Jump to content

So now that Capital Punishment is back


kicker
 Share

Recommended Posts

The more I learn and think about it, the more I find the death penalty unjustifiable.

Coming from someone who used to support it. I have seethed in the past about certain individuals deserving worse.

It's honestly unjustifiable though, especially if even one innocent person has been murdered by the state. And that ship sailed a looooong time ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I personally like the guillotine. The French got that one right. Most humane and cost effective method e er invented.

 

After thinking about it, I have to agree.

 

It would also allow multiple executions to be carried out at the same time. Have 5 guillotines set up in one room for execution. Very cost efficient, just need to get janitors who aren't squeamish to the sight of blood and headless bodies.

 

......Or maybe the government could set up execution punishment centers where a group of selected citizens can decide the criminal's fate by guillotine, hanging or stoning(dodgeball style). It's all about interaction nowadays lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I never understood how christian people could be for the death penalty. The bible says 'Thou Shall Not Kill' not 'Thou shall not kill unless you government says it is ok'

"Thou shall not kill" is for the protection of the innocent and keep order in society.  What happens if someone does kill another innocent human?  The Bible is clear in Genesis 9:6,  "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Great American said:

"Thou shall not kill" is for the protection of the innocent and keep order in society.  What happens if someone does kill another innocent human?  The Bible is clear in Genesis 9:6,  "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man."

 

 

The New Covenant took over after Christ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Evil doers need to be kept in check or at least the fear/appearance thereof.

If only there were some way to permanently remove them from society at a lesser cost to taxpayers than capital punishment . . . something like life without parole . . . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Carter said:

The more I learn and think about it, the more I find the death penalty unjustifiable.

Coming from someone who used to support it. I have seethed in the past about certain individuals deserving worse.

It's honestly unjustifiable though, especially if even one innocent person has been murdered by the state. And that ship sailed a looooong time ago.

Week by week I keep hearing about stories of people who spent years, some decades, in prison for crimes they didn't commit. That alone should keep us from having a death penalty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LouDog said:

I never understood how christian people could be for the death penalty. The bible says 'Thou Shall Not Kill' not 'Thou shall not kill unless you government says it is ok'

Depends on the Christian, I suppose.  If you're talking about a simplistic interpretation of the 1611 King James Bible, then sure, all killing is bad.  The original Hebrew translates more accurately to "thou shalt not murder".  That makes more sense considering the same God also commands people to kill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...