Matt Ryan #69 on NFL top 100 players

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just posted on the NFL’s page (I didn’t watch it). He’s somehow dropped 40 spots after putting up the 2nd best season of his career and sporting one of the least efficient offensive lines in football.

Drew Brees went 7-9 for three straight years yet never left the top 15

Just my honest opinion.   I don't think Matt will ever get his rightful respect... even if we win a superbowl.   For some reason ppl have in there mind he is good but just outside elite....

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 0:06 PM, TheFatboi said:

Because OF the #1 wr. He commands so much attention and draws coverage that it opens up the game for everybody else. In other words Matt has a cheat code. He does in a sense but how is that Matt’s fault? Lol. He’s still doing great things. 

Joe Montana had Jerry Rice.

On 7/27/2019 at 1:12 PM, Vandy said:

LOL, you guys tickle me. 

Two of greatest WRers in NFL history (Rice and Owens) had drops as well. 

He never said great receivers dont drop the ball. He said Julio last year was top 5 in that category.

That's a fair assessment.

On 7/26/2019 at 1:56 AM, Dem Birds said:

Exactly. It's quite simply the Atlanta effect. It's real. I know we like to complain about lack of respect but it's one thing for the media to think our team isn't good enough to win, but another to look at what Matt Ryan does on a yearly basis and basically dismiss it. If he played in New York, he'd be a poster boy for the NFL. 

The same can apply when it comes to Trae Young being heavily disrespected in comparison to Luka Doncic, because Doncic played in Dallas while Young played in Atlanta. I guarantee you if the roles were flipped with Young playing in Dallas and Doncic playing in Atlanta then they'd have an even chance of winning rookie of the year. The anti-Atlanta agenda when it comes to pro sports is real. Ronald Acuna Jr would be getting 100 times much more media praise if he played for the Yankees, Phillies, Nationals, or Dodgers. I get it, Atlanta sports has had more collapses on the biggest stage the past 39 years given the talent we've had, but that doesn't mean we should get flat out disrespected. Charlotte, North Carolina as a sports town is in the south, and believe it or not, their sports town (or NFL franchise the Panthers) get more respect than the Atlanta Falcons, it's hard to admit this. You see more commercials with Carolina Panthers players and the media prefers Cam Newton over Matt Ryan. 

On 7/26/2019 at 2:42 PM, athell said:

And if you don't believe me when I say these arbitrary lists are foolish.  Believe this guy...

I've been busy the past couple of weeks not inundated with media, but J.J. Watt here said it all. I'm glad he spoke out about this list. This top 100 NFL list is a complete joke and it's for the ratings and casuals who aren't football experts like us or the players who play on the field.