jdawg4876

Official 2019 Training Camp Thread

437 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, vel said:

Him and Miller were impressive on Thursday. A lot of tight coverage, good awareness. Wished Miller made than interception. 

I've been surprised at their competitiveness early on for being 'lower' picks and being rookies. Miller getting an INT first game out would've been sweet.

I kind've see a potentially more physically gifted version of Alford in Sheffield and Miller is more of a replacement to what Collins was supposed to be.

Sheffield didn't test in the combine due to the pec injury so not sure on everything else but he is definitely as fast as Robert, but likely faster. Slightly taller but also slightly less arm length/hand size.

Miller just needs to bulk up some/get stronger and hopefully not lose much speed.

Drew4719, vel, TheFatboi and 1 other like this

On 8/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Julio has been all over the hype train regarding Blake & Gage.  Safe to say Sanu is gone in 2020.  Will miss Mo but we are good at WR

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Julio has been all over the hype train regarding Blake & Gage.  Safe to say Sanu is gone in 2020.  Will miss Mo but we are good at WR

That’s not necessarily safe. They may find a way to keep him but they sure do make the sting of losing him less. If anything hardy may be the guy gone and they still keep Sanu and make Gage #4 and Blake #5. But if he doesn’t restructure to help cap he could be gone. 

15 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s not necessarily safe. They may find a way to keep him but they sure do make the sting of losing him less. If anything hardy may be the guy gone and they still keep Sanu and make Gage #4 and Blake #5. But if he doesn’t restructure to help cap he could be gone. 

I think they try and extend Sanu before outright cutting him. Maybe something like a 2-3 year extension before Ridley is due. 

TheFatboi and Ergo Proxy like this

1 hour ago, vel said:

I think they try and extend Sanu before outright cutting him. Maybe something like a 2-3 year extension before Ridley is due. 

I’m thinking that as well. Sanu has value other than just being a good wr. His locker room presence, leadership, and energy are intangibles that aren’t easily replaced. 

Ergo Proxy, vel and The Daywalker like this

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I’m thinking that as well. Sanu has value other than just being a good wr. His locker room presence, leadership, and energy are intangibles that aren’t easily replaced. 

And those blocks. 

NCCooley likes this

3 hours ago, vel said:

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Be an easy extension, same things that make him an easy cut also make it easy to extend.

Like the idea, but then we're paying the man until he's 33 or 34, list of WRs that were good at that age is very small.

Maybe he gets cut in 2020 in a classic case of letting a player go a year too early.

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Be an easy extension, same things that make him an easy cut also make it easy to extend.

Like the idea, but then we're paying the man until he's 33 or 34, list of WRs that were good at that age is very small.

Maybe he gets cut in 2020 in a classic case of letting a player go a year too early.

Oh yea we ain't talking a 5 year extension. Just something to move that hit out later. 

37 minutes ago, vel said:

Oh yea we ain't talking a 5 year extension. Just something to move that hit out later. 

Even a 2 year extension means he's getting paid in his age 32-33 years. Aren't many WRs that have been productive at that age. 

Think that if Gage has a good year, they cut Sanu, replace him with Gage, use the money saved  to pay defensive players.

Honestly, with how our cap looks next year Mack would have to retire after our SB season to keep Sanu; not even with the chance Julio’s new deal could increase the load moving forward.

Mack or Sanu are the most expensive potential cuts on O side of the ball; other than maybe Free, in order to get under 2020 cap.

So to me one has to go with D and guys like Hooper/Vondre being due.

Tough decisions must be made.

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Even a 2 year extension means he's getting paid in his age 32-33 years. Aren't many WRs that have been productive at that age. 

Think that if Gage has a good year, they cut Sanu, replace him with Gage, use the money saved  to pay defensive players.

Don't disagree with that at all. Just wouldn't be surprised if they kept him until 32-33. I think he'll be replaced by Hooper as the big chain moving target. 

Ergo Proxy likes this