112 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I know bud but Doctors today can do stuff that is amazing. 

He's gonna have to go on blood thinners and they won't do radiation while he's on blood thinners. That's after they had to stop his chemo last week because it wasn't going well. None of it is going as plan.

I don't believe God will fix it. I don't believe God will fix anything because God hates me. Always has and always will. It's why I'm completely alone with nobody to love me.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's gonna have to go on blood thinners and they won't do radiation while he's on blood thinners. That's after they had to stop his chemo last week because it wasn't going well. None of it is going as plan.

I don't believe God will fix it. I don't believe God will fix anything because God hates me. Always has and always will. It's why I'm completely alone with nobody to love me.

Let the Doctors fix it. They can I have been there don’t  lose faith.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just wanted to give an update on Willie. Things are slowly getting worse with each passing day and there's absolutely no good of him ever getting better. He was just in too bad of shape before the chemo and radiation treatment started and well, it seems to have done it's thing. His liver, which wasn't very good to begin with, is now all but completely shot and within the next couple of days we're going to have to put him in a nursing home because we just cannot take care of him anymore. He had a seizure or something happen to him tonight. I'm just so overwhelmed and at the end of my rope.

I'm all alone here. I'm fighting this all alone with no emotional support from anyone. And I'm desperate to just get a break from this and mom and all this junk. I need a break. I need something fun. I can't remember the last time I had fun. I am alone for the most part. I just wanna be loved so bad and it's never gonna happen because I'm not lovable. There's just so much. I don't know why I should continue to push and fight. I'm just tired to fighting so hard and not getting anywhere. I'm tied. I'm stressed. I'm overwhelmed. It's years and years and years and nothing ever changes and gets better. Nothing  good ever happens. It's always bad bad bad bad bad.

That's it, I'm done with school. I stayed up half the night watching math videos for nothing. I just flunked that test big time. I quit school. I don't know why I ever thought I was smart enough to become a teacher. I'm just too freaking stupid to learn how to do this crap. 3rd time I'm taking this algebra crap and I just cannot comprehend how to do it. I'm just not capable and smart enough to handle it. I could go to all the tutoring in the world and it's not gonna help me because there is something severely wrong with my brain and the way it operates so come test time I can't remember how to do anything and I just fail. I'm just so freaking stupid. I woke up early this morning to watch a history video for a quiz in class and then I get there and I can't remember what I watched and heard. I just don't understand. My brain don't work. I'm just so stupid. I'm just a complete and major failure at the game of life. Just all there is to it. I wasn't meant to be a success and have a life and wife and career and family and love. Just not who I am.

So yeah, life sucks. Here's a life tip, don't be like me.

53 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Just wanted to give an update on Willie. Things are slowly getting worse with each passing day and there's absolutely no good of him ever getting better. He was just in too bad of shape before the chemo and radiation treatment started and well, it seems to have done it's thing. His liver, which wasn't very good to begin with, is now all but completely shot and within the next couple of days we're going to have to put him in a nursing home because we just cannot take care of him anymore. He had a seizure or something happen to him tonight. I'm just so overwhelmed and at the end of my rope.

I'm all alone here. I'm fighting this all alone with no emotional support from anyone. And I'm desperate to just get a break from this and mom and all this junk. I need a break. I need something fun. I can't remember the last time I had fun. I am alone for the most part. I just wanna be loved so bad and it's never gonna happen because I'm not lovable. There's just so much. I don't know why I should continue to push and fight. I'm just tired to fighting so hard and not getting anywhere. I'm tied. I'm stressed. I'm overwhelmed. It's years and years and years and nothing ever changes and gets better. Nothing  good ever happens. It's always bad bad bad bad bad.

That's it, I'm done with school. I stayed up half the night watching math videos for nothing. I just flunked that test big time. I quit school. I don't know why I ever thought I was smart enough to become a teacher. I'm just too freaking stupid to learn how to do this crap. 3rd time I'm taking this algebra crap and I just cannot comprehend how to do it. I'm just not capable and smart enough to handle it. I could go to all the tutoring in the world and it's not gonna help me because there is something severely wrong with my brain and the way it operates so come test time I can't remember how to do anything and I just fail. I'm just so freaking stupid. I woke up early this morning to watch a history video for a quiz in class and then I get there and I can't remember what I watched and heard. I just don't understand. My brain don't work. I'm just so stupid. I'm just a complete and major failure at the game of life. Just all there is to it. I wasn't meant to be a success and have a life and wife and career and family and love. Just not who I am.

So yeah, life sucks. Here's a life tip, don't be like me.

Dude, I’ve been a long time lurker on the board, had zero reason to post, but seeing this I needed to jump on. Take a deep breath!

