Wilcox out for the season with ACL tear - NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036528/article/falcons-safety-jj-wilcox-acl-out-for-season

Injury problems in the defensive backfield plagued the Falcons last season and unfortunately Atlanta is getting bad news early in 2019.

Falcons safety J.J. Wilcox tore his ACL on Monday in practice and is out for the season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports.

Wilcox was vying for a spot as the team's No. 3 safety.

His injury comes on the heels of a 2018 season in which the Falconslost starting defensive backs Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allenearly in the campaign -- as well as linebacker Deion Jones.

Wilcox was signed to a one-year deal in April after splitting last season with the Colts and Jets.

9 minutes ago, stizz said:

Rico worked with the same corners and we were never destroyed like that by mediocre QBs. Again, DQ made the right decision. 

I know that’s a TAFT narrative, but Kazee at FS instead of Rico back there was way way down the list as to why falcons other DBs sucked so bad last year. 

Did you even watch Alf at all? Richards? Tru? Rico’s not Superman, he would not have fixed that mess. 

And again, I didn’t say move him to safety now. I said he was a viable backup option if either Rico or Neal were injured. 

1 hour ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036528/article/falcons-safety-jj-wilcox-acl-out-for-season

Injury problems in the defensive backfield plagued the Falcons last season and unfortunately Atlanta is getting bad news early in 2019.

Falcons safety J.J. Wilcox tore his ACL on Monday in practice and is out for the season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports.

Wilcox was vying for a spot as the team's No. 3 safety.

His injury comes on the heels of a 2018 season in which the Falconslost starting defensive backs Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allenearly in the campaign -- as well as linebacker Deion Jones.

Wilcox was signed to a one-year deal in April after splitting last season with the Colts and Jets.

This could be good news, in that Hageman, Tre, or Odom will get a shot at making the roster now?

Before the injury I think it was highly likely they were going to carry 5-Safeties for the first time in recent history. They will now definitely carry 4-Safeties.

Edited by Cheap Talk
11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I know that’s a TAFT narrative, but Kazee at FS instead of Rico back there was way way down the list as to why falcons other DBs sucked so bad last year. 

Did you even watch Alf at all? Richards? Tru? Rico’s not Superman, he would not have fixed that mess. 

And again, I didn’t say move him to safety now. I said he was a viable backup option if either Rico or Neal were injured. 

No it wasn't. What Rico lacks in playmaking he makes up for in football IQ. Dude knows his assignment and everyone else's. In his multiple years back there, I can only remember twice when Rico was beaten over the top. It just doesn't happen, 

Kazee did not and it showed. He is getting his wish and the majority of fans' wish by getting snaps at nickle so he'd be on the field more. 

12 hours ago, Vandy said:

This narrative out there is a false one.  Kazee is more valuable than what is being said.  Rico is fine & all that and does his job.  Someone even tried to talk about tackling & such as a plug for Rico with the false narrative that Kazee doesn’t tackle well...yada yada... all BS.  

So I asked if some of our data mining experts to look up falcon tackling numbers.  I still don’t know if that was done but look at this link... maybe it opens some eyes.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/atlantafalcons/statistics?team=ATL

Maybe someone can imbed the pertinent info.

Oh my, Kazee standing out as one heck of a player.  

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/stats/