AT&T and NFL battling it out over NFL Network and Sunday Ticket

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Att does have too much going on. They are gonna sell Directv.  As far as dumping on cable companies in general, you CAN'T cut the cord because as you pointed out you still need them for internet.  :lol:  They know this.  If they ever get to a point where most of their subcribers are using streaming TV they will just increase the price of internet.  Eventually im predicting that internet pricing itself will be very expensive. You can't run from this...

I cut the cord in 2009. The sports or shows I watch are mostly on Fox, CBS and NBC which don’t need an internet. I did buy a powerful antenna which gets me all these channels for free OTA. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what? the 50 Mexican channels ain't holding you over? 

But have you seen the women in those Mexican Telanovelas? 

I like Football not Futbol

2 hours ago, Mr.Blank said:

I call Retention every so often to lower my bill. I think I've been with them 4 years now. I should try and get Sunday Ticket for free. Though the first year when I had it I didn't really watch it that much. Seemed like the best games to watch were still on the regular networks. 

So that's how you sell those hot dogs so cheap 

On 7/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, EZfalcons said:

Good thing I ditched DirecTV and am now a slinger! I get redzone and nfl network and I am paying to stream Sunday ticket without having DirecTV. Plus locally directv/at&t stopped showing CBS and NBC! I was like oh **** naw

If you don't mind, what are you paying to stream the Sunday ticket? I have it through direct TV but if I can cut them out I'd love to. 

I was with DTV for 15 years and it was a good company to do business with until ATT bought it. I was gone within 6 months of the buyout and have been streaming Sling and Amazon Prime since then, plus an exterior antenna which picks up about 20 channels. Been using Reddit streams for games. 10 second delay doesn't bother me. Since this is DTV's last year of the Sunday Ticket deal I would figure the NFL will probably use multiple outlets for streaming like Amazon(already streaming Thursday night games), You Tube, Hulu, Sling and on and on. They could possibly stream it on Game Pass since it already has that capability and all the Networks have streaming capability now. In my experience ATT has ruined everything that they have taken over.

1 hour ago, coastiemike said:

We live in NV so the only way I get to see Falcons outside of prime time games is when they play SF or LAR or LAC.  We, unfortunately, have to keep DTV for the package.  However, our contract is up in January.  I’m hoping there is a different way we can watch the NFL package come Aug 2020 so we can cancel DTV.

Why not just find a stream online? With the way things are set up now it's so easy to find a quality stream online and port it over to your big screen tv.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why not just find a stream online? With the way things are set up now it's so easy to find a quality stream online and port it over to your big screen tv.

We’ve tried.  I don’t have the patience with choppy or interrupted reception. I haven’t found a non-interrupts stream yet.  I have a feeling the NFL’s relationship with DTV will be ending soon anyways.

Just now, coastiemike said:

We’ve tried.  I don’t have the patience with choppy or interrupted reception. I haven’t found a non-interrupts stream yet.  I have a feeling the NFL’s relationship with DTV will be ending soon anyways.

Have you tried Bilasport? That's the site I use for stuff I don't get locally and it's never given me any troubles and I've got crummy Spectrum internet. I can usually stream on 3 devices without any issues.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Have you tried Bilasport? That's the site I use for stuff I don't get locally and it's never given me any troubles and I've got crummy Spectrum internet. I can usually stream on 3 devices without any issues.

We’ve already paid for the NFL package on DTV this year.  Noted for next year however.

12 hours ago, Talen Kylon said:

If you don't mind, what are you paying to stream the Sunday ticket? I have it through direct TV but if I can cut them out I'd love to. 

Sunday ticket I'm paying about 75 a month I know its pricey but I was shelling like 40 a game going out watching it at places. Make sure you use an address that doesn't allow DirecTV that way you can actually get Sunday ticket on your own 

I just subscribe to the Reddit and Discord for the NFL Streams. I have no issues at this point. I was forced into this world a couple of years ago when I paid for the Hawks/NBA Season Pass and the NBA's app was so painfully bad that I had to find another way. The streams were choppy at first (three years ago), but now they are seamless. I watch EPL, NBA and local NFL this way (I paid for the Sunday Ticket Online this year...and I have to stream Sunday Night's game because I have no cable/sat service).

I recommend getting sling. I still like my cable so I called and flat out told them where do I need to drop off my boxes after seeing a bill for $197. They then cut down to $115. So now I pay $140 for premium packages and sling, which Isn't too bad.

I hate doing the shady practice of threatening to cancel, but uverse gave me no choice by screwing with my bill before and now dropping NFL NETWORK. 

1 hour ago, stizz said:

I recommend getting sling. I still like my cable so I called and flat out told them where do I need to drop off my boxes after seeing a bill for $197. They then cut down to $115. So now I pay $140 for premium packages and sling, which Isn't too bad.

I hate doing the shady practice of threatening to cancel, but uverse gave me no choice by screwing with my bill before and now dropping NFL NETWORK. 

Uverse might lose the Disney owned channels soon also ( ESPN, ABC, Disney Channel, etc.)...

SEC Network said they will not be available starting tomorrow for ATT and Direct tv subcribers... ( this includes the other disney owned channels)....

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-warns-fans-that-directv-and-att-customers-may-not-be-able-to-watch-any-sec-games-this-weekend/amp/

Edited by slickgadawg
2 hours ago, stizz said:

I've got YouTube TV and then just a couple days signed up for Philo. Philo has all the other channels that YouTube TV doesn't have so I still get all the channels I want and combined YouTube TV and Philo are about $70. For stuff I can't watch on there I use Bilasport and CFBStreams on Reddit. I've also got Hulu and Netflix for my on demand content. I'm all set with all the TV I could ever want to watch. I'm fixing to hit up Spectrum to see if I can do anything to get and internet discount again. My discount just ended so my internet price went back up to $70 when before it was only $50.