Monoxide

Matt Ryan #69 on NFL top 100 players

131 posts in this topic

This is dumb but not as dumb as when they had Peyton on the list the year he was out.  They said the team doing bad showed how important he was.  HE DIDN'T PLAY, IDIOTS!  These lists are a joke.

PokerSteve and Schwarzwald like this

According to this article, Ryan not only has been the QB most responsible for his own success in the past 3 years but also is the only QB arguably the best player in the league when this sort of system doesn’t usually have QBs high:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/atlanta-falcons-matt-ryan-elite-qb/

42 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You guys need to get over this lack of respect thing for Matt and team. Players/team gain the kind of respect you guys crave when you win a ring, or in matt’s case after you retire. Not before.

Yeah...for real

I could care less what the talking heads think

At the end of the day...they got to play the game...not me

athell and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

According to this article, Ryan not only has been the QB most responsible for his own success in the past 3 years but also is arguable the only QB arguably the best player in the league when this sort of system doesn’t usually have QBs high:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/atlanta-falcons-matt-ryan-elite-qb/

All in all the top 100 shouldn't be taken seriously. I doubt Matt even cares. Real fans know he's legit.

Schwarzwald likes this

11 hours ago, falcons007 said:

It has nothing to do with SB. Ryan will probably rank 30 even after winning a SB.

Naah, a ring makes all the difference. If the falcons had won that game, he's top 20 in this list.

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Had he connected with Julio for those 7-8 should have been touchdowns, he'd be much higher, guaranteed :ninja:

I know that's a joke, well, pretty sure it's a joke, I think it's probably a joke, well anyway. Think that if the Oline comes together, that can happen this year.. 

Don't care about rankings anymore, they're just fodder for the 24/7/365 news cycle. I know how good a QB Ryan is, don't need confirmation from talking heads.

I completely agree, don’t get me wrong when I say him at 69 I was like wow, but ultimately we all know what we have in a QB, almost every team wishes they had a QB like Matt.  He’s done it for years, first started off with many come from behind wins, then got an MVP, which Brees hasn’t even done yet.  He’s been a top QB for years now.  This year he gets his Super Bowl Championship and maybe even his Suoerbowl MVP sward.  So who cares that a show rates him a 69.  He’s a 1&2 with him and Julio in my book.  Love this team 

24 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Naah, a ring makes all the difference. If the falcons had won that game, he's top 20 in this list.

I know that's a joke, well, pretty sure it's a joke, I think it's probably a joke, well anyway. Think that if the Oline comes together, that can happen this year.. 

Don't care about rankings anymore, they're just fodder for the 24/7/365 news cycle. I know how good a QB Ryan is, don't need confirmation from talking heads.

Of course it was a joke. That's why I put the emoji at the end.

Rankings have NEVER meant anything to anyone except fans who care far too much about them. Players speak out on them but it doesn't add any extra chip on their shoulders

falconidae likes this

1 hour ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

You mean he’s averaged 25+ TD’s/season that last 3 seasons to players who are not his #1 WR?  Terrible...

Because OF the #1 wr. He commands so much attention and draws coverage that it opens up the game for everybody else. In other words Matt has a cheat code. He does in a sense but how is that Matt’s fault? Lol. He’s still doing great things. 

3 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

You’re right. Unfortunately the world isn’t fair when it comes to recognition, but real ones don’t care about being in the spotlight. Just sad to see the blatant disrespect. 

Facts!

13 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Told my dad that this kinda stuff let's me know that no matter what Matt does, something will always be held against him. 

Yup, even winning a championship won't do it. Everyone will say it's because of Julio. Matt is condemned no matter what to be disregarded.

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Because OF the #1 wr. He commands so much attention and draws coverage that it opens up the game for everybody else. In other words Matt has a cheat code. He does in a sense but how is that Matt’s fault? Lol. He’s still doing great things. 

Eh, he's not the only one playing with an amazing #1 receiver. Deshaun Watson has Hop,  Ben Roethlisberger had AB AND Ju Ju last year... both will probably be ranked ahead of Ryan even though Ryan's season last year blows them both out of the water. 

Bigbenright likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He is basically Uncle Rico 

Mods need to pin this cos everybody needs to get at least one more laugh out of this vid. :D

Schwarzwald likes this

12 hours ago, Nereek said:

NFL top 100 is a big joke.

players and media just don't like Matt Ryan because he has a boring personality and isn't outspoken in the media.  Even in the little 3 minute video by NFLN to list Matt Ryan as #69 there is disrespect - starts off w/ Cameron Jordan basically thanking Matt Ryan for his sacks - then another guy in the video praises Julio in a way that feels like a small slight at Matt - and this is the PRAISE video for Matty Ice - LOL.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

29 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Eh, he's not the only one playing with an amazing #1 receiver. Deshaun Watson has Hop,  Ben Roethlisberger had AB AND Ju Ju last year... both will probably be ranked ahead of Ryan even though Ryan's season last year blows them both out of the water. 

None of those we’s Command the attention Julio does. Maybe AB but it ain’t many. Those other guys aren’t cheat codes like Julio. 

38 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Right, while the rankings/media opinion don't really bother me any, I just think it's funny when ppl use the weapons argument. Every team QB has weapons. All of them.

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

None of those we’s Command the attention Julio does. Maybe AB but it ain’t many. Those other guys aren’t cheat codes like Julio. 

Do you watch those teams? Both Hop and AB get double or triple coupled routinely. Julio isn't the only player that routinely draws double coverage. 

Bigbenright likes this

44 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

players and media just don't like Matt Ryan because he has a boring personality and isn't outspoken in the media.  Even in the little 3 minute video by NFLN to list Matt Ryan as #69 there is disrespect - starts off w/ Cameron Jordan basically thanking Matt Ryan for his sacks - then another guy in the video praises Julio in a way that feels like a small slight at Matt - and this is the PRAISE video for Matty Ice - LOL.

It would 

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Drew Brees went 7-9 for three straight years yet never left the top 15

Because in the eyes of the media and everyone who watches the media, Drew Brees can do no wrong just like Rodgers even if the team around them sucks. But Ryan is supposedly the only reason we win and fail (he sometimes doesn't even get the credit when we DO win)<_<

Edited by Norwood all the way!
Bigbenright likes this

2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yup, even winning a championship won't do it. Everyone will say it's because of Julio. Matt is condemned no matter what to be disregarded.

QBs are respected for 3 primary reasons (1) SB wins (especially early in your career), (2) extending plays, and/or (3) being a gunslinger.  If you're not one of those, you're just not going to get any love from the media, players or fans.  

Rivers is pretty much the only exception.

Ryan is none of those so until he gets a SB win, he will always struggle to even be considered the clear #2 or #3 QB in his own division.  

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Players respect Matt.  Cam Jordan is just trolling.  Who cares what the media thinks?

Richard Sherman specifically says he is one of the most underappreciated guys.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Players respect Matt.  Cam Jordan is just trolling.  Who cares what the media thinks?

If the players respected Matt, they wouldn't have voted him as only the 69th best player in the league.