Listen, I know it’s rough and things right now likely seem overwhelming for a number of reasons. You are not alone bud. Guarantee there are people in your in your life, in your community, your church, any social outlet you have readily available where I promise you, people will rally around you and support you. 

I’m sorry you’re dealing with a lot but it will and does get better. All things have a season and challenges can open doors to paths you can’t even see yet. Bro, I lost my Mom in a car accident at 25, my Dad was in the same accident, in a coma and then in and out of hospitals for years until he had some semblance of a regular life. Ends up having some mental issues once he stabilized, went off the deep end and ends up cutting me and my siblings out of his life. My extended family fell apart during this time (Mom was the glue). Lost my job, no prospects, lost my girlfriend, lost tons of friends because I was isolating myself from any kind of help. It was bleak

Even now my sister is 28, has stage 4 lung cancer (doesn’t smoke and it was a freak genetic thing). Constantly worried, but even there amazing things are happening. It’s brought my family closer together. Made us appreciate the time we have. She’s fighting it, but no matter what, our past experiences have made us understand that we can make good out of the bad.

9 years later, I’m married, great job, family is closer. Still rough going with my Dad, but even that has provided enough with a deep perspective to be more patient and loving with others in my life. There are good and bad days, life is different, but embrace the new. What you’re experiencing now needs to be the motivation to keep fighting for the better ones to come.

Tonight is actually my Mom’s 65th birthday. I believe these are the moments where she allows me to help others. You got this man. Keep at this, ask for help. For me it was my Church, group therapy, connecting with friends, focusing on making my family happy, regaining and working on my own confidence and having the realization that everyone goes through unbelievable hardships at a point, but you have a choice, give up? Or keep fighting to make a better tomorrow for yourself! I don’t know you but I know exactly how you feel. IT WILL GET BETTER! You’re not stupid, you’re not alone. The Falcons are a piss poor outlet for happiness right now, but see that even in all this misery, that someday even the Falcons will be successful again. 

Try not to focus on everything at once, be honest with yourself about what you can handle. Reach out. Don’t. Give. Up!

I’m sure plenty on here would say the same!

Praying hard for you bud!

Edited by REDBird

31 minutes ago, REDBird said:

Dude, I’ve been a long time lurker on the board, had zero reason to post, but seeing this I needed to jump on. Take a deep breath!

Listen, I know it’s rough and things right now likely seem overwhelming for a number of reasons. You are not alone bud. Guarantee there are people in your in your life, in your community, your church, any social outlet you have readily available where I promise you, people will rally around you and support you. 

I’m sorry you’re dealing with a lot but it will and does get better. All things have a season and challenges can open doors to paths you can’t even see yet. Bro, I lost my Mom in a car accident at 25, my Dad was in the same accident, in a coma and then in and out of hospitals for years until he had some semblance of a regular life. Ends up having some mental issues once he stabilized, went off the deep end and ends up cutting me and my siblings out of his life. My extended family fell apart during this time (Mom was the glue). Lost my job, no prospects, lost my girlfriend, lost tons of friends because I was isolating myself from any kind of help. It was bleak

Even now my sister is 28, has stage 4 lung cancer (doesn’t smoke and it was a freak genetic thing). Constantly worried, but even there amazing things are happening. It’s brought my family closer together. Made us appreciate the time we have. She’s fighting it, but no matter what, our past experiences have made us understand that we can make good out of the bad.

9 years later, I’m married, great job, family is closer. Still rough going with my Dad, but even that has provided enough with a deep perspective to be more patient and loving with others in my life. There are good and bad days, life is different, but embrace the new. What you’re experiencing now needs to be the motivation to keep fighting for the better ones to come.

Tonight is actually my Mom’s 65th birthday. I believe these are the moments where she allows me to help others. You got this man. Keep at this, ask for help. For me it was my Church, group therapy, connecting with friends, focusing on making my family happy, regaining and working on my own confidence and having the realization that everyone goes through unbelievable hardships at a point, but you have a choice, give up? Or keep fighting to make a better tomorrow for yourself! I don’t know you but I know exactly how you feel. IT WILL GET BETTER! You’re not stupid, you’re not alone. The Falcons are a piss poor outlet for happiness right now, but see that even in all this misery, that someday even the Falcons will be successful again. 

Try not to focus on everything at once, be honest with yourself about what you can handle. Reach out. Don’t. Give. Up!

I’m sure plenty on here would say the same!

Praying hard for you bud!

Thanks for this. I really needed this kind of encouragement.

FalconsIn2012 and REDBird like this

Sorry to hear about your moms boyfriend. most time you'll never understand why things happen. One thing you may want to try to do is get the negativity out of your heart man. Having negative thoughts daily isn't going to make any situation any better than what it is man. You need to try and find some type of positive light somewhere in your life and stick with it or you're gonna have a tough road ahead for the rest of your life. 

