Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CADirtyBird

Bennett broke his ankle...out indefinitely

69 posts in this topic

We arent escaping the injury bug this year, hope we have good depth and our coaches really actually coach through our roster.

ButSkiuup likes this

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

We arent escaping the injury bug this year, hope we have good depth and our coaches really actually coach through our roster.

Oh hey look who it is!

giphy.gif

How's that list of games Julio has missed with "foot issues" coming along?

5 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Fact

27 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

So you are going out on a ledge here and predicting the Falcons players won’t get through the season without someone on the roster getting dinged up.

Wow, you are quite a risk taker you are.

Yo_Lover and Ergo Proxy like this

7 hours ago, athell said:

Apologies.  I will make it again in 6 to 12 weeks.

Your joke is under review...

I thought it was fine, though. B) 

athell likes this

6 hours ago, vel said:

I don't think it changes it honestly. Bennett was just as fringe as Hageman, if not more. I think Hageman's is truly based on his football shape. If he's anywhere close to football shape by the fifth PS game, he's making the roster. 

I was quite surprised to see Aaron Freeman say Bennett was a “strong contender” for starter. Wonder where he got that idea from?

9 hours ago, athell said:

The other good thing, potentially, is I wonder if this ups the Allen Bailey stock.

Also it depends on the severity of the break.  Hopefully it's a clean break, with no ligament damage, so he can be back asap.

Dang...spot on call, man!

athell likes this

7 hours ago, jdawg4876 said:

I think hageman has a real good shot at making the team, we shall see whats up during preseason, he def could beat senat out but crawford is too versatile to lose his spot to hageman. crawford had 6 sacks last yr and can play both dt and DE. While I could see them at least trying hageman at base 4-3 De since upshaw, reed, and shelby are all gone. lots of options

Just curiously, why would we try Hage at DE instead of keeping him at DT and swinging Crawford, who already has experience at DE?  I could see a Strong Package with Craw, Grady, Hage and Bailey (now), with Beas, Jones and Campbell, then give me KeKe, Kazee, Tru and Oliver in the secondary...try moving the ball on THAT...

45 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Dang...spot on call, man!

I was like huh?  Then saw the thread lol...good signing, love it.

Yo_Lover likes this

12 hours ago, gazoo said:

I was quite surprised to see Aaron Freeman say Bennett was a “strong contender” for starter. Wonder where he got that idea from?

Because he got some snaps with the first team on day one. That's literally it. Nothing from last year. Nothing from his career to date. There was little that suggested he was in line to even be active on gamedays. 

gazoo likes this

3 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Probably our thinnest position. I'm really hoping the light bulb went on for Hageman.

Thin? No. It's pretty deep. Talented may be the question. 

We're talking: 

Vic
Takk
Grady
Crawford
Bailey
Clayborn
Senat
Davison

That's 8 deep with veteran NFL talent. That's literally two levels deep. The floor is high. It's a question of the ceiling of this group...

gazoo likes this

5 hours ago, vel said:

Thin? No. It's pretty deep. Talented may be the question. 

We're talking: 

Vic
Takk
Grady
Crawford
Bailey
Clayborn
Senat
Davison

That's 8 deep with veteran NFL talent. That's literally two levels deep. The floor is high. It's a question of the ceiling of this group...

I mean...Hageman DID play in  a Super Bowl, and his presence was felt through Grady's performance... dare I say 9 deep with veteran NFL  talent?