Tim Mazetti

The Falcons' Are Keeping Their Stars.

69 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

But none are vital for 2019 SB success or they would still be Falcons.

Lol touché.

Exactly good players let go and all replaceable.

Hard decisions yes I’m not sure why there’s so much angst around here about it.:shrug:

Tim Mazetti likes this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

How? Lol!! All you did was show Trufant get beat once. If that's the case he's just as good as Ramsey, Sherman, etc. **** better since you only showed one instance. We should pay Trufant more!!

You asked for proof, proof was provided and now proof ain’t enough for you to hush :tiphat: now it’s everyone gets beat. Now it’s Ramsey and Sherman :tiphat: 

Im here all week if you want the smoke 

Edited by ButSkiuup

3 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

You asked for proof, proof was provided and now proof ain’t enough for you to hush :tiphat: now it’s everyone gets beat. Now it’s Ramsey and Sherman :tiphat: 

Im here all week if you want the smoke 

Wait hang on lol, are you saying Ramsey and Sherman never get beat??? Please tell me you really believe that 

Posted (edited)

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Wait hang on lol, are you saying Ramsey and Sherman never get beat??? Please tell me you really believe that 

Deflection man is using deflection. Stick to the topic

Edited by ButSkiuup

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

That is the topic lol. Answer the question

Tru was the topic, everyone else was the deflection 

Just now, ButSkiuup said:

Tru was the topic, everyone else was the deflection 

Loooolllll so you can't compare a player to others? The only smoke you got is the smoke coming out of your *** :lol:

I miss the old trolls

Tim Mazetti and Vandy like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Loooolllll so you can't compare a player to others? The only smoke you got is the smoke coming out of your *** :lol:

I miss the old trolls

Not when the question is show me them getting beat and it’s shown. Then you start deflecting. Good day sis :tiphat:

56 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I'm thrilled with how this franchise is run and amazed how we do so well with the CAP. I recall a time not long ago when we would let the best players, players like Deion Sanders, walk because we didn't want to pay them.

I always thought Sanders left because he wanted to play for a super bowl contender. Not so much the money.

ButSkiuup likes this

47 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

But none are vital for 2019 SB success or they would still be Falcons.

I would sleep better at night if we still had Coleman and Bryant. Although Bryant hasn't been signed I guess if Italian ice is a dud we could call Matt Bryant back.

3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I would sleep better at night if we still had Coleman and Bryant. Although Bryant hasn't been signed I guess if Italian ice is a dud we could call Matt Bryant back.

No those are troll thoughts apparently. The best kicker in franchise history is not part of our success 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

12 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Not when the question is show me them getting beat and it’s shown. Then you start deflecting. Good day sis :tiphat:

You showed one play and I asked does every corner not get beat at some point? And then you started deflecting lol.

1 hour ago, ButSkiuup said:

Bryant Gone

Alford Gone

Coleman Gone

all stars vital to 2016 SB success before the collapse 

Alford was tied for 2nd in the NFL in penalties among defensive players.  1st among secondary players and counted for 11.88% of the Falcons total penalties.  I liked Alford and wish him the best, but these give the opposing offense a new set of downs.  Of the 12 penalties called on Alford, this is what ultimately happen on those drives:

Punt - 1

TD -  6

FG - 4

Turnover on Downs - 1

Teams scored on 83% of the drives that he committed a penalty, a combined 54 points.  Now, I'm not saying we would have stopped all of those points had he not committed penalties, but his mistakes kept our defense on the field, and this is what happened because of it.

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I always thought Sanders left because he wanted to play for a super bowl contender. Not so much the money.

I would think all players want to play for a Super Bowl contender, but wanting to play for a Super Bowl contender was not what the fan base was furious about back then, me included.

In 1994, when we let him walk, we made no honest attempt to try to keep him. The Smiths were too cheap to pay him big money and that was why we were so mad. The Smiths were horrible owners.

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Pretty sure Deion admitted years after the fact that he would have stayed had the Falcons offered him more money.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

20 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Pretty sure Deion admitted years after the fact that he would have stayed had the Falcons offered him more money.

What were the rules back then anyway regarding free agency?  It was instituted in 1992 and Sanders was allowed to walk in 1994.did we even have the right to match another teams offer? He just went to San Fran for a year, then went to Dallas.

It was a long t8me ago, but I had season tickets back then and recall me and many of my friends being furious at the Smiths when Sanders got away. 

42 minutes ago, gazoo said:

What were the rules back then anyway regarding free agency?  It was instituted in 1992 and Sanders was allowed to walk in 1994.did we even have the right to match another teams offer? He just went to San Fran for a year, then went to Dallas.

It was a long t8me ago, but I had season tickets back then and recall me and many of my friends being furious at the Smiths when Sanders got away. 

Free agency started in 1993, the same year the salary cap started. The first big free agent signing was Reggie White leaving the Eagles to go to the Packers. I don't know about UFA the right to match offers and stuff.

But I do remember years after the fact Deion talking about how he would have stayed if the Falcons had offered him more money. But who really knows? Deion was also a ring chaser which is why he went to the hated 49ers on a 1-year deal and then signed a massive (at the time) deal with the Cowboys. 1995 was also the same year the Cowboys decided to play hard ball with Emmitt Smith and Emmitt held out the first two games of the season and the Cowboys lost both games and after that happened Jerry Jones caved in to him. Jerry was quick to learn that Emmitt Smith was the key to the Cowboys offensive, not Troy Aikman.

gazoo and Tim Mazetti like this

13 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Bryant Gone

Alford Gone

Coleman Gone

all stars vital to 2016 SB success before the collapse 

Percy Harvin was a SB star too. Why did the Seahawks let him go? 

Falconsfan567 likes this