therawest

Damontae Kazee is one of my favorite Falcons going into this season

75 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, caponine said:

Kazee has already been a much better player than Allen. His range is deeper, coverage is always tight and he's a ball hawk and hard hitter. Allen doesnt offer much except for tackling which even he whiffs. There's no reason why Allen should be starting over Kazee at safety. 

Rico is the leader in our secondary. 

Are you for real with this post? 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Want to see Rico’s value? This play sums it up:

Rico would have moved Smith to the right gap and also made the tackle

 

 

I can't understand people like yourself that totally disregard a seasons' worth of good to great play because of a few bad plays. All players get out of position at many different times. 

Just stop it. 

Unbelievable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Falcon Man™ said:

I can't understand people like yourself that totally disregard a seasons' worth of good to great play because of a few bad plays. All players get out of position at many different times. 

Just stop it. 

Unbelievable. 

I like Kazee. But he had several huge missed tackles that resulted in TD’s.  Rico is just more experienced.  In no way do I discredit Kazee, though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, caponine said:

Kazee has already been a much better player than Allen. His range is deeper, coverage is always tight and he's a ball hawk and hard hitter. Allen doesnt offer much except for tackling which even he whiffs. There's no reason why Allen should be starting over Kazee at safety. 

Allen is the field.general. His best attribute is his football I.Q. He puts others in the right positiin.

youngbloodz and FalconsIn2020 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

Rico is the leader in our secondary. 

Are you for real with this post? 

 

15 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Want to see Rico’s value? This play sums it up:

Rico would have moved Smith to the right gap and also made the tackle

 

 

 

13 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

I can't understand people like yourself that totally disregard a seasons' worth of good to great play because of a few bad plays. All players get out of position at many different times. 

Just stop it. 

Unbelievable. 

Wasn't he agreeing with you? 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, youngbloodz said:

See that's where you are completely wrong. Anyone that has ever played defensive back knows Allen is a much better player....right now. Because he can get every single defensive player in the right alignment. Football is a lot more mental than physical. When Allen got hurt you saw how confused everyone looked against the Saints

Nobody is hating on Allen.  The fact is that Allen is a highly dedicated individual who has earned immense respect from his team mates & deserves plenty of accolades for his work ethic & selflessness.

That being said, Kazee was a brilliant pick by our team & whomever projected his incredible college success to continue at the pro level should be given lots of credit.

These are two, completely different players.  Allen reinvented himself so to say by willing himself to be great with sound fundamentals & tons of intense study.  But Kazee is incredibly gifted with unreal recognition & playmaking skills that you just do not see very often. He’s a rare find.  His college career alone proves that out when you examine his stats for picks & run stops.  His film was amazing.  BUT IT DIDN’T STOP THERE.  From day fkg one in every practice, every preseason game & eventually every Sunday, this dude MADE PLAYS!!!!

PRODUCTION & PLAYMAKING SKILLS are what separates him from Rico.  I mean just give him some more time & he’ll be able to line people up too I imagine.  That comes with time & study.  But from a pure, bad ***, standpoint there is no denying that Kazee has the goods on just about every player on our D save for Deion Jones.  It’s sick just how fast he can stick his foot in the dirt & come down hill like a demon to shut down a developing run play.  Boom!  The dude just led the entire fkg NFL in picks, and it’s high time we all stop shutting down the conversation about him by bringing Rico’s name up every single time someone tries to give props to Kazee.  Please!  Enough! It’s almost on the sickening level where guys who refused to give TECO his due praise & who had to draw a comparison to Free every time Teco’s name came up lol.

Great, let’s give our props to our man Rico, but for the love of football, let’s allow Kazee to gain his place in the limelight.  

Not busting on you specifically youngbloodz, but Kazees playmaking skills were just what this team desperately needed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Nobody is hating on Allen.  The fact is that Allen is a highly dedicated individual who has earned immense respect from his team mates & deserves plenty of accolades for his work ethic & selflessness.

That being said, Kazee was a brilliant pick by our team & whomever projected his incredible college success to continue at the pro level should be given lots of credit.

These are two, completely different players.  Allen reinvented himself so to say by willing himself to be great with sound fundamentals & tons of intense study.  But Kazee is incredibly gifted with unreal recognition & playmaking skills that you just do not see very often. He’s a rare find.  His college career alone proves that out when you examine his stats for picks & run stops.  His film was amazing.  BUT IT DIDN’T STOP THERE.  From day fkg one in every practice, every preseason game & eventually every Sunday, this dude MADE PLAYS!!!!

PRODUCTION & PLAYMAKING SKILLS are what separates him from Rico.  I mean just give him some more time & he’ll be able to line people up too I imagine.  That comes with time & study.  But from a pure, bad ***, standpoint there is no denying that Kazee has the goods on just about every player on our D save for Deion Jones.  It’s sick just how fast he can stick his foot in the dirt & come down hill like a demon to shut down a developing run play.  Boom!  The dude just led the entire fkg NFL in picks, and it’s high time we all stop shutting down the conversation about him by bringing Rico’s name up every single time someone tries to give props to Kazee.  Please!  Enough! It’s almost on the sickening level where guys who refused to give TECO his due praise & who had to draw a comparison to Free every time Teco’s name came up lol.

Great, let’s give our props to our man Rico, but for the love of football, let’s allow Kazee to gain his place in the limelight.  

