Falconsfan567

Salary Cap

278 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's the same reason he bashes TD for getting rid of Turner and replacing him with Jackson but TD doesn't get any credit for signing Turner in the 1st place just like TD doesn't get any credit for drafting Ryan when him and 95% of the folks here wanted Glenn Dorsey because Dorsey was supposed to be the next Warren Sapp. We all saw how Glenn Dorsey's career turned out.

Dude I was all for getting rid of Turner and RobbinUs. Not a fan of replacing Turner with a washed up SJax though. That was a failed cap move. Should have used one of the five ornamental picks on DeMarco Murray in 2011.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

NO, SEA, IND, LAC, DET, OAK, CIN and SF all have more cap space than us. None of them have QBs on rookie contracts. Neither does NE. They always have more cap space than us

Loooollllllllll

athell likes this

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

NO, SEA, IND, LAC, DET, OAK, CIN and SF all have more cap space than us. None of them have QBs on rookie contracts. Neither does NE. They always have more cap space than us.

Serious question bro.....Which of those teams have had a more impressive this offseason than falcons have had? 

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dude I was all for getting rid of Turner and RobbinUs. Not a fan of replacing Turner with a washed up SJax though. That was a failed cap move. Should have used one of the five ornamental picks on DeMarco Murray in 2011.

DeMarco Murray who's not even in the league anymore and outside of a couple good years with the Cowboys did next to nothing in the NFL.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question about why you're so obsession about cap space during the season. Do you get extra wins? Do you get bonus points during games? There's got to be some "logical" reason you're so obsessed with the amount of cap space the Falcons have during the season.

athell likes this

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

NO, SEA, IND, LAC, DET, OAK, CIN and SF all have more cap space than us. None of them have QBs on rookie contracts. Neither does NE. They always have more cap space than us.

You are hopeless man.  Now you are moving goalposts to include the Lions, Raiders, Bengals and 49ers.  lol...I'm done with you man.  Waste of my time.

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Serious question bro.....Which of those teams have had a more impressive this offseason than falcons have had? 

Boom! Thank you sir! Not sure Ive ever seen the depth building on this team like this.

athell and Vandy like this

16 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Bailey will cost something the fact the Falcons can still add talent debunks what you are saying.

The idea we can’t do what you suggested is being proved wrong.They can do whatever they see fit.

The idea they can’t is a myth.Again drafting is the key here so if we do choose we can be very flexible in what we do.

I refuse to believe what you say because we’ve been doing exactly thee opposite since we first resigned Ryan’s second deal and have signed guys like Julio twice Debo Trufant and Jarrett to near the top of there positions salary wise and continue to add talent.

You say we can’t when they do then what,educate your guess out of that one.Cmon man you need to leave this alone now.

Technically, yes, they could restructure every player not on a rookie contract.  But that’s stealing from Peter to feed Paul.  

Vandy and FalconFanSince1970 like this

You done messed up A-A-Ron when you fall in line with the likes of the Lions, Raiders, Bengals and 49ers.

:lol:

I'm laughing out loud.  Thanks 70, I needed that.

52 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Technically, yes, they could restructure every player not on a rookie contract.  But that’s stealing from Peter to feed Paul.  

This is true. But feels different this season, like they’re making a big push going all in. Something they didn’t do in either ‘17 or ‘18.

16 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Bailey will cost something the fact the Falcons can still add talent debunks what you are saying.

The idea we can’t do what you suggested is being proved wrong.They can do whatever they see fit.

The idea they can’t is a myth.Again drafting is the key here so if we do choose we can be very flexible in what we do.

I refuse to believe what you say because we’ve been doing exactly thee opposite since we first resigned Ryan’s second deal and have signed guys like Julio twice Debo Trufant and Jarrett to near the top of there positions salary wise and continue to add talent.

You say we can’t when they do then what,educate your guess out of that one.Cmon man you need to leave this alone now.

Where is all this talent we're adding bro? We had less than ten players who had a 70+ overall PFF score last year. They were added years ago. Our biggest free agent acquisitions the last two years were Fusco, Bailey, Jamon, Irvin, McClain, Bethel, Stocker, Ortiz, Richards, Sombrero, Davison, Clayborn, Paulsen, Wetzel and Carpenter. Riveting. I know you believe the cap is imaginary and avoidable. It's not. 

14 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Where is all this talent we're adding bro? We had less than ten players who had a 70+ overall PFF score last year. They were added years ago. Our biggest free agent acquisitions the last two years were Fusco, Bailey, Jamon, Irvin, McClain, Bethel, Stocker, Ortiz, Richards, Sombrero, Davison, Clayborn, Paulsen, Wetzel and Carpenter. Riveting. I know you believe the cap is imaginary and avoidable. It's not. 

