ATLSlobberKnockers

Could we be forcing the issue with MT holdout?

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Could Julio's deal be agreed to verbally but shelved to keep MT out as long as possible?

MT has said he wants to be the highest paid we in the league, so it would stand to reason he is more than eager to see if Julio breaks the 20 per barrier. If his goal is to be the highest paid he has to be afraid that Julio will get more if he (MT) signs first. Could our f.o. be using this info to keep MT out of.camp?

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Honestly don’t think the organization would do anything like that 

If we were.talking about anyone else but the.Saints I would agree. Why wouldn't you us any leverage you have?

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If we were.talking about anyone else but the.Saints I would agree. Why wouldn't you us any leverage you have?

There’s no reason to. They probably aren’t even thinking about anything the saints have going on. 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

There’s no reason to. They probably aren’t even thinking about anything the saints have going on. 

By far our biggest threat so I'm sure they are paying attention. I hope so anyway. You think the Patriots aren't thinking about what their competition is.doing? 

I doubt the coaching staff cares but the f.o. Definitely does.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

I know there’s a weird obsession with division rivals but no

Seems like Julios deal.should have fell in place by now.

100% guarantee MT agent wants to see what Julio gets

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

By far our biggest threat so I'm sure they are paying attention. I hope so anyway. You think the Patriots aren't thinking about what their competition is.doing? 

I doubt the coaching staff cares but the f.o. Definitely does.

Yet another Patriots reference. I swear they own this board. But I honestly don’t think the falcons organization has this going through their heads at all. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Yet another Patriots reference. I swear they own this board. But I honestly don’t think the falcons organization has this going through their heads at all. 

I'm specifically referring to.spygate but of course the Patriots are going to be talked about. Their f.o. Is the gold standard and should be emulated.

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'm specifically referring to.spygate but of course the Patriots are going to be talked about. Their f.o. Is the gold standard and should be emulated.

Alrighty then. 

7 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Do you not pay attention? It was reported that Julio can’t sign his new deal until a year has passed since his last contract adjustment, which would be tomorrow. 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

No,

Julio can't sign a new deal till July 27th when his one year is up on his old deal.

Was it the 27th? Thought I saw that his deal was expected to be announced tomorrow?

yeah all the links I’m finding say it can’t be announced until tomorrow:

https://clutchpoints.com/falcons-rumors-atlanta-julio-jones-may-already-have-a-new-deal-in-place/

Edited by shock
Embrace the suck likes this

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

No,

Julio can't sign a new deal till July 27th when his one year is up on his old deal.

Yeah I forgot about that.

1 minute ago, shock said:

Do you not pay attention? It was reported that Julio can’t sign his new deal until a year has passed since his last contract adjustment, which would be tomorrow. 

I.don't watch mainstream news,, sport of otherwise but I do recall someone saying that now.

However, I think MT is waiting until Julio signs before he does regardless.

1 minute ago, shock said:

I.don't watch mainstream news,, sport of otherwise but I do recall someone saying that now.

7 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

No,

Inadvertently then we are causing MTs holdout. No way does he.sign before seeing what Julio gets since his goal is to be the highest paid wr.

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If he’s smart he’s waiting. Then use Julio’s deal as a baseline. Whatever screws over the Saints and their cap is good with me! 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Julio can’t sign until a full year after his last extension. Puts him at sat. Saints and MT have been negotiating all offseason. They started at 18 for saints and 22 for Thomas and are not at 19 and 20

Edited by ButSkiuup
Lowndesfalc likes this

1 minute ago, ButSkiuup said:

Julio can’t sign until a full year after his last extension. Puts him at sat. Saints and MT have been negotiating all offseason 

I don't think they reach an agreement until MT sees what Julio gets. 

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Emulating the best gets you nowhere except 2nd place.