Atlanta Falcons Poised to Be NFC's Biggest Sleeper in 2019

fuego

The Atlanta Falcons' 2018 season was one to forget. Besieged by injuries on defense, the Falcons lost four of their first five games and never recovered. After making the Super Bowl in 2016 and earning a wild-card spot in 2017, Atlanta watched last year's playoffs from home.

Given that disappointing campaign, not a lot is expected from the Falcons this year. But that defense has gotten a healthy Deion Jones and Keanu Neal back, and the offense is still loaded with skill-position talent and led by an MVP quarterback.

Atlanta could well be the most slept-on team in the NFC in 2019...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846479-atlanta-falcons-poised-to-be-nfcs-biggest-sleeper-in-2019?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

late 1970's early 80's

Ohhhhh....... No wonder you're so pessimistic. Lol.  I've been a fan since 1993. I still am very optimistic. But if the Falcons don't have a ring by the time Matt Ryan retires I will probably be as pessimistic as you are. I never really looked at the Falcons as a legit super bowl contender until 2012. Even then I didn't completely believe in Mike Smith. I feel like Dan Quinn is the right guy to get that ring. 1998 felt like a one year wonder team and Mike Vick could never get past the Eagles. If Dan Reeves stayed with Mike Vick they may have won a super bowl as long as they avoided Philly and the Patriots.