Falconsfan567

Salary Cap

278 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Mud Duck and Turner retired so im not.sure why you included them.

Abraham, Turner, and McClure never played again in the NFL but somehow TD is an idiot for letting them go? How in the heIl does that work?

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Abraham, Turner, and McClure never played again in the NFL but somehow TD is an idiot for letting them go? How in the heIl does that work?

Didnt abe play a season in.Arizona? Did i dream that?  But yeah hes just throwing out names as "evidence" to fit his TD sux narrative. Guess he diiesnt believe in quality over quantity after all?

Ovie_Lover likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Seriously how you can have a negative thought toward TD and Co after those last two contracts is beyond me. Hes just lurking and hoping he gets to post "Julio Jones tye 20m$ hood ornament "or other such drivel when the ink on that deal dries.

Some people just hate no matter what. I dislike Trufant a good.deal but I always give hm props when he has.a good game. Thats the real difference though. Some contrarians live to be proven correct. Myself, I love to be proven wrong and am happy eough to.admit it when I am. 

Ovie_Lover and NeonDeion like this

9 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Didnt abe play a season in.Arizona? Did i dream that?  But yeah hes just throwing out names as "evidence" to fit his TD sux narrative. Guess he diiesnt believe in quality over quantity after all?

Abraham played for the Cardinals? If he did I don't remember it. Shows how much impact he had for them.

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Abraham played for the Cardinals? If he did I don't remember it. Shows how much impact he had for them.

Actually had 11.5 sacks and 4 ff.for them in 2013. Doesnt make your point any less.valid though

Falconsfan567 likes this

21 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Mud Duck and Turner retired so im not.sure why you included them.

Mud Duck asked to come back and Dimi said no. He cut Turner. Replaced them with King Konz and a washed up SJax. He also jettisoned Abe, Grimes and Clabo that year in favor of Osi, Tru and Puddin. All were cap casualties due to bad cap management. Those moves started a three year 18-30 run with no playoff berths. Buddy should have been long gone to the State Line.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Mud Duck asked to come back and Dimi said no. He cut Turner. Replaced them with King Konz and a washed up SJax. He also jettisoned Abe, Grimes and Clabo that year in favor of Osi, Tru and Puddin. All were cap casualties due to bad cap management. Those moves started a three year 18-30 run with no playoff berths. Buddy should have been long gone to the State Line.

Does he get credit for the run we have now? For 2016? 

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah and.Mud.duck went on to sign with... Turner was burnt. Who was it that brought Turner in to begin with? You dont get to use Turner against TD. Abraham was 35 and injured. Cutting him was thr right thing to.do. Abe signed a.2 yr.4m dollar deal with friggin.Arizona. No other team in the NFL believed in him enough to give him more than.1.6m in.2013. 

so your point is replacing key players sometimes takes longer than a sing le offseason? Thats true for.every team

or is it that hindsight is a better G.M. Than T.D.? Hindsight is better than all G.M.s. Hindsight is undefeated.

17 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Does he get credit for the run we have now? For 2016? 

He just used letting turner go against him without giving credit for him. Ringimg him in in the first place. You know that answer.

Ovie_Lover and Falconsfan567 like this

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah and.Mud.duck went on to sign with... Turner was burnt. Who was it that brought Turner in to begin with? You dont get to use Turner against TD. Abraham was 35 and injured. Cutting him was thr right thing to.do. Abe signed a.2 yr.4m dollar deal with friggin.Arizona. No other team in the NFL believed in him enough to give him more than.1.6m in.2013. 

so your point is replacing key players sometimes takes longer than a sing le offseason? Thats true for.every team

or is it that hindsight is a better G.M. Than T.D.? Hindsight is better than all G.M.s. Hindsight is undefeated.

Mud Duck was replaced by King Konz and Missing Person. Turner was burnt, but SJax was crispier. Abraham racked up 11.5 sacks and went to the Pro Bowl the next year. Osi had 7.5 and went to a toilet bowl. Hindsight had nothing to do with getting rid of Abe, Grimes, Turner, Mud Duck and Clabo that year. Not coming off an NFCCG. That was all Dimi cap mismanagement. Not to mention Sackmaker and RobbinUs. Get ready for a similar purge next year.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well I'm stunned.

So.was literally every personnel office. Ari gave him a 2 yr 4.6m deal. He got all of.1.6m in 2013. 31 other teams wish they had offered 2m

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Poe Alford Coleman Shraedar Bryant Irvin 

freeman Tru and Sanu will be next

You just mentioned players we cut this year because they were overpaid. You haven't even see them play on another team yet they're already a mistake made by TD? 

