Unknøwn

Royals @ Braves

262 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Look I know these are ML pitchers and I know he's young but this guy looks like he might not ever figure it out.

I mean how bad do you have to be to constantly swing through fastballs when you are literally sitting on them?

Lmao.. classic

37 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Lmao.. classic

Not as classic as your nitpicking quotes so you can ride off into the sunset on your high horse.

You did well for about a month before your obsession started creeping up again.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Not as classic as your nitpicking quotes so you can ride off into the sunset on your high horse.

You did well for about a month before your obsession started creeping up again.

He's not wrong though, saying that Austin Riley will never figure it out is a bit dramatic and over the top.

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's not wrong though, saying that Austin Riley will never figure it out is a bit dramatic and over the top.

I said he looks like he might not.

Not that he wouldn't, which is why I also said he likes to nit pick but it's whatever. 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I said he looks like he might not.

Not that he wouldn't, which is why I also said he likes to nit pick but it's whatever. 

But other than pure negativity would make you even consider the possibility that Austin Riley is never going to figure out how to hit major league pitching? This is what is so annoying about you when it comes to the young players. It's like when for 3 years all we heard was Dansby Swanson is a bum who's never going to hit major league pitching and should be traded so Camargo can start at SS or sign Manny Machado to play SS. You have absolutely no patience with young players because you've already decided in your head that they're gonna fail before they even get a chance. It's weird to be so pessimistic about young players and the potential they hold.

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But other than pure negativity would make you even consider the possibility that Austin Riley is never going to figure out how to hit major league pitching? This is what is so annoying about you when it comes to the young players. It's like when for 3 years all we heard was Dansby Swanson is a bum who's never going to hit major league pitching and should be traded so Camargo can start at SS or sign Manny Machado to play SS. You have absolutely no patience with young players because you've already decided in your head that they're gonna fail before they even get a chance. It's weird to be so pessimistic about young players and the potential they hold.

Again never said he wouldn't figure it out but if we really want to get into this you could look up how many players in recent memory have a K% as high as his and turned out fine vs those who didn't.

Also it's well established that I will trade a prospect for an established player 10 out of 10 times because of how volatile they are.

I haven't given up on him because I'm willing to deal with the strikouts because of his big power potential. The same way I didn't give up on Gallo and wanted him here.  Honestly the discussion ain't even about that, it's just that True needs to look for me again because he's got nothing better to do because that's just who he is.

I really just don't get you guys to be honest since when does it only take pure negativity to look at a player and say yep hes a black hole right now. Must be a lot of negative scouts and GM's out there who let go of guys. If you can't be objective then you can't be taken seriously, sorry.

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

Again never said he wouldn't figure it out but if we really want to get into this you could look up how many players in recent memory have a K% as high as his and turned out fine vs those who didn't.

Also it's well established that I will trade a prospect for an established player 10 out of 10 times because of how volatile they are.

I haven't given up on him because I'm willing to deal with the strikouts because of his big power potential. The same way I didn't give up on Gallo and wanted him here.  Honestly the discussion ain't even about that, it's just that True needs to look for me again because he's got nothing better to do because that's just who he is.

I really just don't get you guys to be honest since when does it only take pure negativity to look at a player and say yep hes a black hole right now. Must be a lot of negative scouts and GM's out there who let go of guys. If you can't be objective then you can't be taken seriously, sorry.

I said he needs to go back to the minors and get straightened out. There's nothing wrong with that thought because it's a perfectly reasonable assessment of where he is right now. But it's never once popped into my head that he might never figure it out. That's crazy.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I said he needs to go back to the minors and get straightened out. There's nothing wrong with that thought because it's a perfectly reasonable assessment of where he is right now. But it's never once popped into my head that he might never figure it out. That's crazy.

It’s one thing to say send him down..  

completely different to even question that someone with the potential he flashed already AS A ROOKIE, might not figure it out.. 

i understand everyone is entitled to an opinion.. and it’s my opinion that that statement was absurd..

Falconsfan567 likes this