AT&T and NFL battling it out over NFL Network and Sunday Ticket

4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Some one else will fill the void. The NFL should make it affordable. 

I watched as many 2018/19 NBA games as I wanted on a Firestick NBA APK. There are several similar NFL apps available. Plus, I watched the Pacquiao/Thurman fight on Sportsdevil (Kodi), so it's possible that its new version will once again stream the NFL. We'll see. I'm hundreds of miles out of the Falcons viewing area and there's no way I'm paying hundreds to the NFL when Atlanta's the only team I want to watch. But I'm confident I'll be able to watch every game this season without paying an arm and a let for it. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what? the 50 Mexican channels ain't holding you over? 

But have you seen the women in those Mexican Telanovelas? 

I like Football not Futbol

1 hour ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I am in FL. Can someone on this board advise me how to watch Falcons' games on the internet.

I had YouTube TV last season Not currently.) and only Bucs', prime time, and Thursday/Sunday games were on.

I need to change my IP to Atlanta?

Best streaming site I've ever found for any sporting event.

http://www.bilasport.net/

9 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

If the NFL was smart (they are) it will go to every provider possible. You will still pay for it, but it will be available for every platform from Twitter/Amazon/Hulu/Sling, etc to your local yokel cable company. Not saying everyone will pick up the rights to it, but it should not be held to one provider. That hefty check they get for the exclusive rights is great and all, but getting the product in more households should be the goal.

I also wish these sports leagues would finally get rid of all these ridiculous blackout rules. They just don't realize how much they're losing out on because of them. MLB.tv is a perfect example of a streaming service that could have so many more subscribers if people were allowed to watch their hometown team on it instead of the home town team being blacked out.

NFL has their streaming thing but it's not for live games, you can only watch the game on it the next day. What good is that for anyone? You can pay for a CBS subscription but you can only watch the game being shown by your local station on it. These sports leagues are cutting off their nose despite their face.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

At&t and Direct tv subcribers are now being bombarded with advertisements from ESPN and Disney that say that AT&T is about to lose access to every Disney owned channel including ESPN and ABC.  Disney is flexing because of the leverage they have with the start of football season...

This happens all the time when carriage agreements come up. Service providers try to low-ball the content providers, then the content providers start running ads that the service providers don't care about their customers. Then at the zero hour, they come to some crazy deal that just makes the bills go up, thus screwing the viewer. Circle of life.

This is the first time in my life since 1982 that I have gone without a cable/satellite provider (my dad was a very early cable adopter). Can't say I really miss anything. I pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket online this year, but with the ease and quality of streams out there, this will likely be the last year.

5 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

This happens all the time when carriage agreements come up. Service providers try to low-ball the content providers, then the content providers start running ads that the service providers don't care about their customers. Then at the zero hour, they come to some crazy deal that just makes the bills go up, thus screwing the viewer. Circle of life.

This is the first time in my life since 1982 that I have gone without a cable/satellite provider (my dad was a very early cable adopter). Can't say I really miss anything. I pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket online this year, but with the ease and quality of streams out there, this will likely be the last year.

You are correct. One problem though. Those last minute agreements haven't been happening anymore. AT&T lost the NFL channel months ago.  They were without CBS for a while.  AT&T is not caving to the content providers anymore.

14 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

You are correct. One problem though. Those last minute agreements haven't been happening anymore. AT&T lost the NFL channel months ago.  They were without CBS for a while.  AT&T is not caving to the content providers anymore.

Considering the way AT&T is handling their viewing options, it almost feels like they want out of the business of providing services. They can't keep losing money on NFLST, and the NFL is losing money by not opening it up to any provider who wants it. Netflix would balk, but all major cable companies, Amazon, etc would line up at the door for it.

1 hour ago, Da_Truth said:

I just wish the NFL would cancel their NFL Sunday Ticket contract.  I hate AT&T since the took over DirecTV that's why I cancelled my account and stream t he games.

ATT has run DirectTV and  Sunday Ticket down into the ground. They incorrectly had the Atlanta game blacked out in the Carolina market until about 8 minutes left in game, I watched on the channel with 8 games pictured, when I was not spending over an hour in chat, on hold, or on phone.

