Falconsfan567

Salary Cap

278 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ButSkiuup said:

You think that until you realize you have no depth and go 7-9

There's not a single team in the NFL that would have survived losing that many starters to season ending injuries.

18 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Doesn't even address the OL that needed to be completely rebuild but instead we ignored it. Dude is talking about the 2016 NFCCG but how many starters left from 2012 did we have? Only a few. Dan Quinn completely overhauled the roster because he had no choice.

Exactly 567. We went all-in with Julio trade, which cost us a ton of draft capital combined with some big swing and misses by TD previously. So that window was 2012, and it was there for us with home field....and we blew it.

That window slammed shut after that loss to SF...like you said, OL was a mess...LBers were a mess too.....Moore, spoon were injury prone. Turner got fat and old. Anyone who watched SJax in 2012 could see his explosiveness was leaving him as well....yet we went and signed him up under the illusion we were still a SB caliber team.

I’m a smitty fan, but he was burned out too... 

16 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

You think that until you realize you have no depth and go 7-9

We actually now have much better depth .....just off the top of my head, at OG, safety, DT, and LBer.....because of that 7-9 season. 

18 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And comin off a 7-9 season, 46-50 (.479) over our last six seasons, missing the playoffs in four of them, and no Lombardies. That aint even a B+ bro. Yet Kiwi continues to cling to his scrotum.

Pretty much what he said ^

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We actually now have much better depth .....just off the top of my head, at OG, safety, DT, and LBer.....because of that 7-9 season. 

But who’s fault’s that

Vandy likes this

28 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's not a single team in the NFL that would have survived losing that many starters to season ending injuries.

Until you look at the 2017 eagles :tiphat:

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, ButSkiuup said:

Until you look at the 2017 eagles :tiphat:

Eagles lost their QB and won the Super Bowl. They weren't the first to do that. I don't recall them losing their 2 starting guards on the offensive line and their 2 best defensive players. They wouldn't have sniffed a super bowl had that happened.

BTW, they weren't the first team to win a SB after losing their starting QB. It's actually happened a few times.

Vandy likes this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Eagles lost their QB and won the Super Bowl. They weren't the first to do that. I don't recall them losing their 2 starting guards on the offensive line and their 2 best defensive players. They wouldn't have sniffed a super bowl had that happened.

BTW, they weren't the first team to win a SB after losing their starting QB. It's actually happened a few times.

They actually lost a starting tackle Peters, starting MLB Hicks, chance of pace RB Sproles, Jeffrey played thru injury with a torn rotator in addition to their starting QB Wentz who was having an MVP season 

the more you know :tiphat:

Edited by ButSkiuup
Vandy likes this

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Quite a few times, actually. Top of my head, plunkett with raiders, skins with Doug Williams, Giants with Hostetler...

Still very impressive. And eagles had to major injuries to other key starters as well. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

2 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

They actually lost a starting tackle Peters, starting MLB Hicks, chance of pace RB Sproles, Jeffrey played thru injury with a torn rotator in addition to their starting QB Wentz who was having an MVP season 

the more you know :tiphat:

I'd still take losing

QB (with a solid Foles like backup

MLB

Back up RB

LT

And a injured WR

Over having lost

RG

LG

#1 RB

SS

FS

MLB

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

Quite a few times, actually. Top of my head, plunkett with raiders, skins with Doug Williams, Giants with Hostetler...

Still very impressive. And eagles had to major injuries to other key starters as well. 

They did but still not as many as us. We've overcome some injuries but at some point it gets too much.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'd still take losing

MLB

Back up RB

LT

And a injured WR

Over having lost

RG

LG

#1 RB

SS

FS

MLB

Oh please if Ryan went down, wouldn’t sniff 6 wins 

37 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

They did but still not as many as us. We've overcome some injuries but at some point it gets too much.

We had a bunch. But Losing your starting QB and LT and MLB for entire season is more devastating than what happened to us last year, IMHO. 

