Falconsfan567

Salary Cap

278 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

But you said he was top 5. Wrong. Now where did he rank last year? Last six years? Definitely not top 5.

Says you.  Like I said, google it.  Do your own research.  You are wrong.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Most of those guys went on to play better than Dimi's replacements played.

If Dimi is top of the league in cap management a whole bunch of GMs suck at it.

He's been bottom of the league in cap space for years and imbalanced with a 60/40 off/def split.

In eleven seasons he's had five top 10 offenses in pts/yds, but only one such defense.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

IND, CHI, DAL, KC, LAC, PHI, SEA, NO, BAL all have more cap space than us. IND has 4x as much. What do they all have in common? They went to the playoffs last year while we sat by the fire and watched. We've only been to the playoffs twice in the last six seasons bro.

This is the type of stuff I just laugh and shake my head at. Why does it matter how much cap space the Falcons have? Do they get extra wins for it or something? Bonus points during the games? I couldn't give two flips how much cap space the Falcons have during the season. It's completely meaningless because the roster you've got at the beginning of the season is all there is. There's no going out and signing a marquee player during the season.

athell and kiwifalcon like this

25 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dimi is under .500 with only two playoff berths in the last six years bro. Mostly because of his roster building.

You’re not wrong.  But you only use 2013-present day because it fits.  Include 2010-present

athell and Falconsfan567 like this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This is the type of stuff I just laugh and shake my head at. Why does it matter how much cap space the Falcons have? Do they get extra wins for it or something? Bonus points during the games? I couldn't give two flips how much cap space the Falcons have during the season. It's completely meaningless because the roster you've got at the beginning of the season is all there is. There's no going out and signing a marquee player during the season.

Thank you.  Especially when most those teams have qbs on rookie contracts.  Poached stats are the best stats aren't they?

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

You’re not wrong.  But you only use 2013-present day because it fits.  Include 2010-present

It's the same reason he bashes TD for getting rid of Turner and replacing him with Jackson but TD doesn't get any credit for signing Turner in the 1st place just like TD doesn't get any credit for drafting Ryan when him and 95% of the folks here wanted Glenn Dorsey because Dorsey was supposed to be the next Warren Sapp. We all saw how Glenn Dorsey's career turned out.

athell and kiwifalcon like this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's the same reason he bashes TD for getting rid of Turner and replacing him with Jackson but TD doesn't get any credit for signing Turner in the 1st place just like TD doesn't get any credit for drafting Ryan when him and 95% of the folks here wanted Glenn Dorsey because Dorsey was supposed to be the next Warren Sapp. We all saw how Glenn Dorsey's career turned out.

I’ll say this about my man FFS1970.  All his posts have some truth and logic.  He doesn’t talk just to talk.  He understands the game.  That’s why I read what he says.

Do I agree with it all?  No.  But that doesn’t mean he is wrong

VTCrunkler likes this

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

I’ll say this about my man FFS1970.  All his posts have some truth and logic.  He doesn’t talk just to talk.  He understands the game.  That’s why I read what he says.

He knows a lot but has a blind spot for TD for some reason.

Honestly I dunno why some people are fans of this franchise when all they do is piss and moan and talk crap all day long about it.  Move on.  Find rest somewhere else.

1 minute ago, athell said:

He knows a lot but has a blind spot for TD for some reason.

Honestly I dunno why some people are fans of this franchise when all they do is piss and moan and talk crap all day long about it.  Move on.  Find rest somewhere else.

You know why, brother. Cause we are all different.  What I can’t question is that mans loves and devotion to the Falcons

21 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

You know why, brother. Cause we are all different.  What I can’t question is that mans loves and devotion to the Falcons

I seriously question that based off his posting history lol

9 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It’s an educated guess.  There is absolutely no way to keep all those guys, Kiwi.  No accounting method will allow for so much manipulation.

I just hope we find a way to keep Hooper.