Prayer for you 567. Hoping you Take a break, and get yourself well. Get well mentally, physically, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually. I can tell you’re exhausted, as would anyone in your situation.

And you're not a failure, you did all you could do with so much adversity staring you right in the face. That took a ton of courage. Respect, a lesser man would have disappeared long ago from trying.

rest up, get yourself well, and get back to school. Don’t ever give up on your dreams bro. I believe in you. 

They took Willie to the hospital today and admitted him. I just got off the phone with mom and the Doctors are getting him comfortable and now it's only a matter of days and then he'll be gone.

I hate to hear that man. It's hard but death comes for us all eventually. At 56 I've lost both parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles. Worse, I've also lost a number of close friends to many things. A massive heart attack got two of my hunting budfies 10 years apart. The best man at my wedding committed suicide 6 years ago. A friend of 35 years lost his battle with liver cancer just 3 months ago. No ... it's not just you. Life can just be hard. But you learn to find joy over time and through the hardships. 

On the school thing. Dont give up dude. Take a short break, get your head on straight and get back in there.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Edited. Obviously, I was behind on this, but I donated. I thought it was new. I read your post, and I’m very sorry. Prayers for him and your entire family.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They took Willie to the hospital today and admitted him. I just got off the phone with mom and the Doctors are getting him comfortable and now it's only a matter of days and then he'll be gone.

Hey brother....soon as you get a chance I want you to look up the "Serenity Prayer". Read it over and over until you understand it and it starts making sense. Everything that you experience in life, good or bad relates to that prayer. 

We only can control the things we do and are capable of doing. Everything else that is out of our control you must leave for our higher power to take care of.

These are certainly hard times brother, know that you are not ever alone!!!

Much love to you and your family!

Falconsfan567 likes this

Prayers for you brother. Take a break from everything and reach out for help. You are young and have lot to look ahead. Leave the past behind and have faith that life will be good in the future. Don’t hold back, grieve and get some counseling help.

Falconsfan567 likes this

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Thanks everyone. At least we got to celebrate his birthday when he could still enjoy it. Which he did.

Cherish those memories. You fall back to those and no one can take it away from you..

Falconsfan567 likes this

41 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Thanks everyone. At least we got to celebrate his birthday when he could still enjoy it. Which he did.

Coming from someone who has lost far too many people, its hard but its a part of life. It never gets easy but its just something everyone has to deal with. As far as the school thing, maybe math isn't your thing. Figure out what you think you could excel at and go for it. I spent 2 years getting am HVAC degree just to decide i don't wanna do that kind of work. I decided I wanted to do something that helps people so i just signed up for EMT school. Just try to find something you would enjoy.

Falconsfan567 likes this

52 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Coming from someone who has lost far too many people, its hard but its a part of life. It never gets easy but its just something everyone has to deal with. As far as the school thing, maybe math isn't your thing. Figure out what you think you could excel at and go for it. I spent 2 years getting am HVAC degree just to decide i don't wanna do that kind of work. I decided I wanted to do something that helps people so i just signed up for EMT school. Just try to find something you would enjoy.

I've dealt with far too much death in my life. Both grandparents on my mom's side who I was very close to and lived with. A cousin who was like the older brother I never had. His dad. My great uncle that I was named after. My great grandmother on my mom's side. And another great uncle. So yeah, way too much death and it never gets easier to accept.

Math isn't my thing but you can't get a bachelor's degree of any kind without basic math classes and that is what this is. I wanna be a teacher but there's all these math and english classes that are required.

Prayers for you guys man. I hate cancer with a passion. I've lost too many family members and close friends to it. My mother developed ovarian cancer right after I was born in '76 but survived. Developed intestinal cancer in the early 90s and beat it. Multiple surgeries, meds and strong will made my mom my Wonder Woman for 40 years. She was called to heaven on Easter Sunday 2017. Her body was just worn down from everything. I know it's hard but try to keep a clear head and keep him comfortable in these times and above all, pray for him. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I've dealt with far too much death in my life. Both grandparents on my mom's side who I was very close to and lived with. A cousin who was like the older brother I never had. His dad. My great uncle that I was named after. My great grandmother on my mom's side. And another great uncle. So yeah, way too much death and it never gets easier to accept.

Math isn't my thing but you can't get a bachelor's degree of any kind without basic math classes and that is what this is. I wanna be a teacher but there's all these math and english classes that are required.

Get a tutor to help you with it

14 hours ago, LouDog said:

Get a tutor to help you with it

The problem is that I know how to do it, I just get overwhelmed taking tests and can't remember how to do anything.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The problem is that I know how to do it, I just get overwhelmed taking tests and can't remember how to do anything.

Do practice tests before hand. Its all mental. Just gotta get your mind right. The more you do the more comfortable you will get with it. Just my 2 cents lol