ya_boi_j

Allen Bailey breakdown

37 posts in this topic

I was going to post this last night. This is why Bailey is going to be a boon to this DL. He beats guys up 1v1 consistently. He may not get the numbers, but he's glad to do the dirty work for 60 minutes and there are few OL who want to fight that fight. 

44 minutes ago, vel said:

I was going to post this last night. This is why Bailey is going to be a boon to this DL. He beats guys up 1v1 consistently. He may not get the numbers, but he's glad to do the dirty work for 60 minutes and there are few OL who want to fight that fight. 

This is why I kept telling people to stop judging him off of his stats. Personally I think that is the dumbest thing in the world to do but that's just my opinion. He isn't going to rack up mega sacks but the man is going to fight and bring pressure. That's what the Falcons need.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is why I kept telling people to stop judging him off of his stats. Personally I think that is the dumbest thing in the world to do but that's just my opinion. He isn't going to rack up mega sacks but the man is going to fight and bring pressure. That's what the Falcons need.

Fans can be lazy. That's it. They see 6'3 350lb and think big ugly run stopper. They see 19 career sacks and think bum. They see 6'7 height and think red zone monster. They want to make judgements as quick as possible instead of looking at the play of the player.

Posted (edited)

Pro: Powerful, Great work along the line, hustles to the play even outside the numbers. Doesn't get moved off his spot.

Con: Usually the last DLine man to"get off" on the snap. Its very obvious. But I promise you DQ will work on that with him.

Really needed this addition, he will do well here.

Edited by runshoot
ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Getting Bailey & Davidson quietly[ and cheaply] greatly improved the run defense. Think there's a chance this defense comes together and really surprises a lot of people.

Yeah for sure -  Neal returning will be big for the run defense also

Closest thing I have seen to a Rugby style tackler in a Falcons uniform.

12 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Getting Bailey & Davidson quietly[ and cheaply] greatly improved the run defense. Think there's a chance this defense comes together and really surprises a lot of people.

Agreed. Don’t forget Hageman as well. 

TheFatboi, papachaz and quickzero like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agreed. Don’t forget Hageman as well. 

We have some legitimate beef in there that we were definitely missing last season. 

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We have some legitimate beef in there that we were definitely missing last season. 

Truth. Seems like they learned from their mistakes. This offseason 10X better than last year’s in many aspects such as this.

Backup Depth is another example where they’ve cleaned things up....

22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Truth. Seems like they learned from their mistakes. This offseason 10X better than last year’s in many aspects such as this.

Backup Depth is another example where they’ve cleaned things up....

Not just that, they didn't go after any "cute" FAs. 

Clayborn is Clayborn. Period. We know who he is and what he can do day one. Allen Bailey isn't Terrell McClain. JJ Wilcox, although now gone, isn't Jordan Richards. 

They added legit NFL players, not fringe guys we hope have career years. Even Tyeler Davison is legit, albeit more unknown name wise.

HASHBROWN3, Vandy, NWFALCON and 6 others like this

28 minutes ago, vel said:

Not just that, they didn't go after any "cute" FAs. 

Clayborn is Clayborn. Period. We know who he is and what he can do day one. Allen Bailey isn't Terrell McClain. JJ Wilcox, although now gone, isn't Jordan Richards. 

They added legit NFL players, not fringe guys we hope have career years. Even Tyeler Davison is legit, albeit more unknown name wise.

A solid offseason strategy. 

Draft makes more sense to me now. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Draft makes sense to me now. 

Much more sense. Yes, they are relying on growth on the edges, but I think we'll see a totally different plan of attack from DQ than we saw the last 3-4 years. I keep using the Rams and even the Saints as examples of teams with weaker edge groups that still had strong DL play because of their interior depth and the way they played. 

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Draft makes sense to me now. 

8 minutes ago, vel said:

Much more sense. Yes, they are relying on growth on the edges, but I think we'll see a totally different plan of attack from DQ than we saw the last 3-4 years. I keep using the Rams and even the Saints as examples of teams with weaker edge groups that still had strong DL play because of their interior depth and the way they played. 

Hope to see a much more attacking style of defense. Want every yard contested, every first down to be a struggle, want red zone trips to feel like a FG is a win.

Vandy, dirtybird2k5 and kiwifalcon like this

15 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Hope to see a much more attacking style of defense. Want every yard contested, every first down to be a struggle, want red zone trips to feel like a FG is a win.

Oh I think it's coming. At least mentality wise. It's going to need the talent to be up to par, meaning Takk has to take that next step, Vic has to show some signs of life, and Rico and Neal being ready to go. If it meshes, I think they will be heIl to play. 

kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

32 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Like we did back-half 2016.

15 minutes ago, vel said:

Oh I think it's coming. At least mentality wise. It's going to need the talent to be up to par, meaning Takk has to take that next step, Vic has to show some signs of life, and Rico and Neal being ready to go. If it meshes, I think they will be heIl to play. 

I think the talent is there, but as you’d said both Vic (especially) and takk are keys in needing to play better. 

That and Just stay healthy. 

kiwifalcon, TheFatboi, vel and 1 other like this

Man we gonna be good against the run this year.The pass rushing combinations are going to be interesting.

If I’m DQ I’m licking my chops. He got some stout guys upfront now.

Tim Mazetti likes this

I know it's a longshot, but IF Vic Beasley has another year as he did in 2016, our defense may yet be something special next season.