They could restructure Matthews & Tru If both play like they should and are in the 4 year plan.  Could also extend Mack to reduce his 2020 CAP.  That’s about it.  The rest will be made in the form of cuts.  Who we cut is anyone’s guess.  But looking at CAP vs Dead Money, there are only 7-8 logical options. 

Lol if they want them they’ll stay and accounting exercise it will be.Like I keep telling you your only taking into account what’s in front of you now not what else could transpire between now and next year.

Yet Allen Bailey signs for 2 years at roughly 5 per year cmon man just give it up.

We haven’t even signed Julio yet but that’s coming lol.Your embarrassing yourself give it up.If the players you think we can’t sign are wanted they’ll be signed.

7 hours ago, thamill said:

The game is won and lost in the trenches.  If you are getting gouged in the run game like we were last year(I think back specifically to the Browns game), 9mil may be worth it.  

They added Hageman Davison to beef the middle up for not too much $$$$$$ and just added Bailey to solidify the edge.

We all know what we did on the other side of the ball so not only did the coaches and FO target the trenches they have managed to lock up there core players bar Julio for the next 3-5 years.

Thats not the important part what they have to do to protect themselves against injury and the cap is continually plug in new talent via the draft that’s the key.

Vandy likes this

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

DT just isn’t a core position IMO.  We paid Grady 17 mill APY...but we could have signed Damon Harrison and Mike Daniels for 7 mill AP combined.  Daniels, Harrison, Crawford, Clayborn is way cheaper and far more formidable.

Its why Belichick won’t pay for DL.  Scheme can create the needed pressure.  

So guys like Aaron Donald, Warren Sapp, and John Randle aren't core players you build a defense around?

And I really wish people would stop mentioning the Patriots in any way shape or form as an example for anything. The Patriots are a unique franchise that can do things differently because they've got arguably the greatest defensive mind in NFL history. Last time I checked the Falcons don't have that.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He is wrong. How can he bash TD for getting rid of Turner but not give him credit for Turner ever being a Falcon in the first place? Same with Matt Ryan.

kiwifalcon, Vandy and athell like this

49 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol if they want them they’ll stay and accounting exercise it will be.Like I keep telling you your only taking into account what’s in front of you now not what else could transpire between now and next year.

Yet Allen Bailey signs for 2 years at roughly 5 per year cmon man just give it up.

We haven’t even signed Julio yet but that’s coming lol.Your embarrassing yourself give it up.If the players you think we can’t sign are wanted they’ll be signed.

Bailey won’t cost anything more than 2 mill next year so his contract is irrelevant.  But if you think we can sign Grady, Debo, Julio, Bailey, Hooper, Dre, Crawford whole also keeping Freeman, Sanu, Rico, Ty & Mack then you’ve lost your perspective.  It’s not happening.  We had 45 million in CAP so a move or two was an option this year.  Next year, not so much.  Time will tell

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Bailey won’t cost anything more than 2 mill next year so his contract is irrelevant.  But if you think we can sign Grady, Debo, Julio, Bailey, Hooper, Dre, Crawford whole also keeping Freeman, Sanu, Rico, Ty & Mack then you’ve lost your perspective.  It’s not happening.  We had 45 million in CAP so a move or two was an option this year.  Next year, not so much.  Time will tell

Bailey will cost something the fact the Falcons can still add talent debunks what you are saying.

The idea we can’t do what you suggested is being proved wrong.They can do whatever they see fit.

The idea they can’t is a myth.Again drafting is the key here so if we do choose we can be very flexible in what we do.

I refuse to believe what you say because we’ve been doing exactly thee opposite since we first resigned Ryan’s second deal and have signed guys like Julio twice Debo Trufant and Jarrett to near the top of there positions salary wise and continue to add talent.

You say we can’t when they do then what,educate your guess out of that one.Cmon man you need to leave this alone now.

54 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He is wrong. How can he bash TD for getting rid of Turner but not give him credit for Turner ever being a Falcon in the first place? Same with Matt Ryan.

70 reminds me of a long term Falcon fan whose been punch drunk.Hes seen failure for so long so being successful and consistent is a foreign concept to him.