PFF!!!!! LOL!!!!!

10 hours ago, capologist said:

Most of those guys didn't go on to play anywhere (the ones I named) and the ones that did in that specific group maybe had 1 year at best.

Again, cap space is a philosophical thing.  You like the Eagles/Saints method of leveraging the future.  I don't think that's the best philosophy for long-term success.  I doubt many teams have an exact 50/50 split of cap space--you're nitpicking at this point because you simply don't like TD.

Your last point has nothing to do with salary cap.  You don't like him as a talent evaluator, that's got nothing to do with the cap management...

I listed Abe, Grimes, Mud Duck, Clabo, DiMarco, Dahl, The Burner and Poe. Their replacements didn't play as well. Matter of fact, they sucked. All were cap induced downgrades. We'll see if Bryant, Irvin, Alf and Teco's replacements play better this season. They were cap casualties too.

The NFL has a hard cap that aint goin nowhere. Yeah you can manipulate it but you will eventually pay. We've been paying the last two years, opening with $1-2M in space when the free agency bell rung. Had to wait for Lolo and Shredder's June 1 money to come off just to come up for air.

That ain't good cap management bro. The next couple years will be even more of a challenge. His imbalanced 60/40 spending will come to roost. Naw man I'm not a fan of Troff as a talent evaluator or cap manager. I know you and many more are though so carry on.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

All of them because they have more cap space than us lol.

Nevermind the fact we are as talented as every team mentioned.

Im sure 70 would rather see any of the mentioned win over the Falcons just so he could say he told us so.

Bro’s heads in the sand because what he thinks is the best way is being debunked at every turn.

Cap TD Talent

Vandy and Falconsfan567 like this

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

All of them because they have more cap space than us lol.

Nevermind the fact we are as talented as every team mentioned.

Im sure 70 would rather see any of the mentioned win over the Falcons just so he could say he told us so.

Bro’s heads in the sand because what he thinks is the best way is being debunked at every turn.

Cap TD Talent

He refuses to answer my simple question.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

On paper? Many of them. Plus they have more cap space than us and can still make moves.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

DeMarco Murray who's not even in the league anymore and outside of a couple good years with the Cowboys did next to nothing in the NFL.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question about why you're so obsession about cap space during the season. Do you get extra wins? Do you get bonus points during games? There's got to be some "logical" reason you're so obsessed with the amount of cap space the Falcons have during the season.

LMAO. Demarco Murray had 9,339 yards in seven seasons. Turner, SJax and Free combined for 8,382 over the same period. 

I'm more worried about cap space before the season. We haven't had any the last few years. Wait til you see the next few.

30 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

On paper? Many of them. Plus they have more cap space than us and can still make moves.

Make moves what have we done all off season.We have resigned top tier talent added mid tier FAs and just signed Bailey yesterday lol.

All going into TC.If teams haven’t got most of there roster set yet I’d say they’d be in trouble if you ask me.

Make moves fark your a joker aren’t you the Falcons have been busy all off season.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:20 PM, ButSkiuup said:

No one is worried about this year, it’s the future. In order to sign the guys you mentioned, we let go of what? 3 starters and Coleman and have to hope their replacements don’t skip a beat

Hey brother you missed this one doing your research on what I said @Vandy :tiphat: 

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

PFF!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Fusco, Bailey, Jamon, Irvin, McClain, Bethel, Stocker, Ortiz, Richards, Sombrero, Davison, Clayborn, Paulsen, Wetzel and Carpenter.

LOL!!!!!

On 7/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

Ryan, Julio, Jarrett, DeBo, Neal. I think those are the guys we keep no matter what happens.

Whoever AB says your a Falcon for life mark it down.Thats the biggest indicator for me.

In all seriousness I think the coaches are under the microscope more than the players.

TD & co have loaded the roster with talent and depth.The onus is now on the coaches.

I know how to be successful consistently in this league guys.  Model yourselves after the Lions, Raiders, Bengals and 49ers.  Truly the pinnacle of this league, the elite tier if you will.  If we can just catch a fraction of the lightning in the bottle that they have, we will win the Superb Owl in less than 2 years.

55 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I like he says we started the offseason with 1 mil, where did we get the money to keep Beasley? 

LMAO. We signed Beasley two weeks before free agency started bro. We limped into free agency broke.

But we scored Jamon and Carpenter. Our splash signings. Two low rated journeymen. You happy?