Not busting on you specifically youngbloodz, but Kazees playmaking skills were just what this team desperately needed.  

I had already said in this thread that once Kazee gains more experience he will be better than Rico. But he ain't better today. Film dont lie

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Allen is the field.general. His best attribute is his football I.Q. He puts others in the right positiin.

Exactly. His awareness is off the charts and we really missed that last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, youngbloodz said:

See that's where you are completely wrong. Anyone that has ever played defensive back knows Allen is a much better player....right now. Because he can get every single defensive player in the right alignment. Football is a lot more mental than physical. When Allen got hurt you saw how confused everyone looked against the Saints

Thank you 

youngbloodz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, youngbloodz said:

Exactly why he will be better than Allen once he gets the experience. Kazee has game changing skills. And he is one of my favorite players in the NFL 

A question , would you rather have an aggressive safety or conservative. This isnt mean to be a shot in anyway I'm just wondering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Allen is the field.general. His best attribute is his football I.Q. He puts others in the right positiin.

Yeahh true but I think Kazee will get better with that though as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Disagree. Kazee is flashy and more exciting, sure. Better, I dont think so. Rico is a stalwart.

 

It seemed to me that we allowed more big plays through the air last year than we did the last 2 season combined.

 

Yeahh but man I just love a risk taker,  they may give up some plays but they always make plays during the game. It sometimes happens , Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins and Troy Polamalu all gave up big plays by taking risks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7/20/2019 at 0:17 PM, TheFatboi said:

He has not. 

I'll admit Allen's IQ is high but his athleticism is lacking. He's not as dynamic as Kazee though that's not a shot because each of them have their strengths. As kazee plays more his iq will get better. Also Allen signed a 3 year deal , only 2 years left. Depending on how he performs this year.  Kazee could get the starting safety spot when its all said and done. 

Edited by caponine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caponine said:

A question , would you rather have an aggressive safety or conservative. This isnt mean to be a shot in anyway I'm just wondering 

Aggressive because you can't coach that. It's natural. You just have to study film and make sure what you see is really happening. Ed Reed was probably the most aggressive safety I ever saw play as far as attacking the ball. 

caponine likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Aggressive because you can't coach that. It's natural. You just have to study film and make sure what you see is really happening. Ed Reed was probably the most aggressive safety I ever saw play as far as attacking the ball. 

Thats the same way I think, if we get an Ed Reed type of player in the secondary that would make the defense so much better. But I think kazee will get better , him playing much of last year probably helped him developed even more. Now I dont want anyone to think i dont like Allen i love Allen but i also love playmaking on the defense. When we were top 10 in turnovers , it's no coincidence that we went deep into the playoffs ala 2012 and 2016 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I like Kazee. But he had several huge missed tackles that resulted in TD’s.  Rico is just more experienced.  In no way do I discredit Kazee, though.  

I not sure Rico is 100% just yet, from what I’ve seen the beat writers mentioning today from the players reporting, might be wiser to start Kazee. Rico is better mentally though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, caponine said:

Thats the same way I think, if we get an Ed Reed type of player in the secondary that would make the defense so much better. But I think kazee will get better , him playing much of last year probably helped him developed even more. Now I dont want anyone to think i dont like Allen i love Allen but i also love playmaking on the defense. When we were top 10 in turnovers , it's no coincidence that we went deep into the playoffs ala 2012 and 2016 

I love Kazee style of play too. Once he gets his awareness where it needs to be he will become an even better player. And Rico has already been helping him. I expect him to make a big stride this year into becoming a better player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ButSkiuup said:

I not sure Rico is 100% just yet, from what I’ve seen the beat writers mentioning today from the players reporting, might be wiser to start Kazee. Rico is better mentally though

He won’t be 2017 Rico until mid-season or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

He won’t be 2017 Rico until mid-season or later.

Yeah off of an Achilles, lot of players are “moving” but don’t really trust it and feel like themselves until another season after. He does a good job reading offenses but last thing we need is the last people guarding the end zone to be a liability 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Why are we comparing teammates??? They are both on the team. Rejoice.

silly

They play the same position. It’s like wondering if duke or foye should be on the field. 

Im not sold on kazee playing nickle corner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

They play the same position. It’s like wondering if duke or foye should be on the field. 

Im not sold on kazee playing nickle corner

Still...we have both. Both play NB, CB, FS, and SS. Both men will eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pull up my 2017 posts saying we should give Kazee a shot at FS over Suave. Even when he was healthy. Buddy just can't make the plays we need on the back end. He's a 1 pick 5 PD guy that's extremely overrated on TATF for lining up players. Something 32 safeties have done every year since PeeWee league. Kazee got better at it while he adjusted to the watered down league's hit rules.

Now Suave is coming off an achilles and likely won't be 100% in game one. Even if he is healthy he is not a playmaker folks. A slow, average cover guy. Quinn has been begging for takeaways for years. Good luck getting takeaways from Suave. Kazee is closer to Earl Thomas than Suave. Trust me. Keep him at FS and try Rico Suave, one of the young corners or a late camp vet at nickel. 

caponine and The Peregrine like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I had already said in this thread that once Kazee gains more experience he will be better than Rico. But he ain't better today. Film dont lie

You missed my points I guess lol.

The thread ain’t about Allen bro.  Kazee is already 10X the playmaker  & is just getting started. 

I like em both but why are we talking about Allen so much when this was about our boy Crazee Kazee? Geesh.  Smfh.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now