Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spts1

AT&T and NFL battling it out over NFL Network and Sunday Ticket

17 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

SEC Network said they will not be available starting tomorrow for ATT and Direct tv subcribers... ( this includes the other disney owned channels)....

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-warns-fans-that-directv-and-att-customers-may-not-be-able-to-watch-any-sec-games-this-weekend/amp/

I don't give a **** about SEC sports, but that's going to cause a lot of angry customers. DirecTV is hanging on by a string at this point...this is not what they need right now.

31 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

I don't give a **** about SEC sports, but that's going to cause a lot of angry customers. DirecTV is hanging on by a string at this point...this is not what they need right now.

It effects ATT Uverse too.  Every platform that ATT owns is being effected.  

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

They just announced on the Fox pregame that Dish and Sling dropped Fox and some other channels...

I’m a Sling subscriber and it mostly affects Braves fans. Sling does have NFL Network and has Red Zone for no extra $ which is pretty cool. 

On 7/25/2019 at 3:14 PM, slickgadawg said:

****.  they dropped CBS AND NBC?   their greedy butts ain't hurting so I don't know why they dropping everybody...

What seems to be happening is broadcast tv.  Which is on public spectrum and suppose to be free is charging more and more to cable and satellite providers and we still have to watch all the commercial content plus pay more to do it.  Cable and internet prices are out of control.  More than utilities combined now.

2 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

What seems to be happening is broadcast tv.  Which is on public spectrum and suppose to be free is charging more and more to cable and satellite providers and we still have to watch all the commercial content plus pay more to do it.  Cable and internet prices are out of control.  More than utilities combined now.

That makes sense...

Youtube TV is the latest in this garbage.  Customers received emails stating that they couldn't reach a agreement with Sinclair Broadcasting over the cost of the regional sports networks.  Thats means no Hawks, Braves, Atlanta United for youtube tv subscribers  ( Youtube TV is the biggest and best of the streaming tv package providers).   The timing right before baseball season is pie for the course.  Its why I'm soo hard on these sports business.  They overcharge for this crap....

On 7/25/2019 at 9:19 PM, TheDirtyWordII said:

I actually think the reason the NFL wants to wrap up this CBA now is because there is such a boatload of money out there for the taking...not just from above, but include Google (YouTube), Apple (Apple TV), Facebook.  But they need labor peace now to get the highest value.  And with Sunday Ticket contract expiring at the end of this year...IMO, that is the driving force behind that desire.  

Consider that 2 years ago, Demaurice Smith was guaranteeing a work stoppage and now they are negotiating two years prior to the end of this CBA?  Yep...the revenue model of the NFL is about to explode.

Some guys skate to where the puck is going to be...

All I know is NFL Sunday ticket needs to be offered by someone other than AT&T (Directv).  Service from AT&T is terrible and after years of having NFL Sunday Ticket I cancelled my DTV service last year.  

My problem with Sunday Ticket is that it’s single stream. I have to log out of my Roku to use it 9n my iPad. It’s ridiculous. I should be able to watch games on two different TVs and a tablet if I want.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:42 PM, Flying Falcon said:

Cut The Cord!!!! I did over 2-3 years ago!!! I stream EVERYTHING!!!!

How do you stream games? I cut the cord last year, and streamed via reddit for the first half of the season. Second half of the season, it seemed reddit didn't have the games anymore, and I would be sent somewhere else.  It was always a pain in the butt to find a good stream.

17 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

How do you stream games? I cut the cord last year, and streamed via reddit for the first half of the season. Second half of the season, it seemed reddit didn't have the games anymore, and I would be sent somewhere else.  It was always a pain in the butt to find a good stream.

A lot of the streaming want money and your first born while collecting your personal data and infecting your computer. I just breakdown and pay the NFL ticket and you can watch every game, plus redzone and other ticket features.

I remember when satellite was free, just pick up any game you wanted. The directv got the rights and that stopped free satellite roaming. The price was only $69 now it's over $300. You could always go to a sports bar. 

30 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

A lot of the streaming want money and your first born while collecting your personal data and infecting your computer. I just breakdown and pay the NFL ticket and you can watch every game, plus redzone and other ticket features.

I remember when satellite was free, just pick up any game you wanted. The directv got the rights and that stopped free satellite roaming. The price was only $69 now it's over $300. You could always go to a sports bar. 

I do go to sports bars a lot, but I honestly prefer to watch them at home. I will figure something out.  I used to do DirectTV, but I got tired of paying so much money for channels I didn't watch. 

On 7/25/2019 at 6:37 PM, VTCrunkler said:

im not absolutely satisfied with directv now...but its much much better than Playstation Vue...

I actually liked Vue.  I had a great hack to allow me to watch the Falcons and Braves in Arizona with out paying for sunday ticket/mlb t.v.

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Its IMPOSSIBLE to cut the cord without going FULL tv ANTENNA.  Ninety nine percent of people who say they have cut the cord haven't cut anything because they STILL have to go to the cable company for broadband internet.  The cable companies are just waiting on the right moment to drastically INCREASE their broadband rates in order to make up for people dropping the traditional cable packages.  You can't outmaneuver these folks...

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I do go to sports bars a lot, but I honestly prefer to watch them at home. I will figure something out.  I used to do DirectTV, but I got tired of paying so much money for channels I didn't watch. 

I tell it's nothing like going to a sports bar full of all types of fans watching all the games at the same time! We use to hang out at a spot that was good for that. 

37 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I actually liked Vue.  I had a great hack to allow me to watch the Falcons and Braves in Arizona with out paying for sunday ticket/mlb t.v.

Sounds like a heckuva hack. An ultimate cheat code if you will. I always went the firstrow.eu route  and that was Always with the worry of someone hacking me

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Again... call directv and ask for retention services. Threaten to leave directv because other ppl are getting nfl Sunday ticket for free and me as a loyal customer isn’t getting it. They will explain why and blah blah. And you just keep telling them “what can you do for me or I’m gonna leave and go to some other company” and they will cut you deals or give it to you for free. Just gotta fake being a jerk and get what you want. Been doing this 6 years running now. My directv bill is under $50 a month with HBO and nfl Sunday ticket and it’s the package above basic. 

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Sounds like a heckuva hack. An ultimate cheat code if you will. I always went the firstrow.eu route  and that was Always with the worry of someone hacking me

Honestly it was as simple as changing my zip code to an Atlanta zipcode. 

Once I did that then it was as if I was in Atlanta.

Fortunately this was during the 16 and 17 seasons so no black outs.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Genius hack!  Did you stumble on it or were you directed ?  Worst thing is the blackout when you’re trying to watch. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I know you can use the 31535 zip and get all Atlanta games too.. Just if anyone needs a alt zip 

6 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Genius hack!  Did you stumble on it or were you directed ?  Worst thing is the blackout when you’re trying to watch. 

It just came to me because I had to update my zip code  with something else.

It was brilliant for a couple years  :)