vel

MUST READ: In Atlanta, Dan Quinn Is Ready to Show Off the Falcons’ Coaching Overhaul

34 posts in this topic

I have new respect for Mularkey after knowing he had other opportunities in the league but wanted to join up with a team he obviously considers a contender. Nobody takes a lesser job unless they truly believe something special is brewing and their voice is considered. the only thing I don't really like, I kinda feel like Morris would be more valuable coaching the DBs. don't get me wrong, he's done an excellent job with the WRs but he's a great DB coach and I think his intensity is probably better suited for the other side of the field

Cole World, vel, PokerSteve and 3 others like this

I love what we have in coaching experience here but if you look around the league your seeing the same thing. Where some former HCs get fired and they need a job somewhere because its only 32 HC gigs. 

15 hours ago, thamill said:

The only thing I worry about is all these chefs in the kitchen.  DQ is going to need to make sure everyone understands their role or this could get ugly(a team pulled in different directions offensively from game to game or series to series).

The great thing about getting both leaders,, They are aged men with a head full of knowledge,, I'll bet they get together , compare their thoughts , and agree on what would be best,, This is a great thing,, not a bad thing. These two men have won. And they know right well they have to be on the same page, They will have their plan laid out perfectly before the Games that count.  Having these two men will be a huge part of our success this year.. Never seen a off season come close to this one.. The FO blew it out of the water. Never been more excited to see this team and Coaches on the field Playing a real Game that counts. Gonna be fun. 

thamill and Lowndesfalc like this

13 hours ago, me4falcons said:

I love what we have in coaching experience here but if you look around the league your seeing the same thing. Where some former HCs get fired and they need a job somewhere because its only 32 HC gigs. 

What other team has 3 former head coaches on one side of the ball?

This article here pretty much proves why DQ will be here for a while. This guy gets it. He understands that he isn't perfect and continously overhauls various areas that didn't work from the previous year. He's going to hit the jackpot. Insanity is when you do the same thing expecting a different result. I don't see that with Quinn. I think Quinn to be here for a lot years to come. TD is great with personnel and moving money to keep Quinn players. Why not? 

On 7/22/2019 at 10:40 AM, vel said:

Man, I always love the inside info we get on the Falcons. This article by MMQBSI, as usual, paints a very clear picture on how DQ feels about the coaching staff going forward. Some of us speculated on the positions, roles, etc. on the coaches that have been added. Some were right, some were wrong, but it's clear DQ is no fool and has no ego when it comes to errors he's made and looking for ways to correct them so he doesn't double down on them, making them worse. He's not infallible, but when I tell you he's one of the best coaches in the league, that is one of the reasons why. He's always looking to improve and surround himself with people who feel the same way and aren't above acknowledging they have room to improve as well as holding him accountable. He's not looking for a room full of yes men, and he dam sure got it right from the sound of this article. 

The part about Koetter and Mularkey got me most excited, because we've all speculated it. But the concerns DQ had about Koetter's propensity to want to go pass happy were clearly considered, which is exactly why he brought Mularkey, who we all know can create a running game out of thin air. That's what I'm talking about. DQ isn't arrogant or some fool. He sees what we see, and more, and works to make sure he can win with it. Koetter and Mularkey should be able to dismantle defenses on a regular basis with their football knowledge and the talent on the team. 

I can't wait. FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!

That was nice about Koetter and Mularkey. I think if they can work together and keep the run/pass ratio more balanced, we're gonna equal our 2016 offensive numbers. Especially with the new OL.

But more than anything I like that he hired ex-head coaches. The best person to be president is a former president, one term removed, where the political party pressure is off. They just understand things better. I think that applies to the NFL as well.

Going into the offseason, Quinn couldn’t wait to tap into all of that experience—and he has. In those game-management meetings, they’d watch tape of Koetter in Tampa, of Mularkey in Tennessee, of others in the room as play-callers. They’d trash-talk each other. They’d poke at one another. Most of all, they’d learn, which brought Quinn to a level of vulnerability you don’t always see in NFL head coaches.

Love this!

raysnill1 and Jerz #Quinning like this