therawest

Damontae Kazee is one of my favorite Falcons going into this season

75 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

You missed my points I guess lol.

The thread ain’t about Allen bro.  Kazee is already 10X the playmaker  & is just getting started. 

I like em both but why are we talking about Allen so much when this was about our boy Crazee Kazee? Geesh.  Smfh.  

We were talking about Rico because the 2nd post in this thread someone said Kazee was better than Rico already. If you don't want to discuss Rico you should skip over all posts related to him. You shouldn't even posted anything about Rico. 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Pull up my 2017 posts saying we should give Kazee a shot at FS over Suave. Even when he was healthy. Buddy just can't make the plays we need on the back end. He's a 1 pick 5 PD guy that's extremely overrated on TATF for lining up players. Something 32 safeties have done every year since PeeWee league. Kazee got better at it while he adjusted to the watered down league's hit rules.

Now Suave is coming off an achilles and likely won't be 100% in game one. Even if he is healthy he is not a playmaker folks. A slow, average cover guy. Quinn has been begging for takeaways for years. Good luck getting takeaways from Suave. Kazee is closer to Earl Thomas than Suave. Trust me. Keep him at FS and try Rico Suave, one of the young corners or a late camp vet at nickel. 

So glad you aren't the coach. 

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'd out coach you blindfolded.

If you say so. You dont know anything about the safety position 

"He getz em lined up!!!" 2019's AFMB trash-meme.

Rico Allen is literally the only safety in the NFL able to get his players lined up.

The NFL is so disrespectful for not sending him to the pro bowl

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

1 hour ago, FalconAge said:

"He getz em lined up!!!" 2019's AFMB trash-meme.

Rico Allen is literally the only safety in the NFL able to get his players lined up.

The NFL is so disrespectful for not sending him to the pro bowl

Yeah bro line em up for $4.9M and make no plays.

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

If you say so. You dont know anything about the safety position 

Played plenty safety in PeeWee league. As beater. Could line em up.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Played plenty safety in PeeWee league. As beater. Could line em up.

Good job. I'm sure guys like Ed Reed,Sean Taylor,Al Blades would be impressed 

If lining up was so easy I wonder why guys looked confused during the Saints game? I guess the non actual players know more 

12 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Good job. I'm sure guys like Ed Reed,Sean Taylor,Al Blades would be impressed 

They would have liked me. Played with the same attitude and intensity. Kazee is better than Suave at FS. His NFL plays out Trump Suave's vaunted line up calls. Leave him at FS and try Suave, a rook or a late camp vet at nickel.

Vandy likes this

29 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They would have liked me. Played with the same attitude and intensity. Kazee is better than Suave at FS. His NFL plays out Trump Suave's vaunted line up calls. Leave him at FS and try Suave, a rook or a late camp vet at nickel.

They actually studied film. Ed Reed spent hours at Miami studying opponents. He knew QBs tells before the coaches did. He use to tell the players which route the receivers would run by where they lined up. Ed use his mind more than his body. He would tell you right now Rico is better

On 7/20/2019 at 5:34 PM, FalconsIn2020 said:

Want to see Rico’s value? This play sums it up:

Rico would have moved Smith to the right gap and also made the tackle

And this play, Kazee took an aggressive angle and missed a tackle at 20 yard line. A 10-15 yard play went for 92 yards and a  TD. There was reason Falcons gave up too many big plays last year. 

I am excited to see Kazee at Nickle, he can play aggressively with Rico playing deep.

On 7/20/2019 at 9:54 AM, therawest said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fxx_H8zM7U

There is a workout video on Twitter where he just looks amazing in his back pedal.  

I loved this pick from

Day one and he has not disappointed. 

In the long run, I just hope we don't move on from Kazee in favor of Rico at FS. Achilles is a terrible injury. I wanted Kazee to replace him before the injury. Fits this defense so much better. Rico has just been a solid player, that I probably take for granted sometimes, but i think Kazee replacing him in the long run will make this defense take a big step forward. He will not be missed in some ways, will be in others, but Kazee would be missed much more if we let him walk a couple years down the line. If rico has lost a step this year, I hope Quinn is smart enough to make that replacement QUICK. He's just always been a player I have wanted replaced, because the FS spit can transform this defense, and while he doesn't do anything to hurt the team, he doesn't do much to elevate the team either, except for his experience on the back end, which is very valuable when lining up teammates and making calls. Kazee has had that duty for a full year now, and I hope we can make that transition sooner, rather than later. As long as it is at some point, rather than never. I also think NB is holding Kazee back from his full potential, unless he is on the field atleast 75% of the time, and Rico hasn't lost a step. 

