One of the better super hero shows .Creative ,funny and very dark.I liked it as much as The Umbrella academy. 

As entertainment, The Boys, Umbrella Academy and Swamp Thing are close to being the best comic adaptations that I can imagine, including the MCEU. I can't say that they are faithful, since I've never read The Boys or Umbrella Academy but they are all very well done. I heard that The Boys was much worse as a comic than even the show. Garth Ennis is twisted as ****.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:16 PM, Nereek said:

The ending surprised me. Was not expecting that ending. 

Question (with a huge spoiler):

Did Butcher really kill Stillwell's baby when he let go of the deadman switch? It didn't dawn on me until hours after watching the show that the kid was in the room with them.