Hold on a sec while I laugh at you

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Mud Duck was replaced by King Konz and Missing Person. Turner was burnt, but SJax was crispy. Abraham racked up 11.5 sacks and went to the Pro Bowl the next year. Osi had 7.5 and went to a toilet bowl. Hindsight had nothing to do with getting rid of Abe, Grimes, Turner, Mud Duck and Clabo that year. Not coming off an NFCCG. That was all Dimi cap mismanagement. Not to mention Sackmaker and RobbinUs. Get ready for a similar purge next year.

Dude Abraham was i jured and 35. Cutting him was the right move. If you gonna  bust TD s balls over it then you need to bust everyone elses since he went to Ari for a measley 1.6m. Thats the definition of hindsight.

so your point is replacements to key players someti mes take longer than one offseason? Thats true for all teams

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

2 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

You just mentioned players we cut this year because they were overpaid. You haven't even see them play on another team yet they're already a mistake made by TD? 

1 minute ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

In all fairness he did sayPoe who has a.full season of showig he isnt worth the money

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Mud Duck was replaced by King Konz and Missing Person. Turner was burnt, but SJax was crispy. Abraham racked up 11.5 sacks and went to the Pro Bowl the next year. Osi had 7.5 and went to a toilet bowl. Hindsight had nothing to do with getting rid of Abe, Grimes, Turner, Mud Duck and Clabo that year. Not coming off an NFCCG. That was all Dimi cap mismanagement. Not to mention Sackmaker and RobbinUs. Get ready for a similar purge next year.

Come on bro.. Abe and Grimes were the only players REMOTELY closr to being good when let go. Abe played one season and then What? Disappeared from football

Crimes wasnt even able to win his team A division championship. Actually not even a winning season. These guys were toast when released. The rest of the guys you mentioned aren't even worth mentioning lol

NeonDeion likes this

I think if FFS70 were to say something nice about TD and give him credit for something like signing Michael Turner he would disappear into a pile of nothingness. He's like Patrick Swayze in Ghost.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 minute ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Come on bro.. Abe and Grimes were the only players REMOTELY closr to being good when let go. Abe played one season and then What? Disappeared from football

Crimes wasnt even able to win his team A division championship. Actually not even a winning season. These guys were toast when released. The rest of the guys you mentioned aren't even worth mentioning lol

And Abe was injured and 35. It was the right move. Ariwas the only team thatoffered him shyte. He made.1.6m in 2013.

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

In all fairness he did sayPoe who has a.full season of showig he isnt worth the money

True, Poe and Coleman are still good in my books. Poe like you said is NOT worth Alex Mack money. Coleman was worth the 5ish mil per year he got but, we had to spread the wealth to the defense

6 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

No one is worried about this year, it’s the future. In order to sign the guys you mentioned, we let go of what? 3 starters and Coleman and have to hope their replacements don’t skip a beat

To be fair though Alford who i actually like was the whipping boy for a good minute there and everyone was asking for his release before he started ti improve little by little although he never was that great.  I personally would have rather both Alford and Trufant be replaced and upgraded from what i see last season.  But we can't do both of them so 1 shall have to do for now.   As for Coleman he was alright but nothing that can't be found better as RB's like him are a dime a dozen.  I actually personally like Ito's running style better of the 2 and think he is better at seeing the holes and making people miss tackles.  Now where i do agree with you is on Matt Bryant that dude was elite at his position and if The The Italian Stallion doesn't come in kicking everything automatic with a stronger leg then that one could for sure come to bite us.   But on another note 4+ million is alot of money for a kicker in general but still a number i probably would have paid.  The 1 thing that gives me some concern on Bryant is as good as he was for us not 1 team has looked at him or picked him up this offseason so im wondering if the Falcons and the other teams in the nfl know something i don't about him and his injuries last year possibly lingering.

I would have backed you up on a bit more of your problems if you had listed players that i think were pretty good or couldn't easily be upgraded.  If you were to list say Keanu Neal, Deon Jones, Grady Jarrett, Alex Mack, Jake Matthews, Matt Ryan or Julio jones as guys we didn't keep i would have been 100% in agreement with you.  But alford and coleman can move on and i'll be quite ok with finding as good if not better replacements for cheaper which we very well could have already done.

6 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

True, Poe and Coleman are still good in my books. Poe like you said is NOT worth Alex Mack money. Coleman was worth the 5ish mil per year he got but, we had to spread the wealth to the defense

Poe got way more than he deserved. Coleman's deal is reasonable but let's not act like he's irreplaceable. The guys we drafted will be more than enough to replace Coleman's production. That's the way you do business. You keep your key guys like Jarrett and DeBo and let your role guys like Coleman go.

12 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

LMAO. Grimes went on to dam near equal Tru and Alf's combined production and three straight Pro Bowls. 

Abe wasn't hurt. He was drinkin, but still beatin plenty as. Dimi cut him. He went to a Pro Bowl. He was still playin like this: