Falconsfan567

2006 Falcons Defense

37 posts in this topic

For a little Madden 2007 (2006) fun, I decided to fire up a new Falcons franchise and built the Falcons in my image, defense 1st! So I traded Michael Vick to the Browns for Willie McGinest and Andra Davis. Then I traded a couple draft picks to the Vikings for Kevin Williams, signed Ty Law, and boom I've got a starting defensive unit that is incredible.

• DE - Patrick Kerney
  • DT - Rod Coleman
  • DT - Kevin Williams
  • DE - John Abraham
  • OLB - Willie McGinest
  • MLB - Andra Davis
  • OLB - Keith Brooking
  • CB - Ty Law
  • CB - DeAngelo Hall
  • FS - Chris Crocker
  • SS - Lawyer Milloy

This is one of the reasons I love video games. It would have been incredible to see such a defensive unit.

Godzilla1985 likes this

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Man that roster with Matt Schaub would have been pretty fun if that really happened

That is what I'm thinking. Falcons would have won a heIl of a lot of games with that defense and Matt Schaub at QB.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That is what I'm thinking. Falcons would have won a heIl of a lot of games with that defense and Matt Schaub at QB.

But what would your offense have been?

12 minutes ago, Alomar said:

But what would your offense have been?

Matt Schaub, Warrick Dunn, Jerious Norwood, Alge Crumpler, Roddy White, Kevin Curtis among others. Pretty good? I think so!!

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Matt Schaub, Warrick Dunn, Jerious Norwood, Alge Crumpler, Roddy White, Kevin Curtis among others. Pretty good? I think so!!

That would have been a very strong Falcon team! Glad we didn't do it though, cause we wouldn't have MR now if we would have done that...

FalconsIn2020 likes this

3 minutes ago, Alomar said:

That would have been a very strong Falcon team! Glad we didn't do it though, cause we wouldn't have MR now if we would have done that...

Might have won a Super Bowl though!

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dont forget Jenks

The crazy thing is, we had 75% of that defensive line, but due to injuries they rarely played together. Around this period, we always started strong and then faded in Nov and Dec.

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

For a little Madden 2007 (2006) fun, I decided to fire up a new Falcons franchise and built the Falcons in my image, defense 1st! So I traded Michael Vick to the Browns for Willie McGinest and Andra Davis. Then I traded a couple draft picks to the Vikings for Kevin Williams, signed Ty Law, and boom I've got a starting defensive unit that is incredible.

• DE - Patrick Kerney
  • DT - Rod Coleman
  • DT - Kevin Williams
  • DE - John Abraham
  • OLB - Willie McGinest
  • MLB - Andra Davis
  • OLB - Keith Brooking
  • CB - Ty Law
  • CB - DeAngelo Hall
  • FS - Chris Crocker
  • SS - Lawyer Milloy

This is one of the reasons I love video games. It would have been incredible to see such a defensive unit.

U know u could of gotten more trading Vick, like 3 more first rounders, and in reality it was sad that when we landed Abraham, Kerney got hurt that year so we never had the chance to see both of them wrec havoc for a full season together.

Edited by BirdGangATL
Dr Long Shot and Osiruz like this

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

U know u could of gotten more trading Vick, like 3 more first rounders, and in reality it was sad that when we landed Abraham, Kerney got hurt that year so we never had the chance to see both of them wrec havoc for a full season together.

I remember the only game they played together. First game at the season @Carolina... We killed their O line that day.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=260910029

The Panthers had 215 total offense yards that day.

Edited by FalconOdense
Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

I remember the only game they played together. First game at the season @Carolina... We killed their O line that day.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=260910029

The Panthers had 215 total offense yards that day.

Yes, I believe Keeney had a pectoral injury and was out for remainder of the season, then he fled to Seattle and had a pro bowl year with them.

2 hours ago, BirdGangATL said:

This, imagine Dcoleman, Keryney, and Abe for a full season. I don't care much for Chris Crocker though I thought he kind of sucked.

8 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Willie McGinest playing outside linebacker in a 4-3?

Willie McGinest has played 3-4 OLB, 4-3 SLB, and 4-3 DE.

Belichick's defenses have always been more multiple than just straight cut 3-4 or 4-3 and using some of his players in a variety of ways.

Falconsfan567 and Osiruz like this

8 hours ago, BirdGangATL said:

There is no team on Madden that has 3 1st round picks to trade and also they would never accept that trade anyway. I took the best offer I got for Vick and the one that made the most sense for me.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

On 7/24/2019 at 6:50 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

• DE - Patrick Kerney
  • DT - Rod Coleman
  • DT - Kevin Williams
  • DE - John Abraham
  • OLB - Willie McGinest
  • MLB - Andra Davis
  • OLB - Keith Brooking
  • CB - Ty Law
  • CB - DeAngelo Hall
  • FS - Chris Crocker
  • SS - Lawyer Milloy

Can they stop the run? Cuz our 2006 defense sure couldn't. ;)

Posted (edited)

On 7/25/2019 at 3:12 AM, BlazerSlayer said:

The crazy thing is, we had 75% of that defensive line, but due to injuries they rarely played together. Around this period, we always started strong and then faded in Nov and Dec.

We let go of our DL mainstays that season. Travis Hall from the SB defense, and a couple other guys (Jaspar?). Once Green Bay showed the blueprint with Samkon Gado that we could NOT stop the run, the season was over. 

We went 6-2 then 2-6. One of the two late wins was against Detroit on Thanksgiving when Steve Mariucci inexplicably tried to repeatedly throw the ball, even though the first play from scrimmage went up the gut for about 20 yards.

EDIT:

Uhhh....nevermind. I'm talking 2005. Getting old stinks.

Edited by since68andcounting