Could we be forcing the issue with MT holdout?

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

These ‘trade Julio’ navel-gazers have always tickled me, my man. 

Trade our best player and set franchise back years. Brilliant strategy.

Fools. That's all it is. 

Especially the "No team is winning the SB with a $20MM WR" thought. No team has won the SB with a $20MM QB neither. I guess let's just move on from Matt and Julio and rebuild. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly who cares, MT is overrated 

There’s no reason to. They probably aren’t even thinking about anything the saints have going on. 

Honestly don’t think the organization would do anything like that 

Just now, vel said:

Fools. That's all it is. 

Especially the "No team is winning the SB with a $20MM WR" thought. No team has won the SB with a $20MM QB neither. I guess let's just move on from Matt and Julio and rebuild. 

Most teams win the SB with their QB on a rookie contract or prove it deal. Brady is the only exception :wiggle: he’s the only one to win with a contract of 20+ 

Wilson

Wentz/Foles

Brees

Rodgers

Flacco

were all on cheap deals when they won. Look at last year’s playoffs team. Wouldn’t be the worst move. Belicheck would have done it :wiggle:

Just now, ButSkiuup said:

Most teams win the SB with their QB on a rookie contract or prove it deal. Brady is the only exception :wiggle: he’s the only one to win with a contract of 20+ 

Wilson

Wentz/Foles

Brees

Rodgers

Flacco

were all on cheap deals when they won. Look at last year’s playoffs team. Wouldn’t be the worst move. Belicheck would have done it :wiggle:

Lol yea ok. So I guess it was Matt's contract that made us lose the SB right? 

Try harder. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

Lol yea ok. So I guess it was Matt's contract that made us lose the SB right? 

Try harder. 

Well it didn’t make us win :wiggle:

but when they are on a rookie deal vs making 30 mill+ you can easily add talent. 

Browns Cowboys Bears Chiefs Ravens all have better chances than us right now. Talented QB for pennies. Can trade for and pick up elite talent in FA. Sounds sexy to me :wiggle:

1 minute ago, ButSkiuup said:

Well it didn’t make us win :wiggle:

but when they are on a rookie deal vs making 30 mill+ you can easily add talent. 

Browns Cowboys Bears Chiefs Ravens all have better chances than us right now. Talented QB for pennies. Can trade for and pick up elite talent in FA. Sounds sexy to me :wiggle:

I get the argument you're trying to make. We don't lack for talent. Of that group, the Chiefs are the only team I'd agree with. Browns are just an exciting 7-9 team. Cowboys lol. Bears are a QB away...still. Ravens have no clue what they're doing on offense. 

You don't trade away an MVP QB because he's taking up cap space. The Saints didn't lose to the Rams because of Brees contract. They didn't lose to the Vikings because of Brees contract. They should have been in the NFCCG and SB the last two years respectively. They choked, but not for lack of talent. 

We trade Ryan and Julio and end up with a bust at QB and WR and then what? More picks doesn't equal more talent. It just equals the opportunity to land it. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

I get the argument you're trying to make. We don't lack for talent. Of that group, the Chiefs are the only team I'd agree with. Browns are just an exciting 7-9 team. Cowboys lol. Bears are a QB away...still. Ravens have no clue what they're doing on offense. 

You don't trade away an MVP QB because he's taking up cap space. The Saints didn't lose to the Rams because of Brees contract. They didn't lose to the Vikings because of Brees contract. They should have been in the NFCCG and SB the last two years respectively. They choked, but not for lack of talent. 

We trade Ryan and Julio and end up with a bust at QB and WR and then what? More picks doesn't equal more talent. It just equals the opportunity to land it. 

Hey man all I am saying is if you can get Pro Bowl talent on a rookie contract, you have better odds to stack the deck. It’s part of the reason we went to the SB in the first place. But once the bill comes due you can’t be afraid to pull the trigger on them like the pats do. You want 6 SBs or none because once Julio and Ryan retire you will still be a falcons fan wishing we had one :wiggle:

15 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Wilson

Wentz/Foles

Brees

Rodgers

Flacco

Only 7-months left to prove how silly...... actually it only takes 7-seconds.

Just now, ButSkiuup said:

Hey man all I am saying is if you can get Pro Bowl talent on a rookie contract, you have better odds to stack the deck. It’s part of the reason we went to the SB in the first place. But once the bill comes due you can’t be afraid to pull the trigger on them like the pats do. You want 6 SBs or none because once Julio and Ryan retire you will still be a falcons fan wishing we had one :wiggle:

The Pats haven't traded Brady. They are nothing without Brady. They know that. Even at his age. Even still, Brady's cap hits last year and this year are higher than Ryan's. Same with Brees. So again, it hasn't hamstrung the team. And all three of those QBs are in positions to lead their team to a SB. 

13 minutes ago, vel said:

The Pats haven't traded Brady. They are nothing without Brady. They know that. Even at his age. Even still, Brady's cap hits last year and this year are higher than Ryan's. Same with Brees. So again, it hasn't hamstrung the team. And all three of those QBs are in positions to lead their team to a SB. 

That was before Ryan restructured. It will get real grim when it’s 35+ plus paying everyone else on defense now

3 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

That was before Ryan restructured. It will get real grim when it’s 35+ plus paying everyone else on defense now

It will definitely get tough early on, but we said the same when Matt signed his first big deal. They have to keep drafting well. Can't have anymore 2012-2013 type drafts. That's what tanked the team, not the contracts. Like you said, if they keep finding cheap talent, they can weather it while the cap increases. 

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So you think they are messing with Julio's money in an attempt to keep MT out of camp for a week?

And you think Julio would be ok with that??

He's not losing money. If it's agreed to in principle but they are just waiting for other market deals, it's no different. Especially if they know Thomas is coming up soon, why not wait if you're Julio? 

Just now, vel said:

He's not losing money. If it's agreed to in principle but they are just waiting for other market deals, it's no different. Especially if they know Thomas is coming up soon, why not wait if you're Julio? 

Does "in principle" mean "name signed on check"?

Because if not I can think of quite a pretty big reason. 

Just now, Malachore said:

Does "in principle" mean "name signed on check"?

Because if not I can think of quite a pretty big reason. 

In principle means "Arthur Blank said pay that man". 

If they said, we'll make you the highest paid now or we can wait to see what Thomas gets and pay that plus some. Debo could have waited for Wagner but he didn't. Maybe Julio and his team want to wait. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

In principle means "Arthur Blank said pay that man". 

If they said, we'll make you the highest paid now or we can wait to see what Thomas gets and pay that plus some. Debo could have waited for Wagner but he didn't. Maybe Julio and his team want to wait. 

AB ain't paying him if he rips his knee up beforehand. That's why he ain't waiting, I just can't see anyone doing that.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:39 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Honestly don’t think the organization would do anything like that 

If we’re being 100% dead serious then yeah I understand where you’re coming from. But, goodness would that be hilarious and brilliant if it were even slightly true? Julio hasn’t signed the deal but the man is out there living his best life not worried about a thang like Stevie Wonder. MT is in his home playing thumb war with his agent until Julio signs his deal so he can gage his worth... 

That, is funny my friend.

Edited by Macintez