Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Bold (and not so bold) Predictions for the 2019 Season

15 posts in this topic

1. DeBo leads the league in INT for a LB, and is a top 3 PFF graded LB on the year. Also a legitimate DPOY candidate. 

2. Truant returns to about 90% of his 2014/15 form.

3. Tavecchio underperforms, and we re-sign Matt Bryant by week 6 (unlike Tavecchio, and want him to flourish)

4. Grady hits double-digit sacks.

5. Cominsky ends up getting more snaps per game than Vic by the start of the playoffs. 

6. Foye outperforms Campbell, and is the breakout defender of the year on the team. 

7. Duke doesn't make the final 53.

8. Rico either loses a step, or gets re-injured(god forbid), but our defense improves with Kazee at FS, and Sheffield at NB. 

9. Oliver finishes with atleast a 80.0 PFF grade. 

10. Julio gets atleast 12 TD 

11. Ryan finishes top 3 in MVP voting, and also has 40+ TD and less than 10 INT. 

12. Freeman stays healthy, and performs well, but Ito Smith becomes a big part off the offense. 

13. OL gives up 0 sacks in atleast 4 games, and less than 30 on the year. 

14. We win the the NFC south, and have a first round bye.

15. DQ wins coach of the year, and coordinates a top 5 defense.

16. We are top 3 in TO differential.

17. Neal notches a career high with 3-4 INT. 

Might be considered very optimistic by many, but I think this is a VERY special group. 

FalconsIn2020 and Shelley#37 like this

7 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

6 and 7 are interesting.

Duke doesnt deserve to be on the 53. Would much rather have Jermaine Grace take that spot. I actually like Grace alot as a depth LB. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, US-41 Falcon said:

#3 is my worst nightmare. 

I think there might be something health related to Bryant we aren't seeing, to be perfectly honest. I thought he'd be snatched up almost immediately. 

The way his wife reacted to his release, im assuming he is healthy. I hope tavecchio balls out and we have our kicker for the next decade plus, but I think we let go of one of the best K in the league in favor of a youth move. It's nice knowing that if he isn't ready, that Bryant is still a FA. 

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd
Falcons Fan MVP likes this

4 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Duke doesnt deserve to be on the 53. Would much rather have Jermaine Grace take that spot. I actually like Grace alot as a depth LB. 

Bottom line is this camp us going to answer alot of questions, and it'll be fun to see these dudes compete.

1 hour ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

The way his wife reacted to his release, im assuming he is healthy. I hope tavecchio balls out and we have our kicker for the next decade plus, but I think we let go of one of the best K in the league in favor of a youth move. It's nice knowing that if he isn't ready, that Bryant is still a FA. 

I think it's health related. Maybe more to his injury than we know.

my Bold predictions:

1. Offense puts up 2016'ish numbers, but with higher TOP and stronger Run game numbers

2. Defense puts up 2017'ish numbers with higher takeaway numbers

3. Our LB corps (Campbell/Jones/FO) quietly becomes the talk of the league by the playoffs.  

4. Our O-Line starts breaking bones of D-Linemen (too soon? asking for a friend)

5. Falcons go 5-1 in division and win the division.  

6. We get a KO/Punt return game going.

7. Tak gets sacks, Vic doesn't.  

3 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

8. Rico either loses a step, or gets re-injured(god forbid), but our defense improves with Kazee at FS, and Sheffield at NB. 

I like most of these.  But #8 deserves a little

8799d5c195bfa3dc9be75f22b2f1054e.gif

NFC championship game will be 49ers at Falcons.

Super bowl 54 will be a Falcons vs Patriots rematch and the Falcons will get their revenge!

The Falcons defense will be really good by seasons end holding their playoff opponents the Packers, 49ers and Patriots all to under 17 points. My BOLD prediction.

Many will say the Falcons defense and rushing attack won the championship not Matt Ryan.

33 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

NFC championship game will be 49ers at Falcons.

Super bowl 54 will be a Falcons vs Patriots rematch and the Falcons will get their revenge!

The Falcons defense will be really good by seasons end holding their playoff opponents the Packers, 49ers and Patriots all to under 17 points. My BOLD prediction.

Many will say the Falcons defense and rushing attack won the championship not Matt Ryan.

I don't think we would win a SB without Matt getting a ton of credit, give the offense's success is basically built around his success.