They stated on phone they would send email when fixed and include compensation - below is email received.

I guess if they had to screw me over for one game, this was a good one to (mostly) miss.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for being a loyal DIRECTV customer. We are pleased to inform you that we have resolved the issue that you reported.

We apologize again for any inconvenience and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

Edited by mountain_jim3

I'm in the minority here.  I had no cable and streamed for last six or seven years.  But now I have Directv and it's great!  $45 per month is definitely worth not having to deal with all the hassles of streaming.  Streaming is great for Netflix and stuff like that, but for live events it really isn't.  $45 is not a lot of money for the convenience and peace of mind of having all the games coming in flawlessly.  Nothing like having a crashed stream right at some big moment of a game when people are over watching it.  One less thing to worry about now.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, EZfalcons said:

Good thing I ditched DirecTV and am now a slinger! I get redzone and nfl network and I am paying to stream Sunday ticket without having DirecTV. Plus locally directv/at&t stopped showing CBS and NBC! I was like oh **** naw

I have DirecTV (now AT&T) but I have NFL Network, CBS, and NBC. It's all so confusing...

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

It's because they're losing money on DirecTV. BIG TIME.

They severely overpaid as the market was changing.

Why do I need to pay for DirecTV when you can stream Hulu, Netflix, etc.

The only reason I have cable is because Comcast is my ISP.  We need higher internet speeds for work so when you bundle everything and threaten to leave a few times the package is reasonable.  Cheaper than my cell phone anyway.

The only thing DirecTV has going for it is the NFL Sunday ticket and the general public us beginning to question why they want to pay for every game when you can realistically only watch one at a time.  If you want to watch multiple games there's the redzone or you can listen to the game and then watch a replay afterwards if you have Gamepass, (which I've found out is MUCH less stressful).

I call Retention Services at DirecTV and threaten to leave every year if I do not get NFL Sunday Ticket for free. I tell them that all these people who never had DirecTV are getting it for free but me, a loyal customer of 11 years can't get it for free?! Going on 5 years in a row with free NFL Sunday Ticket and they lower my bill for 12 months haha.

14 minutes ago, emc008 said:

I call Retention Services at DirecTV and threaten to leave every year if I do not get NFL Sunday Ticket for free. I tell them that all these people who never had DirecTV are getting it for free but me, a loyal customer of 11 years can't get it for free?! Going on 5 years in a row with free NFL Sunday Ticket and they lower my bill for 12 months haha.

I call Retention every so often to lower my bill. I think I've been with them 4 years now. I should try and get Sunday Ticket for free. Though the first year when I had it I didn't really watch it that much. Seemed like the best games to watch were still on the regular networks. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

I call Retention every so often to lower my bill. I think I've been with them 4 years now. I should try and get Sunday Ticket for free. Though the first year when I had it I didn't really watch it that much. Seemed like the best games to watch were still on the regular networks. 

Well I want to watch the Falcons every week. That is why I push for free NFL Sunday Ticket. I also record it so I can go back and watch it or if I am at a church function and miss the beginning I can always still watch it from the beginning and not miss anything. Plus with so many TV Timeouts, it gets annoying watching it live. 

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It's because they're losing money on DirecTV. BIG TIME.

They severely overpaid as the market was changing.

Why do I need to pay for DirecTV when you can stream Hulu, Netflix, etc.

The only reason I have cable is because Comcast is my ISP.  We need higher internet speeds for work so when you bundle everything and threaten to leave a few times the package is reasonable.  Cheaper than my cell phone anyway.

The only thing DirecTV has going for it is the NFL Sunday ticket and the general public us beginning to question why they want to pay for every game when you can realistically only watch one at a time.  If you want to watch multiple games there's the redzone or you can listen to the game and then watch a replay afterwards if you have Gamepass, (which I've found out is MUCH less stressful).

Att does have too much going on. They are gonna sell Directv.  As far as dumping on cable companies in general, you CAN'T cut the cord because as you pointed out you still need them for internet.  :lol:  They know this.  If they ever get to a point where most of their subcribers are using streaming TV they will just increase the price of internet.  Eventually im predicting that internet pricing itself will be very expensive. You can't run from this...

Edited by slickgadawg