Surprise Players to make the Team and Make an Impact

ryanadonis

My main surprise player who I think will turn some heads and be a factor for the Falcons is... 

Tony Brooks-James

The elite speed running back / kick off returner, will give the Falcons the speed they have been missing for a long time. Tevin Coleman was very good but for what ever reason, he wasn't signed back.  

James brings the speed but he also has that Kamara like feel for tackles.  James will bounce, spin and move his body in ways so tacklers can't bring him down. 

Jayson Stanley and Jordan Miller and Kendall Sheffield

The two tall rangy corners will bring a lot of youth and size to a defensive back field that needs a true identity.  These two will surprise but I think Jordan Miller might be the sleeper of the draft and possibly the best pick of the draft.  Sheffield will make people forget about the corners we lost real quick.  I like Sheffield's athleticism. 

Chris Odom

I have no idea why I believe in this guy so much, but he reminds me of a Saints defensive type of linemen who comes out of no where but has a great motor and size to compete every snap.  I like his fight but I really like his rare size and speed combination. 

Yurik Bethune, Tre' Crawford and Del'Shawn Phillips

Falcons have a pretty decent line backer group but all 3 of these guys bring length and athleticism.  I think 2 of these guys make the team but I predict all of them will be a part of the Falcons in some way.  They all have great tape of size and speed.  They all share the willingness to rush the passer and get in the trenches and take on a running back. 

I think Phillips has the most upside of the 3.  

I feel like this may be the most promising Preseason roster I've seen as Falcon fan.  Typically once you past the 1s it started to become slim pickings but with the exception of QB and Center, I see our 2's as being competitive.   I'd still expect Schaub to be serviceable and no idea who our backup center is (Wes/Gettis?) so that one is a concern.

7 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

My main surprise player who I think will turn some heads and be a factor for the Falcons is... 

Tony Brooks-James

The elite speed running back / kick off returner, will give the Falcons the speed they have been missing for a long time. Tevin Coleman was very good but for what ever reason, he wasn't signed back.  

James brings the speed but he also has that Kamara like feel for tackles.  James will bounce, spin and move his body in ways so tacklers can't bring him down. 

Jayson Stanley and Jordan Miller and Kendall Sheffield

The two tall rangy corners will bring a lot of youth and size to a defensive back field that needs a true identity.  These two will surprise but I think Jordan Miller might be the sleeper of the draft and possibly the best pick of the draft.  Sheffield will make people forget about the corners we lost real quick.  I like Sheffield's athleticism. 

Chris Odom

I have no idea why I believe in this guy so much, but he reminds me of a Saints defensive type of linemen who comes out of no where but has a great motor and size to compete every snap.  I like his fight but I really like his rare size and speed combination. 

Yurik Bethune, Tre' Crawford and Del'Shawn Phillips

Falcons have a pretty decent line backer group but all 3 of these guys bring length and athleticism.  I think 2 of these guys make the team but I predict all of them will be a part of the Falcons in some way.  They all have great tape of size and speed.  They all share the willingness to rush the passer and get in the trenches and take on a running back. 

I think Phillips has the most upside of the 3.  

Good list R. 

Any other year and I'd see James on the 53. I think hes ps this year unless injuries happen.

CB I agree Miller may be the guy. Sheffield will have some good plays as well. I see js on ps.

Agree Odom will likely take snaps intended for means and possibly more. 

Don't see any lbs losing a seat.

Surprised you didn't include olomide.

I'm hoping Odum keeps that bend Ive seen on tape working for him, be nice to have an edge out of no where produce in game.

Love these bottom of roster threads, keep them coming. Without the depth at top of roster these guys would  have been counted on in past few years, strong team forming.

Stanley at corner could catch on ? The guys measurables are off the chart for a corner, (or a receiver but couldn't catch a cold), his special teams want to is all pro, prob buys a practice squad year and hope he developes