athell

Julio Jones Eyeing 3,000 Yard Season

68 posts in this topic

I would prefer this to a superbowl ring. What a legendary call it'd be to break the receiving record by 1000 yards.

That's what I'll tell myself.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Barry Sanders didn’t.  Can’t remember if the Vikings made it that year. Don’t remember if Eric Dickerson or OJ did. Terrell Davis is the only one I could remember. Lewis did have a top 5 all time defense but he did his thing that year 

Vikings made the wildcard and lost to GB. They might've maybe had a chance if Ponder was playing over Joe Webb, which is weird to say lol. 

Too many other targets are going to see their share for him to even hit 2k

He was so close in 2015 because he was the only person for Matt to throw to

10 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Defenses don’t really guess against the falcons. It’s just nothing defenses can do about it because the other guys beat their 1 on 1’s. No guessing with us. Roll coverage to Julio and try to cover the other guys in single coverage. 

Just like everyone beat their man in the Eagles game when we had a chance to win it at the goal line in 2017?  Wasn't Julio the go-to guy then? Oh ok.

I love seeing some of you thinking he's actually thinking that haha. He's a receiver with confidence that was joking. Having played the position through college I would have said the same thing if anyone asked me, and said it with the same straight face, knowing it's an impossible number. Julio just wants to win. However, you can't expect the dude to not be confident and not have a little fun with everyone along the way.

athell and falconidae like this

2 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

I love seeing some of you thinking he's actually thinking that haha. He's a receiver with confidence that was joking. Having played the position through college I would have said the same thing if anyone asked me, and said it with the same straight face, knowing it's an impossible number. Julio just wants to win. However, you can't expect the dude to not be confident and not have a little fun with everyone along the way.

almost certain no one took that serious

falconidae likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

almost certain no one took that serious

Sadly, I think there are a few here who did. We have some interesting trolls on this board haha. Julio is going to ball out this year either way, though.

15 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

He's not getting 3k obviously... 2k though, I think it could happen.

User name checks out.

8 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Too many other targets are going to see their share for him to even hit 2k

He was so close in 2015 because he was the only person for Matt to throw to

Probably so, pretty sure everybody here was joking about 3000 being possible.

For 2000, it's barely possible. He had 1677 yards last year on 113 catches. What would get him to 2000 would be six to ten  50+ yards passes this year. He had 2 plays like that last year. If the improved Oline lets Ryan step into his throws, he could hit several deep passes to Julio this year. Or perhaps, several throws with lots of YAC.