Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Falcons are a better team on paper right now than the Patriots?

46 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Not sure why we should care about the Pats. We'd only need to ever worry if they met up in the SB again. I'd be more concerned about this deep NFC conference we'd have to deal with to even see the Pats.

truth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Not sure why we should care about the Pats. We'd only need to ever worry if they met up in the SB again. I'd be more concerned about this deep NFC conference we'd have to deal with to even see the Pats.

The Patriots always the most likely team to make the super bowl because the pathetic AFC can't figure out how to beat them just one time when it counts. You would think there would be all kinds of people studying a way to do it. They have 20 years of film on Brady and Bellicheck there has got to be someone with a very high IQ that can figure them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Patriots always the most likely team to make the super bowl because the pathetic AFC can't figure out how to beat them just one time when it counts. You would think there would be all kinds of people studying a way to do it. They have 20 years of film on Brady and Bellicheck there has got to be someone with a very high IQ that can figure them out. 

I don't disagree with that statement at all. Pats have ran the AFC for decades.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Reminds me of that Bum Phillips quote on Bear Bryant..."Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n..."

Yeah, give me a great coach over just having a talented roster every time.

The thing they say is that you need talent to win in the League. I say, give me competent talent and a well coached team any day over a team of all stars!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potential and Talent-wise yes. But potential is nothing, execution is everything. The Patriots execute the best and that's thanks to their coaching.

NaGaBoy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cant blame just the AFC. Cause there are plenty of NFC teams dont fair well against them either. There are plenty of AFC teams who have beat.

And on paper means nothing if the players you pay dont excuse when they need to. When coaches dont perform when need to

 

Sports has never been about talent when it comes down to it..its what's between the ears.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

You cant blame just the AFC. Cause there are plenty of NFC teams dont fair well against them either. There are plenty of AFC teams who have beat.

And on paper means nothing if the players you pay dont excuse when they need to. When coaches dont perform when need to

 

Sports has never been about talent when it comes down to it..its what's between the ears.

 

 

The Giants, Panthers and Eagles do well against them. I think if the Patriots had to travel to Green bay, New Orleans, Seattle or Atlanta in a playoff game they would be at a disadvantage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Let's face it the Patriots are always the best team in the NFL until proven otherwise and the most likely team to represent the AFC in the super bowl. This question will require some speculation. Do you think the Falcons are a better team on paper than the Patriots at this moment? I actually think the Falcons have the best roster in the NFL if their lines play slightly above average and they stay healthy. Also Dan Quinn has more experience now than in 2016. I also think our special teams will be good this year. How well do you think our roster measures up the Patriots roster? How well do we match up against the best in your guys opinion? 

This is almost funny. In the weeks leading up to the draft and FA, the majority of the board didn't think we'd be able to fill all the holes. Now, there's this. 

We are unproven at so many levels (Oliver, SS and FS back from injury, Rook and FA Oline, RB coming back from injury, etc.), I don't think we could be better than them to anyone but a Falcons fan. To be fair TB and BB Have fielded some horribly sketchy rosters and just keep winning. They are not a normal team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Giants, Panthers and Eagles do well against them. I think if the Patriots had to travel to Green bay, New Orleans, Seattle or Atlanta in a playoff game they would be at a disadvantage. 

This works the other way as well...have those teams travel to foxboro....

The Falcons played the them following the super bowl and played worse..

Edited by Ghost_02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost_02 said:

This works the other way as well...have those teams travel to foxboro....

The Falcons played the them following the super bowl and played worse..

The weather was terrible, low visibility fog, and the offense had Sark instead of Kyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Osiruz said:

No we have to beat them for the first time ever under Brady to earn that honor, until then they own our soul like Chang Tsung. It's all mental, and the players need to produce. Also their coaching is slightly better. 

Who the **** is Chang Tsung? Is that Shang's little brother?

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad I'm not as obsessed with the Patriots as so many other folks on here are. It's ridiculous how obsessed folks are with the Patriots, a team the Falcons play only once every 4 years.

Let's just worry about learning to consistently beat the teams in our division. Can we start there please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I reading someone talk about the weather in NE...ahh isn't weather a part of football??

And I never said teams couldn't beat NE...but switching them to the NFC wouldnt change much seeing they have a good winning percentage against the NFC as well...

 

Look it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see we're the best in the league on TATF again. We don't need a trophy case, just a box of clothes pins to hang up all our paper championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:33 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Let's face it the Patriots are always the best team in the NFL until proven otherwise and the most likely team to represent the AFC in the super bowl. This question will require some speculation. Do you think the Falcons are a better team on paper than the Patriots at this moment? I actually think the Falcons have the best roster in the NFL if their lines play slightly above average and they stay healthy. Also Dan Quinn has more experience now than in 2016. I also think our special teams will be good this year. How well do you think our roster measures up the Patriots roster? How well do we match up against the best in your guys opinion? 

no 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The thing they say is that you need talent to win in the League. I say, give me competent talent and a well coached team any day over a team of all stars!

You are right.  We have something special with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Debo, and many others.  These guys play at a star level but are true teammates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Not sure why we should care about the Pats. We'd only need to ever worry if they met up in the SB again. I'd be more concerned about this deep NFC conference we'd have to deal with to even see the Pats.

You're right, of course. Getting that Lombardi is all that matters.

Except, the Pats are the biggest and baddest and we had them dammitt and we let'em off the hook. That 28-3 bullsheet won't ever die until the Falcons win a SB vs the Pats.

Also, it really should be while The GOAT is still their QB if we're going to get total redemption, repudiation and revenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

You're right, of course. Getting that Lombardi is all that matters.

Except, the Pats are the biggest and baddest and we had them dammitt and we let'em off the hook. That 28-3 bullsheet won't ever die until the Falcons win a SB vs the Pats.

Also, it really should be while The GOAT is still their QB if we're going to get total redemption, repudiation and revenge.

I get all that. It's not anything to devote much energy to unless we actually do play them in a rematch somehow. I'm not going to celebrate a SB win any less if it's not a win vs the Pats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had the better team in 2016...on paper and in reality....we just gave up too much in that last game.  Don't worry we'll show everyone just how good we are this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I see we're the best in the league on TATF again. We don't need a trophy case, just a box of clothes pins to hang up all our paper championships.

This team has enough coaching and enough good players to at the very least get deep in the play-offs this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now