Our two best players had All-Pro caliber seasons. We had numerous coaching blunders by Quinn and his staff on both sides of the ball, both in personnel and game situations.. If we had not kept trotting Richards/Riley et al out there and make a couple better situational coaching decisions (see bengals game for example),  we may have squeaked into playoffs.

That’s why eagles won, their coaching staff raised it all up a notch and the players saw and believed. While our coaching staff was a big part of the problem last year, instead of part of solution.

ButSkiuup likes this

40 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Pats with Brady??

Vandy likes this

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We had a bunch. But Losing your starting QB and LT and MLB for entire season is more devastating than what happened to us last year, IMHO. 

Our two best players had All-Pro caliber seasons. We had numerous coaching blunders by Quinn and his staff on both sides of the ball, both in personnel and game situations.. If we had not kept trotting Richards/Riley et al out there and make a couple better situational coaching decisions (see bengals game for example),  we may have squeaked into playoffs.

That’s why eagles won, their coaching staff raised it all up a notch and the players saw and believed. While our coaching staff was a big part of the problem, instead of part of solution.

They didn't lose those players for the whole year though. They were already playoff bound and an 11-2 team before Wentz went down. Debo and Neal both went down GAME 1. Rico went down GAME 3. Let's pretend like the Eagles dominated the entire season with backups though. Who cares about Nicks? Dude is a marginal player and Bradham didn't miss a beat. Peters was a big loss, but he still played 7 games and that was more than our guards played.

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No the salary cap is an imaginary cap that clueless fans think has no effect on a roster.

Found the guilty conscience.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They didn't lose those players for the whole year though. They were already playoff bound and an 11-2 team before Wentz went down. Debo and Neal both went down GAME 1. Rico went down GAME 3. Let's pretend like the Eagles dominated the entire season with backups though. Who cares about Nicks? Dude is a marginal player and Bradham didn't miss a beat. Peters was a big loss, but he still played 7 games and that was more than our guards played.

See, I think it’s even more remarkable what they did losing their QB ...who was having an MVP caliber year...that late in a season and still coming together to win it all. phenomenal character on that team. 

Who is Nicks? Its jordan Hicks. Marginal player my ***, come on man. He was a key component of that defense, every bit as important as Debo is here. (Not saying as good, but key component). 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/7/13/15796320/jordan-hicks-nfl-philadelphia-eagles-interception-magnet-team-leader

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-jordan-hicks-stands-at-the-top-of-the-free-agent-linebacker-class

FalconsIn2020 and ButSkiuup like this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Pats with Brady??

Biggest ever. Can’t believe I left him out!

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'd still take losing

MLB

Back up RB

LT

And a injured WR

Over having lost

RG

LG

#1 RB

SS

FS

MLB

In hindsight you would.  At the time, losing Wentz was considered a death blow.  We were 4 point favorites on the road in the playoffs

ButSkiuup and Vandy like this

16 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

In hindsight you would.  At the time, losing Wentz was considered a death blow.  We were 4 point favorites on the road in the playoffs

Not my fault people forget Foles is decent. I was worried about that game from the start.

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Not my fault people forget Foles is decent. I was worried about that game from the start.

True.  But the 3 games heading into the playoffs Foles didn’t look good.  55% completions, 530 yards and 17 ppg.  Shutout the final game of regular season.  

And he was average against us, too

Vandy and ButSkiuup like this

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

True.  But the 3 games heading into the playoffs Foles didn’t look good.  55% completions, 530 yards and 17 ppg.  Shutout the final game of regular season.  

And he was average against us, too

Average is just fine when you got a defensive line like that.

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

There was nothing about 32 year old Osi coming off a 6 sack season to think he would be as good as...much less an upgrade....over Abe. 

SJax was signed as a 30 year old RB. Everybody knows RBs fall off a cliff at 30. 

We were an old, depleted of talent team my man after 4 straight years of bad drafting. It all caught up with us in 2013.

Agree. They were nothing but stop gaps. The kicker was startimg Worrilow and Bartu at LB. Was a tough season to watch.

Vandy likes this