Falcons Fan MVP

Do we need a new conditioning coach?

62 posts in this topic

Injuries thus early to me indicates we need a new conditioning coach or plan. Last year injuries happened very early also. How can we improve this? We used to be great at staying healthy. Your thoughts?

Dumbasses should be hitting their ankles with hammers to make their bones stronger. 

While they're at it they should have torn the acl before the season a little so it grows back stronger.

How do we get this dumb*** thread every year?

1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

I dont think broken ankles are the result of poor conditioning, TBH.

Sure they are, bad conditioning means you get winded early and once you are winded you make mistakes with your body and in general are more prone to any type of injury. Turning your ankle cause you are not running/cutting in proper form cause you are tired can cause a broken ankle.

Bad conditioning is a domino effect that can cause all sorts of mistakes with your movement

ButSkiuup likes this

1 hour ago, kirbyr said:

How does strength and conditioning help prevent broken ankles.

They forgot to do the ankle bone excercise

Yo_Lover likes this

Poor/sub-par conditioning and injuries definitely have a strong relationship. Let’s not be so quick to dismiss the topic here. However, there is also a factor of **** happens at play too. A lot of people confuse ‘conditioning’ and think it only applies to cardiovascular endurance. Starting rookies are at the greatest risk for injury coming in because they’re not used to the demands of the NFL yet. They’re basically playing two college football seasons in one NFL season from start of training camp to end of regular season.

Falcons Fan MVP and Zone#7 like this

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Sure they are, bad conditioning means you get winded early and once you are winded you make mistakes with your body and in general are more prone to any type of injury. Turning your ankle cause you are not running/cutting in proper form cause you are tired can cause a broken ankle.

Bad conditioning is a domino effect that can cause all sorts of mistakes with your movement

How do you explain injuries that happen at the start of practice/games? The guy isn't tired then.

35 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Poor/sub-par conditioning and injuries definitely have a strong relationship. Let’s not be so quick to dismiss the topic here. However, there is also a factor of **** happens at play too. A lot of people confuse ‘conditioning’ and think it only applies to cardiovascular endurance. Starting rookies are at the greatest risk for injury coming in because they’re not used to the demands of the NFL yet. They’re basically playing two college football seasons in one NFL season from start of training camp to end of regular season.

We didn't have rookies get hurt. We had guys that are NFL vets. So how is this conditioning related again? 

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

How do you explain injuries that happen at the start of practice/games? The guy isn't tired then.

We didn't have rookies get hurt. We had guys that are NFL vets. So how is this conditioning related again? 

Not stretching well before at the start of practice/games can fall under poor conditioning

New coach is gonna keep guys from snapping ligaments and bones? Well, guess we need a new coach then if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Not stretching well before at the start of practice/games can fall under poor conditioning

And you know this is a fact? Or is it just your opinion?

4 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Can you give me some stretches that guarantee you won't tear an acl? I'm sure I can send them to teams and make money.

Also some stretches to prevent bones breaking?

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Can you give me some stretches that guarantee you won't tear an acl? I'm sure I can send them to teams and make money.

No of course that’s impossible. Clearly some injuries have nothing to do with conditioning, I just answered your casual question 

2 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

No of course that’s impossible. Clearly some injuries have nothing to do with conditioning, I just answered your casual question 

So how did conditioning cause the acl and bone injuries the Falcons had? I mean that's what OP said and you agreed.

Strength and conditioning coach wont mitigate ligament, bone, and joint injuries. Those just happen. If anything, it helps mitigate muscle injuries.

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Quinn likes to see the players fast and physical.. Im sure thatll tend to lead to more injuries.. Especially when you are tired or not in peak conditioning early in the season 

Should be way less physical in our non contact drills. I agree. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Should be way less physical in our non contact drills. I agree. 

Could just be bad luck? Just dont think Quinn should push things too hard this early.. Let the guys get back into playing shape. But its just my opinion 

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Could just be bad luck? Just dont think Quinn should push things too hard this early.. Let the guys get back into playing shape. But its just my opinion 

Quinn doesn't push players. Remember yesterday? That's not the head coaches fault man. 

They should just train their bones and acl's better. Just lazy if you ask me. 

kschreck and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this