Replacing wilcox

Doubt it, we have enough talent at training camp right now I think. There will be some tough cuts as it is. DBs are Trufant, Oliver, Kazee, Sheffield, Miller, Allen, Neal, Neasman, Wreh-Wilson. That's already 9 and not counting guys like Taveze and Cooper looking for spots or our hybrid guys like Ishmael. I think we are good.

1 minute ago, jfalconsp said:

Doubt it, we have enough talent at training camp right now I think. There will be some tough cuts as it is. DBs are Trufant, Oliver, Kazee, Sheffield, Miller, Allen, Neal, Neasman, Wreh-Wilson. That's already 9 and not counting guys like Taveze and Cooper looking for spots or our hybrid guys like Ishmael. I think we are good.

Ish isn't a hybrid. He has gained weight and is a LB, Quinn has said that. He hasn't played safety in years. How do you guys not get this?

14 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Ish isn't a hybrid. He has gained weight and is a LB, Quinn has said that. He hasn't played safety in years. How do you guys not get this?

Because he never plays and I don't look at his frame. Point still stands without him.

21 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Boston is not a guy you want deep unless you're playing against him

If Boston was on the field, something went wrong. But at least he has upside. And he's fairly familiar with the overall premise of the defense, given his best season was in 2017 when he was coached by one Gus Bradley. 

At the end of the day, Kazee would move to FS before I think they played a backup FS there. 

Let things play out a bit at camp and see what you have on the roster. Wilcox was brought in to back up Neal and to be featured in big nickel packages. I don’t think Neasman fills either role but the coaching staff knows what they have in mind. If you don’t have the right fit internally then maybe trade a late pick for Josh Jones in GB  

Edited by EpicBird

45 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Boston is not a guy you want deep unless you're playing against him

Not true. Guys is a very underrated FS. He isnt quite the Cover 1 deep guy but as a cover 2 safety or playing over the top of a side....he holds his own...well. really a shame he doesn't have a job

3 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Not true. Guys is a very underrated FS. He isnt quite the Cover 1 deep guy but as a cover 2 safety or playing over the top of a side....he holds his own...well. really a shame he doesn't have a job

Too bad we'd be asking him to play cover 1. We rarely play cover 2.

Again, he's not a guy you want deep.

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Neasman was > Wilcox anyway, IMO. 

Don't even get me started. People are panicking because it's a player hurt. Not that I wish injury on any player, but I'm not crying about it. I always questioned why Neasman wasn't getting a clean shot. Now he is. 

6 hours ago, vel said:

At the end of the day, Kazee would move to FS before I think they played a backup FS there. 

Truth. This is what I said yesterday, and was told Kazee was the reason Tru/Alf/Richards et al stunk up the field so bad last year. SMH.