Monoxide

Matt Ryan #69 on NFL top 100 players

131 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

That’s a toss up IMO.  Donald isn’t a great run defender.  Julio has no part of his game that isn’t elite

Julio has drop issues and low TD totals given the amount of targets and catches he has. He is not perfect.

ButSkiuup likes this

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 0:06 PM, TheFatboi said:

Because OF the #1 wr. He commands so much attention and draws coverage that it opens up the game for everybody else. In other words Matt has a cheat code. He does in a sense but how is that Matt’s fault? Lol. He’s still doing great things. 

Joe Montana had Jerry Rice.

Schwarzwald likes this

41 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Didn’t Manning make it after missing the entire year?

Yes he was and that's another example of how this list is just a popularity contest and not ranking the top 100.

Schwarzwald likes this

16 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Jared Goff at #32 and Matty Ice at #69

That's clown funny Bros :lol:

Led his team to the super bowl last year :ninja:

On 7/27/2019 at 1:12 PM, Vandy said:

LOL, you guys tickle me. 

Two of greatest WRers in NFL history (Rice and Owens) had drops as well. 

He never said great receivers dont drop the ball. He said Julio last year was top 5 in that category.

That's a fair assessment.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He's no Matty Ice. If i was the Rams QB in that game they win it.

Even then, it was the Rams D that got them past the Aints, and held the Pats to nothing nothing score until like the 4th quarter.

3 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Even then, it was the Rams D that got them past the Aints, and held the Pats to nothing nothing score until like the 4th quarter.

This is true 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:28 PM, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Until Matt Ryan wins the big one I guess it's going to be held against him.

yep

46 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

You know the drill. QB gets all the glory 

The year they had Manning on the near top of  100 with out playing a snap in 2011 made this crap redundant. Roddy said it best, I never voted in this and don’t know any one who voted from Falcons. 

On 7/26/2019 at 1:56 AM, Dem Birds said:

Exactly. It's quite simply the Atlanta effect. It's real. I know we like to complain about lack of respect but it's one thing for the media to think our team isn't good enough to win, but another to look at what Matt Ryan does on a yearly basis and basically dismiss it. If he played in New York, he'd be a poster boy for the NFL. 

The same can apply when it comes to Trae Young being heavily disrespected in comparison to Luka Doncic, because Doncic played in Dallas while Young played in Atlanta. I guarantee you if the roles were flipped with Young playing in Dallas and Doncic playing in Atlanta then they'd have an even chance of winning rookie of the year. The anti-Atlanta agenda when it comes to pro sports is real. Ronald Acuna Jr would be getting 100 times much more media praise if he played for the Yankees, Phillies, Nationals, or Dodgers. I get it, Atlanta sports has had more collapses on the biggest stage the past 39 years given the talent we've had, but that doesn't mean we should get flat out disrespected. Charlotte, North Carolina as a sports town is in the south, and believe it or not, their sports town (or NFL franchise the Panthers) get more respect than the Atlanta Falcons, it's hard to admit this. You see more commercials with Carolina Panthers players and the media prefers Cam Newton over Matt Ryan. 

Dem Birds likes this

On 7/26/2019 at 2:42 PM, athell said:

And if you don't believe me when I say these arbitrary lists are foolish.  Believe this guy...

I've been busy the past couple of weeks not inundated with media, but J.J. Watt here said it all. I'm glad he spoke out about this list. This top 100 NFL list is a complete joke and it's for the ratings and casuals who aren't football experts like us or the players who play on the field. 

athell likes this

5 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Goff: 64.9%, 4688 yards, 32/12 TD/INT

is 37 places better than

Ryan: 69.4%, 4924 yards, 35/7 TD/INT

Who booked this ****?

What was Goff's QB rating in his Superbowl LOSS?

5 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Led his team to the super bowl last year :ninja:

And lost. And the Rams' offense scored how many points in that Superbowl? Goff certainly was not going to lead them to a Superbowl win that day. He was awful.

27 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

What was Goff's QB rating in his Superbowl LOSS?

I will answer this. It was 16.4.