13 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

We were talking about Rico because the 2nd post in this thread someone said Kazee was better than Rico already. If you don't want to discuss Rico you should skip over all posts related to him. You shouldn't even posted anything about Rico. 

That was my point lol.  That’s all I’m trying to say.  I already said i wasn’t singling you out, but you are all caught up in defending Rico like he’s your best friend or something I guess.  

Maybe someone should post up a topic on whose better?  Again, I am a fan of Rico & think highly of him.  I’m happy we have both guys on the team obviously.

4 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

That was my point lol.  That’s all I’m trying to say.  I already said i wasn’t singling you out, but you are all caught up in defending Rico like he’s your best friend or something I guess.  

Maybe someone should post up a topic on whose better?  Again, I am a fan of Rico & think highly of him.  I’m happy we have both guys on the team obviously.

It's a message board that we all use for discussion. Sorry if my disagreement bothered you

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Kazee should always be on the field period.  Put him where you want and he will rose to the occasion 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

It's a message board that we all use for discussion. Sorry if my disagreement bothered you

No **** Sherlock 

Don’t patronize me man.  I think you are aware of my intent but are choosing to pretend we’re at odds.  No need to be sorry, because I was never bothered.  Just tired of every Kazee thread being hijacked & turned into a defensive, Allen exercise just like the unnecessary crap some used to pull with TECO & Free :shrug:

I think Kazee has def earned his own respect.  Right out of the gate he’s been just what this team desperately needed...a playmaker!  Yes sir!

vel and Monolith2001 like this

2 hours ago, BFG said:

Kazee should always be on the field period.  Put him where you want and he will rose to the occasion 

Curious to know how many tackles he made among his team mates to see where he stacks up?  Anyone?  

There was some talk about tackling production earlier in this thread.  

Thanks to any of you data mining guys because Kazee just seemed to me to always be around the football.

Vandy likes this

5 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

No **** Sherlock 

Don’t patronize me man.  I think you are aware of my intent but are choosing to pretend we’re at odds.  No need to be sorry, because I was never bothered.  Just tired of every Kazee thread being hijacked & turned into a defensive, Allen exercise just like the unnecessary crap some used to pull with TECO & Free :shrug:

I think Kazee has def earned his own respect.  Right out of the gate he’s been just what this team desperately needed...a playmaker!  Yes sir!

Ok. 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, Knight of God said:

Why are we comparing teammates??? They are both on the team. Rejoice.

silly

And playing different positions this year. What the **** happened to this thread?

Knight of God likes this

On 7/20/2019 at 10:21 AM, TheFatboi said:

Facts. Tru and Alford’s worst years as Falcons. What changed? Allen. You can’t replace knowledge with athlete. Unless that athlete has superior knowledge of his position. Ppl fell in love with the picks but didn’t see when he left his corners out to dry because brees or Rodgers looked him off and got him off his spot looking for the pick. I loved the picks but I also saw the rest of it. 

Sorry but I don't think Allen had much to do with that. That's on marquand Manuel regressing. The whole defense regressed under him. Look at Allen before and after Quinn took over the defense in 2016. They went from disorganized to growing under coach Quinn. 

Kazee was playing a new position last year for the first time under a subpar coordinator.  It's hard to get a gauge how much better kazee would be if he got the the chance to start this year under Quinn's first season as coordinator. 

But I do agree that Allen is better overall for now but kazee ceiling is much higher. He will gain a lot of experience this year fortunately. 

I thought about this post while watching practice today.  He’s too good to be a backup to anyone and he has an unbelievable knack for knowing where the ball is.  Strange as it may sound last year’s injuries may have been a blessing in disguise.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:48 PM, Falcon Man™ said:

Rico is the leader in our secondary. 

Are you for real with this post? 

mehhh , he is but still 

On 7/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, falcons007 said:

And this play, Kazee took an aggressive angle and missed a tackle at 20 yard line. A 10-15 yard play went for 92 yards and a  TD. There was reason Falcons gave up too many big plays last year. 

I am excited to see Kazee at Nickle, he can play aggressively with Rico playing deep.

He didn’t want to catch a Chubb on national tv. 

On 7/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

SMH. Peeps act like Allen didn’t miss some tackles or give up a few big plays his first season as starter. 

Kazee was one of our few bright spots defensively last year. I’m a Rico fan, but I prefer Kazee roaming CF and Allen at NB.