therawest

Damontae Kazee is one of my favorite Falcons going into this season

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Kazee has already been a much better player than Allen. His range is deeper, coverage is always tight and he's a ball hawk and hard hitter. Allen doesnt offer much except for tackling which even he whiffs. There's no reason why Allen should be starting over Kazee at safety. 

Edited by caponine

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

Kazee has already been a much better player than Allen. His range is deeper, coverage is always tight and he's a ball hawk and hard hitter. Allen doesnt offer much except for tackling which even he whiffs. There's no reason why Allen should be starting over Kazee at safety. 

See that's where you are completely wrong. Anyone that has ever played defensive back knows Allen is a much better player....right now. Because he can get every single defensive player in the right alignment. Football is a lot more mental than physical. When Allen got hurt you saw how confused everyone looked against the Saints

6 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

See that's where you are completely wrong. Anyone that has ever played defensive back knows Allen is a much better player....right now. Because he can get every single defensive player in the right alignment. Football is a lot more mental than physical. When Allen got hurt you saw how confused everyone looked against the Saints

Right now we can benefit from both of the things, Ricardo’s intelligence and mastery of the defense and Kazee’s ball hawking, hard hitting and tight coverage. 

10 minutes ago, therawest said:

Right now we can benefit from both of the things, Ricardo’s intelligence and mastery of the defense and Kazee’s ball hawking, hard hitting and tight coverage. 

I agree. Kazee definitely has more physical talent. And once he gets more experience I believe he will be a better player

30 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

no doubt i agree but man could you imagine him and deion jones on the same field. People would be absolutely scared to throw against them 

Knight of God likes this

36 minutes ago, caponine said:

Wrong . Allen is better in coverage, tackling & has better overall awareness . Rarely ever does he gives up big plays . 

Kazee “whiffs” & for every play he makes he gives up 2. He has a lot of work to do before he becomes better than Allen . I have no idea what you were watching last year . 

They will be on the 

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

no doubt i agree but man could you imagine him and deion jones on the same field. People would be absolutely scared to throw against them 

They will be on the field together 60 percent of the time because Kazee will be our starting nickel corner back. We are in nickel at least 60 percent of the time. 

7 minutes ago, caponine said:

Exactly why he will be better than Allen once he gets the experience. Kazee has game changing skills. And he is one of my favorite players in the NFL 

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

If Kazee doesn’t get better he’ll be giving up big plays again this year making Debo’s work in the middle void . Thomas Decoud forced a lot of turnovers & got threw on .. just like Kazee , only difference is Kazee is a willing tackler, physical & wants to get better. Deion isn’t gonna stop a QB from throwing on Kazee because Kazee is out of position 30 yards down the field . It’s impossible . He has to get better . 

TheFatboi and Falcons In 2012 like this

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Wrong . Allen is better in coverage, tackling & has better overall awareness . Rarely ever does he gives up big plays . 

Kazee “whiffs” & for every play he makes he gives up 2. He has a lot of work to do before he becomes better than Allen . I have no idea what you were watching last year . 

Kazee is very aggressive. That is a positive and negative. Once he gets the experience I expect his awareness to go higher. But as of now I agree he isn't better

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Kazee is very aggressive. That is a positive and negative. Once he gets the experience I expect his awareness to go higher. But as of now I agree he isn't better

Exactly . Hopefully he does surpass Allen . He has all the tools & he actually wants to be great . Now it just needs to happen for him . Last year was him scratching the surface . B)

11 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Exactly . Hopefully he does surpass Allen . He has all the tools & he actually wants to be great . Now it just needs to happen for him . Last year was him scratching the surface . B)

Agree completely. Hopefully all our young defensive players used last year as learning on the fly and will improve with everyone healthy. Well I don't know about Duke. I'm severely disappointed in his progress 

I got on the Kazee bandwagon when we drafted him.  I had not heard of him but when I saw his tape, I saw that scrappy all-gas-no-brakes style that DQ loves and the ball skills were evident.  I honestly did not think it would translate so well to the NFL.  He is so fun to watch and my favorite on the defense.

Tim Mazetti likes this

I Looooove Kazee.  He is one of the few guys on defense right now playing for their first real co tract outside of rookie deal.  With the other pieces around him being healthy this year, even if he plays nickel cb he is going to be a pleasure to watch!

tonatl07 and therawest like this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

He has not. 

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Facts. Tru and Alford’s worst years as Falcons. What changed? Allen. You can’t replace knowledge with athlete. Unless that athlete has superior knowledge of his position. Ppl fell in love with the picks but didn’t see when he left his corners out to dry because brees or Rodgers looked him off and got him off his spot looking for the pick. I loved the picks but I also saw the rest of it. 

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Exactly. Kazee misses more tackles than Allen. Allen rarely misses tackles if at all. 

Kazee will be better than Poole.  I can see Kazee coming off the edges on blitzes and causing turnovers not just big hits.  Q has a ton of options with Kazee and Allen on the field.  This should be an exciting season to watch this defense.  

ltstorm2, tonatl07 and NeonDeion like this

56 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. Kazee misses more tackles than Allen. Allen rarely misses tackles if at all. 

He definitely needs to clean that up 

4 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Exactly why he will be better than Allen once he gets the experience. Kazee has game changing skills. And he is one of my favorite players in the NFL 

Yup, nothing beats experience.....Allen gave up some big plays too his 1st year at safety. 

7 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

What ^^^^ said, +1,000.

Why isn’t it best to have both Kazee & Rico on the field together for majority of snaps?

Slot corner is the toughest position in the secondary. Kazee has the skill set to make the PB this year in that role...he will also see extra snaps as our 3rd safety in Big Nickel

youngbloodz and Marcotu6 like this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, caponine said:

Disagree. Kazee is flashy and more exciting, sure. Better, I dont think so. Rico is a stalwart.

It seemed to me that we allowed more big plays through the air last year than we did the last 2 season combined.

Edited by RubberDucky