Bag TD how can he when for the most part the previous 40 we’ve had turds who were clueless under poorly led ownership.

Only thing AB and TD have bought fans is expectation higher than its ever been.

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Bailey will cost something the fact the Falcons can still add talent debunks what you are saying.

The idea we can’t do what you suggested is being proved wrong.They can do whatever they see fit.

The idea they can’t is a myth.Again drafting is the key here so if we do choose we can be very flexible in what we do.

I refuse to believe what you say because we’ve been doing exactly thee opposite since we first resigned Ryan’s second deal and have signed guys like Julio twice Debo Trufant and Jarrett to near the top of there positions salary wise and continue to add talent.

You say we can’t when they do then what,educate your guess out of that one.Cmon man you need to leave this alone now.

Where is all this "talent" we keep adding bro? Our splash free agent acquisitions the last two seasons were Jay Mon Brown and Joey Buttafusco.

ButSkiuup likes this

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

They added Hageman Davison to beef the middle up for not too much $$$$$$ and just added Bailey to solidify the edge.

We all know what we did on the other side of the ball so not only did the coaches and FO target the trenches they have managed to lock up there core players bar Julio for the next 3-5 years.

Thats not the important part what they have to do to protect themselves against injury and the cap is continually plug in new talent via the draft that’s the key.

Glad to see F.O. being proactive. Mucho better offseason than 2017-2018. 

kiwifalcon likes this

14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Most of those guys went on to play better than Dimi's replacements played.

If Dimi is top of the league in cap management a whole bunch of GMs suck at it.

He's been bottom of the league in cap space for years and imbalanced with a 60/40 off/def split.

In eleven seasons he's had five top 10 offenses in pts/yds, but only one such defense.

Most of those guys didn't go on to play anywhere (the ones I named) and the ones that did in that specific group maybe had 1 year at best.

Again, cap space is a philosophical thing.  You like the Eagles/Saints method of leveraging the future.  I don't think that's the best philosophy for long-term success.  I doubt many teams have an exact 50/50 split of cap space--you're nitpicking at this point because you simply don't like TD.

Your last point has nothing to do with salary cap.  You don't like him as a talent evaluator, that's got nothing to do with the cap management...

kiwifalcon and athell like this

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Especially when Turner left to play 4 seasons with the Chargers and didn't break 85 carries in any of them.

Dahl played 1 game in his last year as a Falcon.  In his last two seasons with the 49ers he played a grand total of 4 games with no starts.

McClure retired a Falcon and his last year has snap issues for the first time in his career, while being a solid player for his career, it was time.

Clabo wasn't that stellar his last year with us.  He went to Miami as a starter for 1 year, got released and went to Houston as a backup.

The evidence doesn't backup his claims on this one...

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Where is all this "talent" we keep adding bro? Our splash free agent acquisitions the last two seasons were Jay Mon Brown and Joey Buttafusco.

So we haven’t added any talent in the draft ?

FAs a fill in are you not up with the play yet?

You still in denial.

We aren’t resigning bums we resigning top tier talent that we drafted.

athell and HASHBROWN3 like this

12 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

So we haven’t added any talent in the draft ?

FAs a fill in are you not up with the play yet?

You still in denial.

We aren’t resigning bums we resigning top tier talent that we drafted.

He is so hateful he can't allow himself to see it bro.  It's pointless debating with him on the subject.

20 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Is there any reason to go back to 2010? Totally different team. Only one player left. Different cap situation. Different coaching staff. Different scheme. Caldwell and Snead are long gone. You only want to go back to 2010 because it fits. 

1 hour ago, athell said:

He is so hateful he can't allow himself to see it bro.  It's pointless debating with him on the subject.

Debate is healthy even if your repeating yourself over and over again lol.

athell likes this

21 hours ago, athell said:

Thank you.  Especially when most those teams have qbs on rookie contracts.  Poached stats are the best stats aren't they?

NO, SEA, IND, LAC, DET, OAK, CIN and SF all have more cap space than us. None of them have QBs on rookie contracts. Neither does NE. They always have more cap space than us.