Monoxide

Matt Ryan #69 on NFL top 100 players

131 posts in this topic

Just my honest opinion.   I don't think Matt will ever get his rightful respect... even if we win a superbowl.

For some reason ppl have in there mind he is good but just outside elite.... Philip Rivers can miss the playoffs 3 years in a row.   He makes the playoffs in his 4th year and ppl will rank him top 5 QBs and in the top 20 in the NFL .

Breed can be 7-9 30 years and still be top 15...  

I don't get it but it is what it is... Just win u a chip and get in the HOF bruh.

2 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

If he ever wins a super bowl, he will never have to prove himself again.  He gets a bad rap because he hasn't put his foot down to win the biggest games of his career.

I just can't buy that when guys like Rivers and Luck get put ahead of him on lists like this. They've both done far less in this league from a winning stand point. 

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

Just my honest opinion.   I don't think Matt will ever get his rightful respect... even if we win a superbowl.

For some reason ppl have in there mind he is good but just outside elite.... Philip Rivers can miss the playoffs 3 years in a row.   He makes the playoffs in his 4th year and ppl will rank him top 5 QBs and in the top 20 in the NFL .

Breed can be 7-9 30 years and still be top 15...  

I don't get it but it is what it is... Just win u a chip and get in the HOF bruh.

Exactly. It's quite simply the Atlanta effect. It's real. I know we like to complain about lack of respect but it's one thing for the media to think our team isn't good enough to win, but another to look at what Matt Ryan does on a yearly basis and basically dismiss it. If he played in New York, he'd be a poster boy for the NFL. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I think they’re taking points away from Matt because he has Julio. Even in the 69 spot they talked just as much about Julio as they did Matt. That was weak. 

Had he connected with Julio for those 7-8 should have been touchdowns, he'd be much higher, guaranteed :ninja:

8 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

If he ever wins a super bowl, he will never have to prove himself again.  He gets a bad rap because he hasn't put his foot down to win the biggest games of his career.

Um...neither have the players in front of him.

And he did have the greatest QB performance in a Super Bowl of all time, so that argument is bunk.

Matt has always been viewed as a system QB and his worth is deemed to be a product of the pieces around him. So with our offense the respect goes to Julio and I'm sure he'll be top 15 or so... every year. If we have a winning season then others on the offense will rise as well. But around the league our offense is Julio Jones. 

8 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

No need. Just keep killin em silently. Let his play talk. He just has to win the big game. This should fire him up tho. 

You’re right. Unfortunately the world isn’t fair when it comes to recognition, but real ones don’t care about being in the spotlight. Just sad to see the blatant disrespect. 

TheFatboi likes this

What an effing joke. Before this started I was guessing in the 20 to 30 range. Just look at Amari Cooper being #64...:lol::flush:

I'm sure Ice doesn't give a she-it, but still.

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, athell said:

Is this where I get irl mad over some made up arbitrary list that means nothing in actuality?

Yes this is the mad over opinions place :tiphat:

Edited by ButSkiuup

10 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

No need. Just keep killin em silently. Let his play talk. He just has to win the big game. This should fire him up tho. 

This all day long. I don't think he cares where he is listed on the Top 100. I think he and Julio are going to be straight out making people cry this year

5 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I think they’re taking points away from Matt because he has Julio. Even in the 69 spot they talked just as much about Julio as they did Matt. That was weak. 

You mean he’s averaged 25+ TD’s/season that last 3 seasons to players who are not his #1 WR?  Terrible...

TheFatboi and Schwarzwald like this