Falcons Fan MVP

Do we need a new conditioning coach?

62 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Quinn likes to see the players fast and physical.. Im sure thatll tend to lead to more injuries.. Especially when you are tired or not in peak conditioning early in the season 

We stayed healthy DQ first 3 years it is just lately. Maybe I'm overacting but it's something that the coaches need to ask themselves without playing scared of course.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

When we sustain and lot of muscle tears , ruptured tendons, etc that can be the improper stretching etc, but ACL tears and broken bones are just bad luck. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

So how did conditioning cause the acl and bone injuries the Falcons had? I mean that's what OP said and you agreed.

I didn’t agree. I said hire a good luck coach in hyperbole you casual 

Somebody could’ve simply just stepped on Bennett’s foot and broke his ankle. No conditioning in the world can prevent that. And trying to change direction super fast and get caught in the grass can help tear an acl. Again nothing to do with conditioning. 

Falcons Fan MVP and Yo_Lover like this

10 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Injuries thus early to me indicates we need a new conditioning coach or plan. Last year injuries happened very early also. How can we improve this? We used to be great at staying healthy. Your thoughts?

LOL!

Yo_Lover likes this

7 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

I didn’t agree. I said hire a good luck coach in hyperbole you casual 

LOL

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm starting to sense quite a few alts recently. You guys gotta have something better to do with life outside of creating an alt to talk ****

This lol. They care so much about what strangers think they need to make alt accounts so people don't know who they really are. 

Vandy and ya_boi_j like this

31 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

This lol. They care so much about what strangers think they need to make alt accounts so people don't know who they really are. 

It's actually pretty sad

youngbloodz and Yo_Lover like this

The answer is "no," but to a lesser degree that some people are pointing out.

One of the things I've really admired about this generation of millennial athletes, is their attention to detail, receptiveness to technology and training advancements, as well as their dietary habits. I'm about 4 years younger than Matty Ice, but I remember growing up, no matter what position you played - the training regiment was roughly 75% the same in football, regardless of position. That meant, if you were a QB, you were still doing your ****dest to max out on bench, squat the world, and power clean as much as possible before the start of camp. In hindsight, that didn't make a heck of a lot of sense. 

Take Tom Brady for example. Instead of trying to be an SI cover model like his wife, he and his trainers (Tom House, same guy Ryan uses now), decided that pliability, having strong stabilizer muscles, and being as lean as possible, is what is most effective. So long are the days where you would do overhead dumbbell press until you couldn't scratch you ear, hello resistance bands and lighter weighted exercise which strengthen the full range of motion in the shoulder. Tom prides himself on the fact that when he "makes a muscle," the bicep remains pretty soft. The key for him is to have pliable muscles, not ones that are stiff and look good. 

Back in the day, Jerry Rice said he only lifted weights in the first part of summer, then spent the rest of his time doing extraordinary cardio (the "infamous hill), speed and agility drills, and ballet. People laughed at it, but you couldn't argue with the results. 25+ years later, ballet is now referred to as "Pilates" and every skill player in the league does them as a part of their training. 

My hope is the Falcons are on the leading edge of everything strength/conditioning/flexibility. It prevents injury, and also produces a better football player. 

Probably no but it wouldn't hurt to for Arthur to keep an eye on some of the things the Hawks are doing with Emory. 

The privately funded facility will feature the most advanced technology in sports medicine and athletic care built within a state-of-the-art training center with amenities.

“Delivering on-site care not only will enable us to provide faster care to Hawks players, but also will enhance our ability to conduct sports performance research and translate what we learn to all athletes both professional and recreational.”

The Hawks new facility will be the first in the NBA to be co-located with an entire sports medicine center, allowing for expert and immediate treatment and on-site access to state-of-the-art equipment such as a 3 Tesla MRI scanner, which provides the best quality and fastest diagnosis for soft tissue and bone bruise injuries.

13 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Sure they are, bad conditioning means you get winded early and once you are winded you make mistakes with your body and in general are more prone to any type of injury. Turning your ankle cause you are not running/cutting in proper form cause you are tired can cause a broken ankle.

Bad conditioning is a domino effect that can cause all sorts of mistakes with your movement

While that may be a possibility, it doesnt mean thats what happened. Nice negative assumption though

14 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dumbasses should be hitting their ankles with hammers to make their bones stronger. 

While they're at it they should have torn the acl before the season a little so it grows back stronger.

How do we get this dumb*** thread every year?

lol Yo Lover made a funny.

Yo_Lover likes this

13 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Not stretching well before at the start of practice/games can fall under poor conditioning

Actually it's been proven scientifically that it's more important to stretch after games and practices 

Vandy likes this

5 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

An ACL and a broken ankle have nothing to do with conditioning. If it was a bunch of muscle tears then maybe but these are just bad luck. 

Anyone that has any background in medicine or actually played sports know this to be true. Great post man!

14 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Not stretching well before at the start of practice/games can fall under poor conditioning

Being a strength and conditioning coach myself I can tell you most studies deter stretching before athletic competition. Maybe their warmups could be changed. However, for someone to make it to the professional level something tells me that they actually know what they're talking about when developing warmup plans. If I can do it at the collegiate level they can do it at the professional level.